Cork
Kildare
Limerick
Tyrone/Roscommon

Dublin
Kerry
Mayo
Donegal

Is there any restriction on who can play who?

If I could pick the match ups I'd love to see:

Tyrone Vs Kerry
Limerick Vs Mayo
Cork Vs Donegal
Kildare Vs Dublin

Or

Roscommon Vs Dublin
Limerick Vs Mayo
Cork Vs Kerry
Kildare Vs Donegal
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Frank Casey

Cork v Kerry cannot be - no repeats of provincial finals. Rossies can't meet Mayo at QF so Rossie/Tyrone will be a special case as well.
KERRY 3:7

ross4life

Rossies watching this draw tomorrow will be like watching a episode of Bullseye "here's what you could have won"
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

adevvabr

What happens if Roscommon/Tyrone are drawn against Mayo? Obviously Rocommon cant play Mayo as they met in Connaught Final but if Tyrone beat Roscommon this wouldnt be a problem and would be able to play Mayo in quarters. The way I see it, a fair draw cant be made until after Roscommon and Tyrone match

Farrandeelin

Quote from: adevvabr on July 23, 2011, 09:52:18 PM
What happens if Roscommon/Tyrone are drawn against Mayo? Obviously Rocommon cant play Mayo as they met in Connaught Final but if Tyrone beat Roscommon this wouldnt be a problem and would be able to play Mayo in quarters. The way I see it, a fair draw cant be made until after Roscommon and Tyrone match

It'll then be the next one out of the hat that gets to play Mayo then. And if let's say Dublin are due to play the next team out of the bowl/hat (take your pick) then they face Roscommon/Tyrone.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

adevvabr

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 23, 2011, 09:55:00 PM
Quote from: adevvabr on July 23, 2011, 09:52:18 PM

It'll then be the next one out of the hat that gets to play Mayo then. And if let's say Dublin are due to play the next team out of the bowl/hat (take your pick) then they face Roscommon/Tyrone.

Surely thats not fair on Tyrone. No offence to Mayo but Tyrone would probably be hoping to get them in the quarters instead of having to play Dublin, Donegal or Kerry.

Farrandeelin

Yes, sure everyone would just LOVE a crack at Mayo and beat us by ten or twenty points at least. :'(
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

marker1979

ildanach

this evening after the hurling on rte
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

muppet

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 24, 2011, 07:29:29 AM
Yes, sure everyone would just LOVE a crack at Mayo and beat us by ten or twenty points at least. :'(

Mayo would prefer in this order:

Tyrone - we will be serious underdogs, we play well against them (even playing crap in 2008 we should have won)
Kildare - we will be serious underdogs, they are a well oiled machine but we seem to do well against teams playing systems rather than open football (Kerry, Galway),
Limerick - we will possibly be favourites which we don't do well.
Cork - No thanks boy.

We can't get Tyrone so I'm hoping for Kildare. Big big test for us but I think we could cause a surprise there. Limerick would be a banana skin that we seem to thrive on falling over. Our only way of beating that Cork team would be to put their watches all back an hour and try to hold out for the last ten minutes when they show up.
MWWSI 2017

ballinaman

Quote from: muppet on July 24, 2011, 11:57:15 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 24, 2011, 07:29:29 AM

Mayo would prefer in this order:

Tyrone - we will be serious underdogs, we play well against them (even playing crap in 2008 we should have won)
Kildare - we will be serious underdogs, they are a well oiled machine but we seem to do well against teams playing systems rather than open football (Kerry, Galway),
Limerick - we will possibly be favourites which we don't do well.
Cork - No thanks boy.

We can't get Tyrone so I'm hoping for Kildare. Big big test for us but I think we can could cause a surprise there. Limerick would be a banana skin that we seem to thrive on falling over. Our only way of beating that Cork team would be to put their watches all back an hour and try to hold out for the last ten minutes when they show up.
Couldn't agree more.

Aaron Boone

Interesting no team who was in the first round of qualifiers made it through to the quarters, Down came closest.

PatDaly

Would like to see the following draw:

Kerry v Tyrone/Roscommon
Mayo v Cork

Donegal v Kildare
Dublin v Limerick

with Kildare going on to win Sam by taking revenge on the Dubs in the semi and Tyrone in the final.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Having a feeling of

Kerry vs Tyrone/Rossies

Donegal vs Kildare

Mayo vs Limerick

Dublin vs Cork

its bloody fixed anyways isnt it .................................... :o

trileacman

What happens if Dublin draw Kildare
Kerry draw cork.
donegal limerick is out next so cork play donegal and kerry v limerick.
Leaving Tyrone/Roscommon v Mayo which isn't allowed to happen??  ???
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014