Dublin v Tyrone quarter final 6.8.11 SFC 2011

Started by orangeman, July 24, 2011, 06:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hereiam

Anyone think this is a bad time for a championship match to be played. 7.00 in the evening is a long day waiting on a match. What was the reson for this time?

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Hereiam on August 01, 2011, 11:00:11 AM
Anyone think this is a bad time for a championship match to be played. 7.00 in the evening is a long day waiting on a match. What was the reson for this time?

Maybe they want to use the lights, not sure would they be needed in the summer though.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

sheamy

Quote from: Hereiam on August 01, 2011, 11:00:11 AM
long day on the sauce more like...the publicans will make a killing

Doogie Browser

I agree re the time of the match, thought 4.00pm would have been ideal.  Means Tyrone fans travelling back will not be home until after midnight now.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: sheamy on August 01, 2011, 09:52:20 AM
Quote from: Hound on August 01, 2011, 09:30:02 AM
It was next week's game they were predicting. Can't imagine Brady would tip Dubs for All Ireland.

I didn't think so. Canavan stated they'd get over the Dubs and it'd probably be Kerry in the final which he said Tyrone would be ok with. Very ballsy!

It was the prediction for sam....................................I think brady was just jesting...................however Im actually warming to the chap now, not half as bad as I thought in fairness to him

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Jinxy on August 01, 2011, 11:25:26 AM
Boo hoo!
:D I am at a wedding on sat so I was hoping for 4 myself as it would give me more of a chance to see the match, can't see everyone being fed and speeches over until 8 at least. 

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Pharoch Phantom on August 01, 2011, 06:47:12 AM
Quote from: Radda bout yeee on July 28, 2011, 03:51:48 PM
Did anyone see the irish news yesterday? Quality ad in from Cookstown Fr Rocks - "book your tickets for the dublin match by monday evening" LMAO Typical Cookstown making A Holes of themselves!  :D :D :D

Only one A hole on this board RADDA. You of little faith.

Well i always had faith that Tyrone would win against Roscommon and i'm sure the club secretary and PRO of the club where too but to put an ad in a national newspaper to book your Dublin tickets before actually beating the Rossies was disrespectful and typical Fr Rocks IMO!

Moortown Spuds

Radda bout yeee

Doesn't really matter how it was worded - they shouldn't have mentioned the dublin game tickets!

Basically all gaels I have been talking to over the weekend have mentioned it - followed by eye rollling and laughing!

Moortown Spuds

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on August 01, 2011, 11:54:20 AM
Doesn't really matter how it was worded - they shouldn't have mentioned the dublin game tickets!

Basically all gaels I have been talking to over the weekend have mentioned it - followed by eye rollling and laughing!

Requests for tickets must be in by tomorrow midday. To avoid disappointment the gaels of Cookstown put the notice in with the disclaimer of  "In the Event of". These gaels you have been discussing this with-can they read? Did you conveniently leave out the "In the Event of" part of their club notice? Are you a woman and why would something so trivial annoy you?

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Moortown Spuds on August 01, 2011, 11:59:32 AM
Quote from: Radda bout yeee on August 01, 2011, 11:54:20 AM

Requests for tickets must be in by tomorrow midday. To avoid disappointment the gaels of Cookstown put the notice in with the disclaimer of  "In the Event of". These gaels you have been discussing this with-can they read? Did you conveniently leave out the "In the Event of" part of their club notice? Are you a woman and why would something so trivial annoy you?

I'm not a woman (i don't see what that has to do with anything anyway). I never asked the gaels if they could read - its not a usual conversation starter for me.
I merely pointed out what I saw in the paper on this notice board and said that I thought it a bit OTT. Could it not have waited to todays Irish News? The only reason I brought it back up today was because I was responding to Cookstown poster who said I had little faith and he called me an A Hole - which in fairness I shouldn't have used in my original post and apologised for this already!
So now my question to you:

Why is it annoying you so much - given your from the lough shore?

Moortown Spuds

Iv lots of Connections to the Fr.Rocks. Do you hate all things related to Cookstown-you constantly jibe at them. Jealousy?

sizzler

Quote from: Moortown Spuds on August 01, 2011, 12:11:30 PM
Iv lots of Connections to the Fr.Rocks. Do you hate all things related to Cookstown-you constantly jibe at them. Jealousy?

In fairness Radda you are often posting negatively about the Fr Rocks!!! Infact you posted this newspaper advert on two threads!!

That said as a rocks man i chuckled when i read it. Probably could have waited until today but it is hardly a topic that needs to be discussed with every gael over the weekend!!!

ziggysego

It was bad form to adverise the tickets, but Radda you do seem to be making a meal of it.
Testing Accessibility