Quarter-finals

Started by thejuice, July 23, 2011, 09:32:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heffo

It'll be Kerry v Limerick & Donegal v Kildare one day and Cork v Mayo & Tyrone v Roscommon

squire_in_navy_slacks

kildare and donegal offer handsome odds

Id say kerry are bloody delighted with themselves........................

Hope the rossies kick lumps outta tyrone for many reasons, namely ricey, gormley, diver jordan and puppet head..................... maybe even win ;)

Gaffer

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on July 24, 2011, 09:13:33 PM

Hope the rossies kick lumps outta tyrone for many reasons, namely ricey, gormley, diver jordan and puppet head..................... maybe even win ;)

Main one being you are shit scared  of Tyrone  ;)
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

ck

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on July 24, 2011, 09:13:33 PM

Tyrone will eat Roscommon alive!! 10 points +

Norf Tyrone

Maybe it's been mentioned elsewhere but Kerry could reach the AIF by beating just two times!!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on July 25, 2011, 12:30:31 AM
Maybe it's been mentioned elsewhere but Kerry could reach the AIF by beating just two times!!

They beat Tipp as well.
#newbridgeornowhere

clarshack

are the croke park lineups likely to be this:

sat:
tyrone v roscommon (2.00)
donegal v kildare (4.00)

sun:
kerry v limerick (2.00)
mayo v cork (4.00)

donegal lad

Quote from: clarshack on July 25, 2011, 10:06:06 AM

sat:
donegal v kildare (4.00)

sun:
kerry v limerick (2.00)
mayo v cork (4.00)
I would be very surprised if any game was on at 2 oclock on the saturday both games will have evening throw ins i was thinking more along the lines of donegal vkildare being played on the sunday so for them to bring the biggest crowds

Kerry Mike

I'd prefer a Sat game, frees up the rest of the long weekend, its a pain in the hole having to play quarter finals every August bank holiday anyway, but yerra its a good complaint to have I suppose :P
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

snippets

Is there a  huge 3 hour  meeting going on determining  these fixtures. What more important things do they have to sort out today than provide information for over 100 000 people to organise themselves to attend games next weekend.   Why cant anything happen quickly in the GAA?  They could have been annouunced on the Sunday game last night.
this bus aint gonna drive itself.

clarshack

Quote from: donegal lad on July 25, 2011, 12:18:36 PM
Quote from: clarshack on July 25, 2011, 10:06:06 AM

sat:
donegal v kildare (4.00)

sun:
kerry v limerick (2.00)
mayo v cork (4.00)
I would be very surprised if any game was on at 2 oclock on the saturday both games will have evening throw ins i was thinking more along the lines of donegal vkildare being played on the sunday so for them to bring the biggest crowds

throw-in for down v kerry was 2.00pm on the same saturday last year.

donegal lad

Coming from people on twitter donegal vs kildare is on 6 oclock on saturday evening

Bingo

Quote from: snippets on July 25, 2011, 12:31:51 PM
Is there a  huge 3 hour  meeting going on determining  these fixtures. What more important things do they have to sort out today than provide information for over 100 000 people to organise themselves to attend games next weekend.   Why cant anything happen quickly in the GAA?  They could have been annouunced on the Sunday game last night.

Every decision has to be made by a committee of men from all corners of ireland who value their expenses conribution to the GAA.

In fairness I assume maybe the Garda and a few other bodies may have to be consulted and rubber stamp the final call. But maybe most of this can be done in advance.

AZOffaly

Or the draw could have been done on Saturday evening to give the teams an extra day to prepare.

ildanach

i see on twitter that it seems to be saturday @ 6pm donegal v kildare, sunday @ 2pm kerry v limerck and mayo v cork @4pm
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.