Tyrone v Armagh

Started by ONeill, July 10, 2011, 07:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Quote from: clarshack on July 17, 2011, 03:23:24 PM
i'm more worried about this game now than when the draw was first made due to 2 factors:

(1) in a derby game form goes out the window and anything can happen

(2) armagh are due to beat us/knockout us out of the championship

The form one is more suited to a low scoring game like soccer and the second point is not relevant at all.

tyroneman

QuoteRonan O'Neill doesn't take the free kicks for Omagh as far as I remember never mind kicking them for Tyrone if he was to be on the squad.

Took the frees for the Minors and U21s though. Omagh must have some free taker if o'Neill doesn't hit them

QuotePJ Quinn has not made the squad of 26 for a game yet so he seems to be well down the pecking order.

Horses for courses. If MH thinks he's the man for the job he'll be in. He has been very unlucky this past few years. Good player. 

Onion Bag

Quote from: under the bar on July 17, 2011, 03:56:48 PM
If armagh come to play football they will lose.  Unfortunately armagh dont usually play football against superior teams so expect a dirgefest.

What do they play then utb?
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

The Worker

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on July 17, 2011, 12:12:23 AM
Quote from: Blowitupref on July 16, 2011, 08:43:02 PM
I'm going to get in early with a prediction, Tyrone by 3-5pts i guess this game will be TV.

I'm not so sure, would Down v Cork not be the preference? I'm pretty interested in the decision as I'm weighing up whether to delay my holiday until after the match. If it was on TV that might tip the balance in favour of just heading away as planned.

go on your holiday mate.

clarshack

Quote from: The Worker on July 17, 2011, 05:57:08 PM
Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on July 17, 2011, 12:12:23 AM
Quote from: Blowitupref on July 16, 2011, 08:43:02 PM
I'm going to get in early with a prediction, Tyrone by 3-5pts i guess this game will be TV.

I'm not so sure, would Down v Cork not be the preference? I'm pretty interested in the decision as I'm weighing up whether to delay my holiday until after the match. If it was on TV that might tip the balance in favour of just heading away as planned.

go on your holiday mate.

yeah, it was advertised earlier on tv3 that they would be showing down v cork next sat nite. doesnt look like tyrone v armagh will be on tv.

Onion Bag

f**k that, I have a stag next weekend, what about BBC?
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

clarshack

Quote from: Onion Bag on July 17, 2011, 06:09:57 PM
f**k that, I have a stag next weekend, what about BBC?

dont think they're allowed to show qualifiers.

ardchieftain

Does anyone know if they have toilets in omagh ? Or do you just bring your own bucket

Fuzzman

I must say I'm a bit worried about this game.
Having already lifted their game to defeat Down last month I fear Armagh are well capable of doing the same again to Tyrone.

Westmeath nearly beat us at home in 2008 and so I am not exactly as cocky as some on here.  ::)

I hope we don't have any more injury scares as we need both McMahons, Gormley, Jordan & Ricey all on top form.
If Cassidy & Harte can perform like they did last night out then we should be ok but I for one wont be underestimating the Armagh challenge.

saffron sam2

Quote from: ardchieftain on July 17, 2011, 06:29:14 PM
Does anyone know if they have toilets in omagh ? Or do you just bring your own bucket

You clearly have never been to an Armagh game in your life.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

clarshack

Quote from: EC Unique on July 17, 2011, 03:36:53 PM
Quote from: clarshack on July 17, 2011, 03:23:24 PM
i'm more worried about this game now than when the draw was first made due to 2 factors:

(1) in a derby game form goes out the window and anything can happen

(2) armagh are due to beat us/knockout us out of the championship

The form one is more suited to a low scoring game like soccer and the second point is not relevant at all.

derry were due to beat us in 2006 and did.

dublin were due to beat us in 2010 and did.

both derry and dublin teams were inferior to tyrone, so yes it is relevant.

if this game was in dungannon i would be a lot happier as omagh is no advantage to tyrone. the players dont like playing in omagh as long as i've been following tyrone - but i guess the suits wouldnt want to take a hit in gate money. >:(

Nally Stand

Quote from: ardchieftain on July 17, 2011, 06:29:14 PM
Does anyone know if they have toilets in omagh ? Or do you just bring piss in your own empty bottle of bucket fast?

Fixed
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

tyroneman

Derry and Dublin met us when we were Genuine AI contenders and in the top 3 teams.

Armagh meet us in a different place. I can't see Tyrone taking anything for granted.

Club Rossa

Ardchieftain don't worry about bringing a bucket,you can use your blue plastic bag instead.

clarshack

Quote from: tyroneman on July 17, 2011, 07:38:44 PM
Derry and Dublin met us when we were Genuine AI contenders and in the top 3 teams.

Armagh meet us in a different place. I can't see Tyrone taking anything for granted.

armagh favourites then considering they have a game under their belt and won since tyrone last played?