All Ireland Minor Championship 2011 latter stages

Started by ross4life, July 18, 2011, 06:44:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anportmorforjfc

Heading down to the game on Saturday, any other Armagh ones on here heading?

mylestheslasher

Really annoyed I can't make the match this weekend. I've a bloody wedding on Saturday. Anyway, all the best to the Cavan minors. Glad to see that there is a lid being kept on the hype so hopefully we can play to our maximum and beat Galway.

CC1

"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."

mylestheslasher

Quote from: CC1 on July 29, 2011, 01:08:19 PM
No commitment Myles, no commitment!  ;)
Ah feck off, even every home game is a 200 mile round trip for me! I just wish westside would come on here and tip galway quick to ensure we triumph

Westside

Sorry lads but our luck will run out this weekend, our lads are just to cocky after beating them twice in challenge games and think it's a matter of showing up. Galway have too much to prove and the Cavan lads heads will have expanded rapidly in the past 2 weeks. Expect a dour affair, Galway hitting Cavan hard early on and Cavan not wanting to know about it. Perhaps a brief revival deep in the second half killed by a Galway goal.. Galway to hit the onion bag 3 times in total. Shaughnessy to put the shackles on big Finnegan and leave us questioning why they persisted with the high ball in all evening. Dara McVeety to be our best player scoring 1-3 of the miserable 1-7 scored by Cavan.

Galway at evens, absolutely lump on.

armaghniac

QuoteCavan lads heads will have expanded rapidly in the past 2 weeks.

hopefully Armagh were given a lesson in their limitations in the Cavan game and they be all out to recover something from this game.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Westside

Yes the defeat might have given Armagh a kick up the backside.. There's a fine line between confidence and arrogance and Armagh stepped over it, in particular your full forward, shushing the crowd... Armagh looked like a team that thought they had survived the scare once they went ahead by 4.

Galway will have a totally different midset. I would rather be facing Rosscommon.

mylestheslasher

armaghniac

QuoteI would rather be facing Rosscommon.

Roscommon will be better supported and appreciate minor achievements.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossfan

Talk about an insult ya Cyaavan hyooorh .
I hope we can continue to perform as we have done in Connacht but with Minors you never know.
Also you never really know how high the standard in your own Province till you go onto the National stage.
I'm hopeful enough we can do the biz here but it won't be easy.

Hopefully ye Cavan lads will get more protection from the Ref than our bucks got from McBrien ( of Laythrum needless to say  >:(). Galway didnt spare it , a lot of it outside the rules . If ye can handle that ye ought to do it.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ross4life

I'm very wary of this game Armagh were expected to win the Ulster final but where beaten by a better team on the day. If this game was in Pearse park Armagh would find it diffcult to lift themselves however now with it fixed for Croke park they won't need anymore motivation (remember us in 2009 v Kerry)

Worth pointing out in 2005 Down lost the Ulster Final & went on to win the All Ireland beating both Connacht teams along the way.

This will be the first time in 5 years we'll play in Croke park as Connacht Minor champions hopefully the players stand tall & go out & express themselves. If we defend & control midfield like we did v Mayo,Galway we'll have a great chance of winning this game.

Best of luck to Ross Shannon & all the players.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Westside

I agree Roscommon, like ourselves, will support their minors very well and really appreciate the strides made by them. I'd rather face them simply because the mindset that our lads would take going into the game would be a lot different to the current one.
The pressure is on our lads to play as Ulster champions who impressed in the final and expect to beat Galway. Galway on the other hand are out to redeem themselves and banish the memories and criticism of the Connacht Final, it's a lot easier to go out and prove people wrong than prove them right I think...

This game has a Galway victory written allll over it.

Curran will be man of the match by the way.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: ross4life on July 29, 2011, 05:04:52 PM
I'm very wary of this game Armagh were expected to win the Ulster final but where beaten by a better team on the day. If this game was in Pearse park Armagh would find it diffcult to lift themselves however now with it fixed for Croke park they won't need anymore motivation (remember us in 2009 v Kerry)

Worth pointing out in 2005 Down lost the Ulster Final & went on to win the All Ireland beating both Connacht teams along the way.

This will be the first time in 5 years we'll play in Croke park as Connacht Minor champions hopefully the players stand tall & go out & express themselves. If we defend & control midfield like we did v Mayo,Galway we'll have a great chance of winning this game.

It's also worth pointing out that the down team in 2005 were made play a semi final replay which went to extra time on the Wednesday and the final 3 days later. Gaa looking after young players and all that 

ross4life

Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 29, 2011, 05:09:44 PM
Quote from: ross4life on July 29, 2011, 05:04:52 PM

It's also worth pointing out that the down team in 2005 were made play a semi final replay which went to extra time on the Wednesday and the final 3 days later. Gaa looking after young players and all that

Didn't that happen with Tyrone in the U21 this year aswell?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Westside

No they had a week before the Ulster Final after the second replay against Down but as a result Cavan played Wexford on Saturday in the AISF after winning the Ulster Final 3 days beforehand.