Quarter-finals

Started by thejuice, July 23, 2011, 09:32:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Mayo will probably end up getting Cork. Cue nobody travelling to that game so there could be a triple-header! I don't know, but I'd agree with what muppet says. It would be a measure of how far we have come if we are drawn against Kildare.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Doohicky

From a tyrone view I would quite like another crack at donegal. Mickey rarely gets beat by a system twice so I think w would take them in the quarters.
This is all dependant on getting past the ros game if course

ross4life

For Donegal's sake i hope they don't get Tyrone in QFS, we where in that situation in 2001 & the chances of Donegal beating Tyrone twice in one year is limited.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

J70

Quote from: ross4life on July 24, 2011, 06:00:40 PM
For Donegal's sake i hope they don't get Tyrone in QFS, we where in that situation in 2001 & the chances of Donegal beating Tyrone twice in one year is limited.

We'll see. We've been written off by many on this board this year, especially prior to the Tyrone and Derry games. We're unlikely to start as nervously against Tyrone if we meet them again. I don't why we couldn't beat a second time. Obviously it would be a formidable challenge.

donegal lad

Don't think it matters who we get we are gonna be written off but people will soon learn to give us the respect we deserve why does everyone think yet couldn't beat tyrone again we have beat them twice already this year

orangeman

Quote from: donegal lad on July 24, 2011, 06:25:35 PM
Don't think it matters who we get we are gonna be written off but people will soon learn to give us the respect we deserve why does everyone think yet couldn't beat tyrone again we have beat them twice already this year

When do you think that will happen ?

Do you think you're not getting the respect you deserve even after winning the Ulster championship ?.

donegal lad

Quote from: orangeman on July 24, 2011, 06:27:57 PM

Do you think you're not getting the respect you deserve even after winning the Ulster championship ?.
I think there is still people out their not giving us the respect we deserve calling the system we play puke football and not giving us much of a change in the 1/4s

joemamas

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 24, 2011, 05:51:29 PM
Mayo will probably end up getting Cork. Cue nobody travelling to that game so there could be a triple-header! I don't know, but I'd agree with what muppet says. It would be a measure of how far we have come if we are drawn against Kildare.

The nightmare draw for the GAA would be

Mayo V Cork
Kerry V Limerick

It would be a triple header with Tyrone V Roscommon next Saturday.

You would still only get 20k, as Cork and Kerry would not travel.

The GAA would need to put an an boxing exhibition between the RTE commentator's in the middle of Croke park between every game.

orangeman

Quote from: donegal lad on July 24, 2011, 06:31:48 PM
Quote from: orangeman on July 24, 2011, 06:27:57 PM

I think there is still people out their not giving us the respect we deserve calling the system we play puke football and not giving us much of a change in the 1/4s

That's ridiculous considering the draw hasn't even been made yet. You're Ulster champs and deservedly so. Tyrone would want another crack at you if they beat Roscommon.

joemamas

aontroim

Quote from: joemamas on July 24, 2011, 06:38:00 PM

Mayo V Cork
Kerry V Limerick

The GAA would need to put an an boxing exhibition between the RTE commentator's in the middle of Croke park between every game.

Nightmare confirmed!

joemamas

Quote from: joemamas on July 24, 2011, 06:38:00 PM

Mayo V Cork
Kerry V Limerick

what a shite draw, gaa are probably really pissed off.

orangeman

The gaa will definitely not be happy with this at all especially if Roscommon beat Tyrone.

ross4life

I think Tyrone will get revenge v Dublin & another year no Connacht team in the Semi finals?

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Aaron Boone

Strange the way Marty went to the caption half-way through the draw. By that stage Tyrone/Roscommon were going to get Dublin regardless.