Dublin v Tyrone quarter final 6.8.11 SFC 2011

Started by orangeman, July 24, 2011, 06:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rois

First notice - Club Tyrone are running a pre-match event next Friday night for Dublin-based Tyrone supporters. Mickey Harte will be coming to give his views and we'll throw in a sandwich and a cuppa. No charge, but Tyrone/Dublin banter mandatory!
PM me for details.

supersarsfields

Quote from: Hound on July 31, 2011, 09:26:10 AM
The "AI in this team" might have been Sam2010, and we messed it up.

I don't think Dubs are good enough to beat Cork or Kerry, who have both improved on last year IMO - so hopefully Limerick and Mayo do us a favour there :)

On our side of the draw, if you were picking a side to take down Kerry/Cork, you'd probably pick Tyrone.

Dubs v Tyrone is 50/50. Hopefully Dubs can show more than they did in Leinster, otherwise we're gone and so is Gilroy

You may be right with regards to 2010. But when Dublin click into gear they can rip teams apart. It's keeping it going for 70mins that's the key rather than in bursts of 20 mins or so. A win over Tyrone will do alot to focus their attention and you'd expect them to learn from last year.

Course here's hoping they spontaneous implode next week!!

LeoMc

Right Orangeman, get the title updated. Keep this thread above that other Hoganstandesque "He said" "well whatabout" effort.

INDIANA

Quote from: LeoMc on July 31, 2011, 04:02:01 PM
Right Orangeman, get the title updated. Keep this thread above that other Hoganstandesque "He said" "well whatabout" effort.

yep you'd hate the truth to come out on some of the "tactics" used.

orchard 8195

Canalman

Mate at the game said he heard some Tyrone fans chanting "Bring on Kerry" on Jones Road after the game.

Can't raise my hopes up too much as the 2008/2009 defeats are tattooed on our psyche. I honestly don't know how Dublin stand as the season for them (as Bryan Cullen said after LSFC) starts next Saturday. Can't see Harte making the same mistakes like last year when his refusal to take Dooher off (possibly so as not to please the Dublin fans) basically cost them the game imo.

INDIANA

Quote from: Canalman on July 31, 2011, 07:21:53 PM
Mate at the game said he heard some Tyrone fans chanting "Bring on Kerry" on Jones Road after the game.

Can't raise my hopes up too much as the 2008/2009 defeats are tattooed on our psyche. I honestly don't know how Dublin stand as the season for them (as Bryan Cullen said after LSFC) starts next Saturday. Can't see Harte making the same mistakes like last year when his refusal to take Dooher off (possibly so as not to please the Dublin fans) basically cost them the game imo.

Jury still out on the tyrone players too canalman.

Is Peter Harte as good as Brian Dooher- hard to say

Is Sean O Neill as good as Davy Harte- hard to say

Is Mark Donnelly as good as Stephen O Neill- nope

Is Kyle Coney as good as Mulligan- potentially yes but we've yet to see it.

Ricey not as good a man marker as he used to be.

I think nobody knows where tyrone are at either. They havent beaten anyone really to get to the last 8.

Hill16 Blues

Tyrone at times have looked like team of old but very hard to say where they are. They lost to Donegal team who only had to score 2-6 to beat them. Beat Longford - hard to know what that's worth as Longford were beaten by piss poor Laois team. And then beat Armagh team well who had been hammered by Derry and drew by skin of their teeth with mediocre Wicklow team at home.

Now Dublin haven't set the world alight in Leinster but am hopeful that Culen was right and that Gilroy has them tee'd up for QF. Very hard game to call. As we've found previously a 4 week wait for a game doesn't do Dublin any favours. MDMA & Philly's return will hopefully make up for this! Roll on Sat!!!

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Hill16 Blues on July 31, 2011, 10:17:08 PM
Tyrone at times have looked like team of old but very hard to say where they are. They lost to Donegal team who only had to score 2-6 to beat them. Beat Longford - hard to know what that's worth as Longford were beaten by piss poor Laois team. And then beat Armagh team well who had been hammered by Derry and drew by skin of their teeth with mediocre Wicklow team at home.

Now Dublin haven't set the world alight in Leinster but am hopeful that Culen was right and that Gilroy has them tee'd up for QF. Very hard game to call. As we've found previously a 4 week wait for a game doesn't do Dublin any favours. MDMA & Philly's return will hopefully make up for this! Roll on Sat!!!

reading between the lines on your post i have to agree - dublin will win!!

Pharoch Phantom

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on July 28, 2011, 03:51:48 PM
Did anyone see the irish news yesterday? Quality ad in from Cookstown Fr Rocks - "book your tickets for the dublin match by monday evening" LMAO Typical Cookstown making A Holes of themselves!  :D :D :D

Only one A hole on this board RADDA. You of little faith.

nrico2006

Quote from: supersarsfields on July 31, 2011, 12:29:38 PM
Quote from: Hound on July 31, 2011, 09:26:10 AM
The "AI in this team" might have been Sam2010, and we messed it up.

I don't think Dubs are good enough to beat Cork or Kerry, who have both improved on last year IMO - so hopefully Limerick and Mayo do us a favour there :)

On our side of the draw, if you were picking a side to take down Kerry/Cork, you'd probably pick Tyrone.

Dubs v Tyrone is 50/50. Hopefully Dubs can show more than they did in Leinster, otherwise we're gone and so is Gilroy

You may be right with regards to 2010. But when Dublin click into gear they can rip teams apart. It's keeping it going for 70mins that's the key rather than in bursts of 20 mins or so. A win over Tyrone will do alot to focus their attention and you'd expect them to learn from last year.

Course here's hoping they spontaneous implode next week!!

When have Dublin 'rip teams apart'?

QuoteJury still out on the tyrone players too canalman.

Is Peter Harte as good as Brian Dooher- hard to say

Is Sean O Neill as good as Davy Harte- hard to say

Is Mark Donnelly as good as Stephen O Neill- nope

Is Kyle Coney as good as Mulligan- potentially yes but we've yet to see it.

Ricey not as good a man marker as he used to be.

I think nobody knows where tyrone are at either. They havent beaten anyone really to get to the last 8.

Valid points but I think that is why there is optimism among Tyrone fans now because there is new players in freshening the team up.  These new players are not going to become All Stars over night, but through the number of games they are getting in the Championship now then in a couple of years the like of Peter Harte and Kyle Coney will be really big players for Tyrone.  Add into the equation that Tyrone still have Dooher, SON, Mulligan and Harte on the bench then that gives you an idea of the strength there is in depth.  Two young Tyrone players who hopefully will be fit to start on Saturday are Justin McMahon and Aidan Cassidy.  Cassidy was a revelation against Longford in the middle and Justin is arguably Tyrone's best footballer. 

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

stibhan

Quote from: Pharoch Phantom on August 01, 2011, 06:47:12 AM
Quote from: Radda bout yeee on July 28, 2011, 03:51:48 PM
Did anyone see the irish news yesterday? Quality ad in from Cookstown Fr Rocks - "book your tickets for the dublin match by monday evening" LMAO Typical Cookstown making A Holes of themselves!  :D :D :D

Only one A hole on this board RADDA. You of little faith.

On The Sunday Game during the now infamous Davis-Brolly spat, Des Cahill basically said that the quarter final pairings were Kerry-Limerick, Mayo-Cork, Dublin-Tyrone and Donegal-Kildare. Nothing was made of it by anyone at the time because the other fellas were stealing the show.

sheamy

Interesting to note that when Matt Cooper asked the TV3 panelists after the games yesterday who would win Sam the response was:

Senan Connell - Dublin
David Brady - Dublin
Peter Canavan - Tyrone.

Seems this is the AI final on saturday lads!!

Hound

It was next week's game they were predicting. Can't imagine Brady would tip Dubs for All Ireland.

sheamy

Quote from: Hound on August 01, 2011, 09:30:02 AM
It was next week's game they were predicting. Can't imagine Brady would tip Dubs for All Ireland.

I didn't think so. Canavan stated they'd get over the Dubs and it'd probably be Kerry in the final which he said Tyrone would be ok with. Very ballsy!