Munster Final 2011

Started by Kerry Mike, June 27, 2011, 12:55:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Quote from: Hardy on July 03, 2011, 03:04:53 PM
Somebody finally told that eejit. "Star" has become Kieran Donaghy.

Morrissey has to be the worst most annoying clot bar none that RTE ever produced.
>:( >:( >:(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Ard-Rí

QuoteMorrissey has to be the worst most annoying clot bar none that RTE ever produced.
>:( >:( >:(

Aye, and that's saying something.

I felt Cork left themselves far too much to do in the second half.

Kerry's performance in the second half reflected poorly on them. Fitness might not be up to scratch.
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

Kerry Mike

Turf home , hay saved and Cork bate. Gotta love the summer. There is life in the Kerry dog yet.killarney rocking all day .
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

SuperDooperCooper

Great first half; well done Maher the best of the midfielders.
Walsh should just not kick the ball. Great athlete but poor kicking again.
Hopefully when Tomas & Galvin are back we will pick up more breaking ball which we were cleaned out on in the second half.
Gooch poor from open play and frees and Kerry win - happy days!!!
Darren O'Sullivan gets better with every outing.
Though Enright did well for his first big day out.
Donaghy should have got the line but O'Leary bouncing up when the yellow card was given was as bad as O'Mahoney in the 08 semi final.
Felt sorry for Canty in the first half; Counihan should have moved him sooner.
His lack of training was cruely exposed.
I would be surprised if they don't meet again this summer.

Qwerty28

Kerry played excellent stuff for the first half, above average for the first 10 or so of the second and then wilted while Cork only played like All Ireland winners for 25 minutes so overall Kerry deserved their win.

Some bad decision making by Cork when just a point down but thats how the game goes. A lot of time wasting by Kerry as well, trying to kill any momentum Cork were trying to build and maybe could have been another minute or 2 added on at the end.

screenexile

I though that was Sheehans best performance in a Kerry jersey! Anyone know why he was taken off?? Quirks wasn't going to track O'Connor any better!

Jinxy

Very good performance from Coldrick.
Got all the big decisions right and let the game flow.
Anyone calling for Donaghy to be sent off because of the incident with O'Leary should give up watching football and take up knitting.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

orchard 8195

Quote from: Jinxy on July 03, 2011, 09:26:52 PM
Very good performance from Coldrick.
Got all the big decisions right and let the game flow.
Anyone calling for Donaghy to be sent off because of the incident with O'Leary should give up watching football and take up knitting.

Spot on Jinxy. As last couple of weeks there has been some terrible performances from refs but Coldrick i thought had a very good game today. Have to say the way Kerry played in the 1st half reminded me why i love Gaelic Football so much. Dar o sull's goal is one of the most outstanding goals i have ever seen. Cork showed why they are all ireland champs in 2nd half with Kerrigan especially fantastic. Really hope these 2 meet in AIF barring a miracle change around of performances from the Orchard. ;-)

CorkMan

Cork showed today they're a much fitter team than Kerry.Kerry looked jaded in the second half.I think Kerry will run out of steam before the end of the year.Kerrigan absoloutley outstanding today.Best game I ever saw him play.Cork and Kery will meet again this summer, I guarantee it.

Blowitupref

Kerry don't play another competitive game for over a month so they will be more rusty than jaded.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Jinxy

Quote from: CorkMan on July 03, 2011, 10:07:45 PM
Cork showed today they're a much fitter team than Kerry.Kerry looked jaded in the second half.I think Kerry will run out of steam before the end of the year.Kerrigan absoloutley outstanding today.Best game I ever saw him play.Cork and Kery will meet again this summer, I guarantee it.

And Kerry will have Galvin and Tomás O'Sé back.

Jinxy

Because Kevin 'It's in the rulebook' McStay says so.

AZOffaly

Some first half from Kerry, a joy to watch really. Hats off to Sheehan and Maher, they really stood up when I couldn't see it before the game. Also thanks to Declan O'Sullivan for living up to my pre-match billing of him.

Seriously though, Kerry were class in the first half because they sowed into Cork in the middle third, and that gave them enough ball for their class forwards. Cork looked anemic in the first 35. I couldn't believe Quirke kicking the ball out short, wide etc. That was strange.

As for Sheehan's taking off, well he is not, despite today's tour de force, a mobile midfielder. I'd say he burned up two games' worth of energy in that 40 or 50 minutes.

I'd imagine Cork won't be too upset, as it really gives them something to work on, but it is another psychological blow Kerry have landed. Even if it finished with a 1 point win, Cork would be saying 'if it went on another 2 minutes we had them', but the fact is Kerry finished with the last 2 points.

Any of ye lads at the game, were the Kerry full back line brilliant at tracking runs etc? I couldn't believe how slow and ponderous Cork were at getting the ball in, and all I can think of was that either the Cork forwards weren't showing, or the Kerry backs had them under close attention all the time.

Orangemac

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 03, 2011, 10:17:55 PM
Kerry don't play another competitive game for over a month so they will be more rusty than jaded.
This went against Kerry last year and other teams in the past (inc Armagh n 2006). Cork on the other hand could get a reasonable draw and face the Connaught champions in the QF.

Does anyone know what the QF line up in terms of provinces is?

On a more worrying note for Cork this is 3 defeats and 1 draw in last 4 championship games v Kerry. Cork have the beating of Kerry, they just never seem to have it when it matters.

Jinxy

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 03, 2011, 11:13:43 PM
Some first half from Kerry, a joy to watch really. Hats off to Sheehan and Maher, they really stood up when I couldn't see it before the game. Also thanks to Declan O'Sullivan for living up to my pre-match billing of him.

Seriously though, Kerry were class in the first half because they sowed into Cork in the middle third, and that gave them enough ball for their class forwards. Cork looked anemic in the first 35. I couldn't believe Quirke kicking the ball out short, wide etc. That was strange.

As for Sheehan's taking off, well he is not, despite today's tour de force, a mobile midfielder. I'd say he burned up two games' worth of energy in that 40 or 50 minutes.

I'd imagine Cork won't be too upset, as it really gives them something to work on, but it is another psychological blow Kerry have landed. Even if it finished with a 1 point win, Cork would be saying 'if it went on another 2 minutes we had them', but the fact is Kerry finished with the last 2 points.

Any of ye lads at the game, were the Kerry full back line brilliant at tracking runs etc? I couldn't believe how slow and ponderous Cork were at getting the ball in, and all I can think of was that either the Cork forwards weren't showing, or the Kerry backs had them under close attention all the time.

Donnacha Walsh seemed to be playing very deep at times.
Kerry certainly had a lot of bodies back.