Tablets

Started by lurganblue, July 16, 2011, 08:51:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 04, 2013, 12:30:44 AM
I have a galaxy tab. Do I need to download anything to allow me to watch media on it?

For example sites that stream sport e.g. firstrowsports.Eu doesn't work.

Do I need a plug in of some sort?

Likely due to no native Flash support on Android. There are some work-arounds, though:

http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-57554629-285/install-adobe-flash-player-on-jelly-bean-devices/

Stall the Bailer

Quote from: ziggy90 on January 03, 2013, 08:34:15 PM
Quote from: amallon on December 29, 2012, 12:33:18 PM
Got the Nexus 7 myself.  Very happy with it.  Flipboard is a useful app and looks great on the nexus

I didn't realise that you couldn't take photos with the Nexus (apparently the camera is just for web use), is there an app available that will enable it to take snapshots? I still don't know what flipboard is. ???

Got the nexus 7 myself, nice bit of kit. There are plenty of camera apps in the play store, the camera is ok, but with the app you can make more use of it. 

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Syferus on January 04, 2013, 12:57:14 AM
I have a galaxy tab. Do I need to download anything to allow me to watch media on it?

Likely due to no native Flash support on Android. There are some work-arounds, though:

http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-57554629-285/install-adobe-flash-player-on-jelly-bean-devices/

Good man. I'll give that a lash and see how it goes.

Thanks
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

trueblue1234

Quote from: trueblue1234 on November 12, 2012, 02:24:18 PM
Was looking for a Cheap tablet for her in doors to use for browsing the web. Was orginally looking at the Samsung Tablet, but came across this on Ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/C93-ZT-280-1GB-DDR3-8GB-Wi-Fi-10-2in-Android-4-1-capacitive-Samsung-Chipset-/290810428549?pt=UK_iPad_Tablets_eReaders&hash=item43b5a6fc85

Not really that into my Tech so was wondering if anyone could advise if this is any use? Seems cheap compared to other 10' models. Dont need it to do anything too fancy, just browsing and maybe viewing TV programs and movies.

Went ahead and bought this for the other half. And have to say so far so good. Does everything we've tried to get it to do and seems very responsive. I would like to compare to against the galaxy which was twice the price, to see if there is any difference. Course we'll have to see if it continues. But definitely build quality seems to be good, especially for something that cost £159.00
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 04, 2013, 11:45:37 AM
Quote from: Syferus on January 04, 2013, 12:57:14 AM

Good man. I'll give that a lash and see how it goes.

Thanks

Good man. That worked a treat! Thanks!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

FL/MAYO

I have owned the Nexus 7 since they were released over here in July. The speaker blew on it two weeks ago, I called Google and they sent me a brand new unit within a week. 

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: trasna man on January 03, 2013, 04:45:18 PM
Quote from: illdecide on December 27, 2012, 12:20:05 AM
Got my daughter the Kindle Fire HD and i have to say I'm impressed with it. Yes Amazon try to get you to buy everything off them but I've filled it with free apps and music and the daughter is happy, great picture quality and sound of it too.
anybody know about this flash thing wife wanted 4od and itvplayer both need flash will it come on line like the bbc iplayer or is it a laptop job
Seems they need flash player but the device doesn't support it I got one when they first came out and have had a love hate relationship with it . There are some apps like Scrabble and indeed Adobe Flash which can be obtained in the US but not here . I also got majorly pissed off a few weeks ago when they uploaded a new feature which put predictive text on permanently . It was a siege to remove it.  Got the wife an IPad 4 for Christmas but she's hardly used it as she prefers the laptop.  That will probably change when the football season starts as she's Club PRO and should find the IPad more convenient for compiling and sending match reports
Careful now

trasna man

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on January 04, 2013, 06:52:10 PM
Quote from: trasna man on January 03, 2013, 04:45:18 PM
Quote from: illdecide on December 27, 2012, 12:20:05 AM
Got my daughter the Kindle Fire HD and i have to say I'm impressed with it. Yes Amazon try to get you to buy everything off them but I've filled it with free apps and music and the daughter is happy, great picture quality and sound of it too.
anybody know about this flash thing wife wanted 4od and itvplayer both need flash will it come on line like the bbc iplayer or is it a laptop job
Seems they need flash player but the device doesn't support it I got one when they first came out and have had a love hate relationship with it . There are some apps like Scrabble and indeed Adobe Flash which can be obtained in the US but not here . I also got majorly pissed off a few weeks ago when they uploaded a new feature which put predictive text on permanently . It was a siege to remove it.  Got the wife an IPad 4 for Christmas but she's hardly used it as she prefers the laptop.  That will probably change when the football season starts as she's Club PRO and should find the IPad more convenient for compiling and sending match reports
Thanks Dougal laptop it is i don't see the problem but waiting for a laptop to boot takes too long for her its a good job I'm a big easy going fcuker or i would put her out the window if i was brave enough 8)

Dougal Maguire

I've just lost patience with the Kindle Fire HD and told Amazon what I think of it . Getting my money back . Will probably go for the Nexus 7
Careful now

Orior

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on January 14, 2013, 09:44:17 PM
I've just lost patience with the Kindle Fire HD and told Amazon what I think of it . Getting my money back . Will probably go for the Nexus 7

LOL
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Toby Lerone

Hi, got the Nexus 7 at christmas.  It froze last night, i held the button for around 45 secs and it came back on again i put on charge and went back an hour later and it was as dead as Hector.  I tried holding the power button and volume button to reboot but nothing, i also connected to my laptop, it came back with software driver
installation unsuccessful.  Anyone any idea what has happened here?  Bringing it back to the shop today so don't want to be fobbed off.

BenDover

I've noticed a few others have a Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0) do you experience any issues with it dropping the wifi signal? Mine was dead on but lately has been dropping the connection and I'd be no more than 5m away from the router at the time

Syferus

Quote from: BenDover on February 18, 2013, 01:43:41 PM
I've noticed a few others have a Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0) do you experience any issues with it dropping the wifi signal? Mine was dead on but lately has been dropping the connection and I'd be no more than 5m away from the router at the time

Mine's the same. Thinking about rooting the OS because my vanilla Android Nexus 4 is solid as a rock on the same router. I think it's the way the Samsung-tailored Android OS deals with weak connections.

BenDover

Quote from: Syferus on February 18, 2013, 10:55:03 PM
Quote from: BenDover on February 18, 2013, 01:43:41 PM

Mine's the same. Thinking about rooting the OS because my vanilla Android Nexus 4 is solid as a rock on the same router. I think it's the way the Samsung-tailored Android OS deals with weak connections.

Bringing it back to the Carphone Warehouse here today. There's 2 Samsung phones on the house as well and they have no problem picking up the wifi and keeping the connection.

ziggy90

Quote from: Stall the Bailer on January 04, 2013, 09:57:34 AM
Quote from: ziggy90 on January 03, 2013, 08:34:15 PM
Quote from: amallon on December 29, 2012, 12:33:18 PM
Got the Nexus 7 myself.  Very happy with it.  Flipboard is a useful app and looks great on the nexus

I didn't realise that you couldn't take photos with the Nexus (apparently the camera is just for web use), is there an app available that will enable it to take snapshots? I still don't know what flipboard is. ???

Got the nexus 7 myself, nice bit of kit. There are plenty of camera apps in the play store, the camera is ok, but with the app you can make more use of it.

What is ?are the best camera apps for the Nexus 7? I would just be using it for snapshots and family videos.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered