Monday August 1st
Tipperary v Meath Portlaoise 2pm
Dublin v Cork Portlaoise 4pm

Semi finals

Sunday August 21st
Roscommon or Armagh v Tipperary or Meath, Croke Park, 1.30pm

Sunday 28 August
Dublin or Cork v Cavan or Galway, Croke Park, 1.30pm

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Westside

ross4life you seem to have a good knowledge of Connacht Minor teams.. Give us the lowdown on Galway?

mountainboii

Longford is a shite venue for us. We were dung yesterday, but have played well enough at other stages of the championship to suggest there's a bit of potential there. The Dubs to lose anyway.

ross4life

Quote from: Westside on July 18, 2011, 06:56:19 PM
ross4life you seem to have a good knowledge of Connacht Minor teams.. Give us the lowdown on Galway?
Well yesterday wasn't one of their better days beaten in all key areas, we won the midfield battle hands down & nullified their talented attacking full forward line, they where also poor on free kicks.

To me they look like a team that are more suited to a dry day & from i understand it was good weather when they beat Leitrim,Sligo however for Cavan to beat them you'll need to tight at the back & strong in midfield.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Westside

Well our defence and fullback line in particular was outstanding yesterday and we won around 70% of the midfield possession.. It was a terrible day for football and our lads adapted well and they beat Tyrone in perfect conditions in the Semi so I'd say they'll have a decent shot against Galway.

In a way Armagh may have a better route to the Final now as they don't have to face Dublin/Cork and Tipp look the strongest on their side of the draw.

Agree with the above though, Dubs look miles ahead of the rest.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Westside on July 18, 2011, 06:56:19 PM

Didn't see the game so I'm only going on what I was told but our lads will probably feel that they didn't do themselves justice against Roscommon. Some very good players on the team but sounds like they never really got going in the final until it was too late. Whether it was the conditions or the big home crowd that spooked them. They had a nightmare day on frees and Roscommon deserved the win. They performed on the day.

Still think our lads could go further although the way Dublin have been destroying everyone in Leinster is farily ominous on that side of the draw.

mjg

having seen all roscommons league an championship games this year i still feel they havent played  right up to there potential.

Drummerboy

Saw Cork beat Dublin by 6 or 7 points a couple of months ago in a challenge in DCU. Dublin were almost at full strength, and Cork scored 4 goals in first half. Tipp must be some team, I thought Cork were odds on to win All Ireland after watching them that day.

CC1

It's how you play on the day that counts at this stage in the competition. Every team will fancy themselves and it will be down to who his mentally and physically tough enough to deal with the pressure.
"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."

BerfArmagh

Very tough draw for Armagh, I watched Roscommon against Galway last night, very impressed a big powerful team, Armagh will be very much up against it

spuds

Quote from: BerfArmagh on July 19, 2011, 11:22:15 AM
Very tough draw for Armagh, I watched Roscommon against Galway last night, very impressed a big powerful team, Armagh will be very much up against it
Was very impressed with them again Mayo, playing good brand of attacking football and very well drilled, they should of had Mayo beat by more at the end. No reason why a handfull of these young lads cannot go on to play senior football if they want it. Not too many small buckeens on this Ross team that you see Mayo minor teams littered with. Best of luck to them.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Royalranter

Dublin v cork should be a cracker. This Dublin minor side are a decent team and although I havent seen the Cork minors play, ive heard they're a very handy. Will these matches be on TV?  The senior quater finals are usually on that weekend too
Let em know your there

drici

http://beo.tg4.ie/main.aspx?content=626410494977

Armagh v Cavan on first - then Galway v Roscommon.

Westside

Galway's captain and Fullback Shaughnessy is highly rated.. The battle between himself and Finnegan should prove to be interesting. Finnegan won lots of ball on the edge of the square against Armagh and 3 times he found himself through on goal.. Cavan's attack is by no means limited to raining ball in on him but it will certainly be a facet of their play..

ross4life

Fixtures updated* Delighted our Minors are getting a 2nd run out in Croke park this year hopefully another one if we win.