Radda bout yeee

Quote from: heffo on August 04, 2011, 03:47:13 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 04, 2011, 03:44:50 PM
Quote from: heffo on August 04, 2011, 03:42:40 PM
Quote from: Rois on August 04, 2011, 03:31:58 PM
Quote from: heffo on August 04, 2011, 03:22:17 PM
Any of you people interested in Dub Hub tickets for Friday

http://www.hill16.ie/thedubhub/dub-hub-live.html

On this Friday in the Baggot Inn at 6.45pm..

Is that the best yez can do - we've Mickey Harte coming to the Lansdowne Hotel on Pembroke Road for Tyrone supporters on Friday night, and it's free  ;D

Mickey is a God fearing Christian and if he were here he'd tell you it's a sin to brag.

Mickey Harte doesn't fear Bernard Brogan, does he?

He doesn't believe in him but he's afraid of him.

LMFAO! And Bbbbeeeww he was gone!!!

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on August 04, 2011, 03:52:05 PM
Heading to this match on Saturday and looking forward to it. While I believe Tyrone kicked it away last year I feel Dublin are going to come through this year. Like Mayo I think they have just being doing enough to get through their provincial campaigns and it starts here for them this weekend. The fact that there's no word coming from the Dublin camp would indicate that they're going to seriously up it a level and I would regard the Cahill at 11 rumours as a red herring. Alan Brogan will play there with Bernard and Connolly inside. If Cahill does start it will be as a third midfielder as this is where Dublin are weak. I expect either himself or Bastick to be hanging out of Cavanagh from the throw in.

As well as McMenamin played in the league, Dublin shouldn't start him. Tyrone will gobble him up. Bring him on when their legs are wavering. I wouldn't start Fitzsimons either, he's too loose and Coney or Mulligan will take him for a few points. O'Carroll will hold Donnelly and the wing backs will keep the Tyrone wing forwards thinking. The key could be Brian McGuigan though, probably having his finest year since 05 and it will be interesting to see if Ger Brennan follows him around. I don't think he will though as he'll be detailed to hold the center and stop the likes of Cavanagh marauding through. You'll probably see the 3rd midfielder pick him up.

I think all that can be summed up as: if the two Brogans and Connolly are on form and enough quick, quality ball can be delivered up to them, Dublin will come through. How Tyrone try to counteract that will be interesting.

Don't want to give the Dubs tips but that could be a VERY risky startegy!

heffo

Brennan wont follow him. Cullen was dragged out of centre back in 2008 out to the wing - they won't make that mistake again.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: heffo on August 04, 2011, 03:58:20 PM
Brennan wont follow him. Cullen was dragged out of centre back in 2008 out to the wing - they won't make that mistake again.

Would you really want Brennan as a lose man though, he's distribution is awful, for me he is the weakest link on the Dublin team especially in such a pivotal position.

Looking forward to the game, if both sides had the same prep i.e. this was also Dublin's third game in 3 weeks I would favour them strongly but think it could be tight and wouldn't be surprised to see a draw or worse the referee making a c**k-up of a decision to decide it, fine margins and all that.
#newbridgeornowhere

Rois

Is that the best yez can do - we've Mickey Harte coming to the Lansdowne Hotel on Pembroke Road for Tyrone supporters on Friday night, and it's free  ;D

Mickey is a God fearing Christian and if he were here he'd tell you it's a sin to brag.

Just trying to drum up numbers!  Should have arranged a Battle of the Fans or something.  Pugel fights on Lower Baggot St?  Though your lot would probably be too late out of the Baggot Inn  :P   

sheamy

Not brag? HAHA. There's a term called 'Tyrone arrogance' and they even use it themselves in everyday conversation  :D

e.g. 'I'm not sure if it's just Tyrone arrogance but....'

Nally Stand

Quote from: sheamy on August 04, 2011, 04:14:49 PM

Not brag? HAHA. There's a term called 'Tyrone arrogance' and they even use it themselves in everyday conversation  :D

Ah sure you'll get that attitude in every county that has more than one All-Ireland, sure you know yourselves
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 04, 2011, 04:11:06 PM

Would you really want Brennan as a lose man though, he's distribution is awful, for me he is the weakest link on the Dublin team especially in such a pivotal position.

Looking forward to the game, if both sides had the same prep i.e. this was also Dublin's third game in 3 weeks I would favour them strongly but think it could be tight and wouldn't be surprised to see a draw or worse the referee making a c**k-up of a decision to decide it, fine margins and all that.

I would agree with that, if Cian O'Sullivans hamstrings weren't at him all year he'd do a savage job there imo.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

heffo

I don't think you'll see a loose man on either side. Neither team play a conventional 15 on 15.

sheamy

Quote from: Nally Stand on August 04, 2011, 04:18:40 PM
Quote from: sheamy on August 04, 2011, 04:14:49 PM

Ah sure you'll get that attitude in every county that has more than one All-Ireland, sure you know yourselves

BOOM BOOM

Nouveau riche I think the french call it...and the Kerrymen  ;)

Canalman

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on August 04, 2011, 04:20:30 PM

I would agree with that, if Cian O'Sullivans hamstrings weren't at him all year he'd do a savage job there imo.

Couldn't agree with you more there Croí. CO'S is a class act and will be sorely missed by us. Far too injury proned though.

heffo

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on August 04, 2011, 04:20:30 PM

I've a feeling we'll be seeing Cian sooner or later on Saturday.

Hound

Brennan had a couple of loose ones v Wexford, but generally is a very good distributor. Takes almost all of Dublin's frees around the half back line.

Just checked the Dublin stats site
http://dublingaastats.weebly.com/v-wexford.html

and I suppose he is on a bit of a downward spiral. He's attempted 12 foot passes in each of the 3 games, and his success rate has gone from 11 v Laois, to 10 v Kildare to 9 v Wexford.

Fuzzman

A Jackeen just sent me this wee article in the Cork Examiner.

FOR all the talk about systems and tactics, there is one very simple task that Dublin must tackle on Saturday — defend.
The problem for Dublin, however, is that when they have made a step up in class in the championship it is a basic principle that they have struggled to master.

Since their re-emergence as championship contenders in 2005, the team have been undone by an inability to limit their opponents when it has come to the crunch.

Dublin don't tend to be involved in boring matches. But the problem is that they don't tend to be on the right side of epic, close-fought battles either.

In 2005, Pillar Caffrey's Dubs drew 1-14 apiece with Tyrone at the quarter-final stage — but haemorrhaged in the replay and lost 2-18 to 1-14.

In 2006, they blew a commanding seven-point lead and lost an All-Ireland semi-final to Mayo by 1-16 to 2-12. Kerry made hay in 2007 and scored 1-15 to Dublin's 0-16 in an All-Ireland semi-final.

Tyrone were back in 2008 when they made little of the rain to win 3-14 to 1-8 in an All-Ireland quarter-final.

Pat Gilroy's debut summer culminated in a horrific 1-24 to 1-7 mauling at the hands of Kerry in the 2009 All-Ireland quarter-final.

And last year Dublin let a five-point lead slip and lost 1-15 to their 1-14 in the All-Ireland semi-final against Cork.

Ever since the Kerry disaster of 2009 Gilroy has sought to refine the swashbuckling approach of old and be less accommodating to opposition forwards.

What's interesting is that Gilroy has repeatedly set Tyrone on a pedestal for the work rate and intensity they bring to their game.

A year ago Dublin beat Tyrone 1-15 to 0-13. The victory over the then Ulster champions was Dublin's biggest championship scalp since beating 2001 beaten All-Ireland finalists Meath in Leinster in 2002.

That win will either stand in isolation on or be embellished by a Dublin victory that can only be achieved if they shut up shop.

Mickey Harte's men have made no secret of the fact that they want to make up for that loss. With 34 goals in 15 competitive games in 2011, the Dubs can score. But the question remains: Can they defend?

Read more: http://www.examiner.ie/sport/gaa/dublin-must-prove-they-can-shut-door-on-tyrone-163178.html#ixzz1U4ftyaWD