Flags & Culture.....

Started by front of the mountain, July 01, 2011, 10:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 04, 2013, 11:33:55 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on December 04, 2013, 11:03:09 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on December 04, 2013, 10:47:14 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on December 04, 2013, 06:09:13 PM
I see big George Michael is going to make a few bob from royalties this Christmas. There's a song released about the fleg protests called 'Last December' to the tune of Wham's Last Christmas. Feck me, you really couldn't make this shit up. Long may they continue making tools out of themselves.

It's LAD that's doing it, not the fleg protesters. Money's going to charity.

And LAD aren't connected to the fleg protest? What's the charity?... Keeping those in Camp Twaddle in soup and sandwiches during the winter?
The charity is SOS Bus NI. LAD rip the shit out of the fleggers at every available opportunity.

A new low by these "protesters"

http://loyalistsagainstdemocracy.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/loyalism-says-no-to-charity.html?m=1
Testing Accessibility

omagh_gael

Fair play ziggy for highlighting this, I was coming on to do the same. Pack of dirtbags. Seems to have backfired though as a lot of donations flooding in at the min.

Feckitt

Willie Frazer and his white supremacist chums are calling Nelson Mandela a nigger over on the protestant coalition site  :-[

Feckitt

It actually gets worse. I wonder what Frazer apologists like Danny Kennedy, Jeffrey Donaldson and The Newsletter will have to say about Frazer and his party referring to Mandela as a f**king murdering monkey.  :-[

GAA_Talk

Quote from: Feckitt on December 07, 2013, 12:37:47 AM
It actually gets worse. I wonder what Frazer apologists like Danny Kennedy, Jeffrey Donaldson and The Newsletter will have to say about Frazer and his party referring to Mandela as a f**king murdering monkey.  :-[

aye did you notice The Newsletter yesterday. It was literally the only newspaper on the stand that didn't run Mandella as their cover story. EVery other paper had it on their front page in some form. Found it very strange.

muppet

Quote from: GAA_Talk on December 07, 2013, 11:20:34 AM

aye did you notice The Newsletter yesterday. It was literally the only newspaper on the stand that didn't run Mandella as their cover story. EVery other paper had it on their front page in some form. Found it very strange.

Robert Mugabe's Zimbabwe had it as the 2nd story, probably due to Mandela's criticism of Mugabe.

The Newsletter was in good company.
MWWSI 2017

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: GAA_Talk on December 07, 2013, 11:20:34 AM

You seem surprised

seafoid

The flegs are a symbol of protestant insecurity more than anything else. The Israelis are big into flags too. It is not easy to create a settler culture. And it's very hard when the made up cultural symbols go past their sell by date. Queen and Somme and who is bothered ?Be a loyal plastic robot for a world that doesn't care.
I came across a poem about the plantation of ulster by Feardorcha O Meallain. Would he be any relation to Seamus or Aidan Mallon?

haveaharp

Quote from: seafoid on December 07, 2013, 01:06:46 PM
I came across a poem about the plantation of ulster by Feardorcha O Meallain. Would he be any relation to Seamus or Aidan Mallon?

Can you post it up?

The Worker

Quote from: ziggysego on December 06, 2013, 07:47:18 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 04, 2013, 11:33:55 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on December 04, 2013, 11:03:09 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on December 04, 2013, 10:47:14 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on December 04, 2013, 06:09:13 PM
I see big George Michael is going to make a few bob from royalties this Christmas. There's a song released about the fleg protests called 'Last December' to the tune of Wham's Last Christmas. Feck me, you really couldn't make this shit up. Long may they continue making tools out of themselves.

It's LAD that's doing it, not the fleg protesters. Money's going to charity.

And LAD aren't connected to the fleg protest? What's the charity?... Keeping those in Camp Twaddle in soup and sandwiches during the winter?
The charity is SOS Bus NI. LAD rip the shit out of the fleggers at every available opportunity.

A new low by these "protesters"

http://loyalistsagainstdemocracy.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/loyalism-says-no-to-charity.html?m=1

There is no place in a modern society for these Neanderthals.

seafoid

Quote from: haveaharp on December 07, 2013, 01:13:34 PM
Quote from: seafoid on December 07, 2013, 01:06:46 PM

Can you post it up?
Will do but it doesn't seem to be online so it'll need a bit of time.

seafoid

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 08, 2013, 09:57:26 AM
http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/printthread.php?thread=854353&boardid=2

Seafoid, towards the bottom of this page...
Cheers Tony. I think it conveys the mood of that awful time very well. He would be proud to see how the people did in the meantime I think.

Hereiam

Wouldn't it be great if every woman man & child who goes to a St Patrick's day parade in the wee 6 bring along their own wee tri-colour to wave. Sure if one side can display their culture why can't the other.

Denn Forever

Quote from: Hereiam on March 14, 2014, 02:59:44 PM
Wouldn't it be great if every woman man & child who goes to a St Patrick's day parade in the wee 6 bring along their own wee tri-colour to wave. Sure if one side can display their culture why can't the other.

Why ape  the loyalists?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...