Tyrone v Armagh

Started by ONeill, July 10, 2011, 07:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

under the bar

it will take jamie clarke to score 4 goals to even hang onto tyrones coat tails.  ;)

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 16, 2011, 08:43:02 PM
I'm going to get in early with a prediction, Tyrone by 3-5pts i guess this game will be TV.

I'm not so sure, would Down v Cork not be the preference? I'm pretty interested in the decision as I'm weighing up whether to delay my holiday until after the match. If it was on TV that might tip the balance in favour of just heading away as planned.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

trileacman

Last days line-ups:

P McConnell

C Gormley,               Joe McMahon,                    D Carlin

R McMenamin,            Justin McMahon,                P Jordan

A Cassidy,         S Cavanagh

C Cavanagh                   B McGuigan,                P Harte

M Penrose                    M Donnelly                 K Coney.

Which will probably become:
                              P McConnell

C Gormley,              Joe McMahon,                 R McMenamin,

d carlin,         Justin McMahon,                P Jordan.

A Cassidy,         Colm Cavanagh

Sean Cavanagh                   B McGuigan,                P Harte

M Penrose                    M Donnelly                 K Coney/SON     

I personally would like to see Coney wear 14 and Sparky in the corner.

Armagh likely:

1. Paul Hearty
2. Andy Mallon         3. Brendan Donaghy             4. Duffy  ???
5. Aaron Kernan          6. Kevin Dyas             7. Finnian Moriarity
              8. James Lavery            9. Charlie Vernon
10 Johnny Hanratty          11 Tony kernan          12. Malachy Mackin
13. Micheal O'Rourke         14. Steven McDonnell      15. Jamie Clarke

The tactics: Block shall take the dangerman Clarke. Sad to think that in 8 years of success we can't find a top class man-marking corner back but anyhow. Mackin usually moves in as a FF so Joe or possibly Justy will take him. Ricey shall follow Stevey out the pitch a la 2009. The remaining McMahon picks up TK and Carlin follow MOR. That leaves Jordan on Hanratty but I imagine Tyrone's 3 midfielders will mark Armagh's 3. Vernon and Sean will probably be kept parted. I would imagine P Harte will go to CHF where he played so well the last day. For that reason brian mc guigan could be dropped in favour of someone experienced in the wing forward role.

edit: could someone guess the armagh defence?
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

anportmorforjfc

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on July 17, 2011, 12:12:23 AM
Quote from: Blowitupref on July 16, 2011, 08:43:02 PM
I'm going to get in early with a prediction, Tyrone by 3-5pts i guess this game will be TV.

I'm not so sure, would Down v Cork not be the preference? I'm pretty interested in the decision as I'm weighing up whether to delay my holiday until after the match. If it was on TV that might tip the balance in favour of just heading away as planned.

Maybe they will play Down/Cork on the Sat night and Armagh/Tyrone on the Sun or the other way about so they are both televised? Or is there only one qualifier televised per week?

anportmorforjfc

Any word on whether Mc Keever, Toner or Swift will be back?

armaghniac

This game is week late because of the Armagh/Wicklow draw, so it may not have its place in the TV schedule.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

MR99

Should be a good one, Tyrone to come out of it but just about.

Given recent goings on, Vernon v Cavanagh could be a good one ;)

armaghniac

Mrs Cavanagh should give him a rank feed.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

mackers

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on July 17, 2011, 12:29:27 AM
Any word on whether Mc Keever, Toner or Swift will be back?
The most likely would be Swift, he was togged out last night and had his football gloves at the ready so he must be close. I'd throw him in for Lavery myself. Looked like Ciaran was still limping last night and I'd be surprised if he plays. Don't so sure about Toner.
Quote from: trileacman on July 17, 2011, 12:13:36 AM
The tactics: Block shall take the dangerman Clarke. Sad to think that in 8 years of success we can't find a top class man-marking corner back but anyhow.
As an Armagh man I really hope that Gormley marks Clarke. There's joy to be had there.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Club Rossa

If Tyrone can keep Jamie Clarke quiet they will win handily,problem is i'm not sure if we have a defender capable of doing that ???

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: armaghniac on July 17, 2011, 12:39:42 AM
This game is week late because of the Armagh/Wicklow draw, so it may not have its place in the TV schedule.

the AI Hurling 1/4 finals are on on Sunday at 2.00 + 4.00 on TV. A qualifier match will be shown on Sat evening, could be Tyrone Armagh but either Down/Cork or Kildare v todays losers will be in the reckoning too.

July 23rd Football Qualifier 7-00pm TV3

July 24th Limerick v Dublin 2-00pm (H) TV3   Galway v Waterford 4-00pm (H)
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

tyroneman

There is not a chance Block will mark Clarke.

It will be either PJ, McCaul, Swift or Carlin depending on who shows in training.

It will be more about stopping the ball coming in to him as there is not a lot you can do with him once he's in possession.

Funny how for years we worried about McDonnell, now it's all about JC. If Ronan Clarke got back in action that would prob be the best FF line in Ireland.

Big test for Tyrone, if both teams played to 100% , I blieve we have a good chance of winning. It;ls what Tyrone turns out though - the 17/18 wide Tyrone or the composed, take the percentage score Tyrone.

One of the biggest issues is the lack of a right footed free taker. Hopefull in the next few years R O'Neill will solve that problem.

north down

A win in this game will give the winners a big boost for the challenges that lie ahead this year. Could go either way but if Tyrone can convert more than 50% of their scoring chances I expect them to progress. Tyrone with all the talk of the aging players this year have very much been under the radar (and I'm sure Mickey Harte won't be too concerned about that). A win even by the lowest of margins could give Tyrone the kickstart they need and barring a series of injuries, who knows they could still be in there with a shout come late August.

loughshore lad

Quote from: tyroneman on July 17, 2011, 12:14:55 PM
There is not a chance Block will mark Clarke.

It will be either PJ, McCaul, Swift or Carlin depending on who shows in training.

It will be more about stopping the ball coming in to him as there is not a lot you can do with him once he's in possession.

Funny how for years we worried about McDonnell, now it's all about JC. If Ronan Clarke got back in action that would prob be the best FF line in Ireland.

Big test for Tyrone, if both teams played to 100% , I blieve we have a good chance of winning. It;ls what Tyrone turns out though - the 17/18 wide Tyrone or the composed, take the percentage score Tyrone.

One of the biggest issues is the lack of a right footed free taker. Hopefull in the next few years R O'Neill will solve that problem.

PJ Quinn has not made the squad of 26 for a game yet so he seems to be well down the pecking order.

Ronan O'Neill doesn't take the free kicks for Omagh as far as I remember never mind kicking them for Tyrone if he was to be on the squad.

clarshack

i'm more worried about this game now than when the draw was first made due to 2 factors:

(1) in a derby game form goes out the window and anything can happen

(2) armagh are due to beat us/knockout us out of the championship