Tablets

Started by lurganblue, July 16, 2011, 08:51:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Got my daughter the Kindle Fire HD and i have to say I'm impressed with it. Yes Amazon try to get you to buy everything off them but I've filled it with free apps and music and the daughter is happy, great picture quality and sound of it too.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Armaghgeddon

Bought a samsung note 10.1 and can I honestly do think it is better than iPad.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Orior on December 26, 2012, 11:51:38 PM
I've been trying to play videos (.MOV) on a Fujitsu Stylistic M532 Tablet which runs Android 4.0 (ice cream sandwich apparently).

It tells me that I need to install flash, but i can't find flashplayer for Android.

Any ideas?
Flash isnt supported on Android anymore. Adobe have quit working on mobile apps.

http://m.blogs.computerworld.com/application-security/21377/updating-flash-player-android-now-requires-hack?mm_ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.co.uk%2Fsearch%3Fhl%3Den-GB%26redir_esc%3D%26client%3Dms-android-samsung%26source%3Dandroid-launcher-widget%26v%3D141338691%26qsubts%3D1356599824332%26q%3Dflash%2Bandroid

lawnseed

the kids got kurios for santa. mrs lawnseed is heading back to santa this morning with one of them it keeps switching itself off. are they junk? theyre getting some poor reviews. is santa (argus) obilged to take it back and replace it. i dont think two or three weeks waiting for a repair would pacify a tearful 8 year old
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Tony Baloney

Quote from: lawnseed on December 27, 2012, 09:25:16 AM
the kids got kurios for santa. mrs lawnseed is heading back to santa this morning with one of them it keeps switching itself off. are they junk? theyre getting some poor reviews. is santa (argus) obilged to take it back and replace it. i dont think two or three weeks waiting for a repair would pacify a tearful 8 year old
Have seen those things advertised a lot on the kids tv channels so would say a lot have been shifted. Santa can be a right useless cnut sometimes.

tyroneman

Am I right in thinking IPad will only let you transfer on and watch mp4 movies whereas the Nexus 10 will cope with avi, mkv etc?

lawnseed

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 27, 2012, 09:26:58 AM
Quote from: lawnseed on December 27, 2012, 09:25:16 AM
Have seen those things advertised a lot on the kids tv channels so would say a lot have been shifted. Santa can be a right useless cnut sometimes.

straight swop broken one for new one and happy 8 yr old thankfully. thankyou santa (argus)

Main Street

Quote from: tyroneman on December 27, 2012, 11:14:14 AM
Am I right in thinking IPad will only let you transfer on and watch mp4 movies whereas the Nexus 10 will cope with avi, mkv etc?
You just need to have a video player application on the iPad that can play those video formats, e.g. AVPlayerHD.
You can purchase it from Apple Store for a few cents or download it from a friendly source.

lawnseed

kurios are junk the two we got both had to go back. we eventually exchanged them for something similar in the same price bracket but a little more robust. avoid hassel avoid kurios!

ziggy90

Wife is very happy with her Nexus7.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

amallon

Got the Nexus 7 myself.  Very happy with it.  Flipboard is a useful app and looks great on the nexus
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

ziggy90

We wouldn't be the most computer literate family around am. I see that clipboard app is recommended by google, what does it do?

trasna man

Quote from: illdecide on December 27, 2012, 12:20:05 AM
Got my daughter the Kindle Fire HD and i have to say I'm impressed with it. Yes Amazon try to get you to buy everything off them but I've filled it with free apps and music and the daughter is happy, great picture quality and sound of it too.
anybody know about this flash thing wife wanted 4od and itvplayer both need flash will it come on line like the bbc iplayer or is it a laptop job

ziggy90

Quote from: amallon on December 29, 2012, 12:33:18 PM
Got the Nexus 7 myself.  Very happy with it.  Flipboard is a useful app and looks great on the nexus

I didn't realise that you couldn't take photos with the Nexus (apparently the camera is just for web use), is there an app available that will enable it to take snapshots? I still don't know what flipboard is. ???

Norf Tyrone

I have a galaxy tab. Do I need to download anything to allow me to watch media on it?

For example sites that stream sport e.g. firstrowsports.Eu doesn't work.

Do I need a plug in of some sort?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone