Munster Final 2011

Started by Kerry Mike, June 27, 2011, 12:55:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

If there is not at least 5 mins exta time I'll scream...
#newbridgeornowhere

haze

Should be at least 6 minutes injury time

Capt Pat

Kerry win by 3. Cork would have won if that goal went in.

screenexile

Credit where it's due Coldrick reffed that reasonably well! Donaghy should probably have been sent off but the linesman gave him bad information.

ross4life

Quote from: Blowitupref on June 27, 2011, 02:17:53 AM
I fancy Kerry to win this by 2-3 pts
Reading back this man was spot on. Cork gave themselves to much to do with that first half performance. Cork should have no problem getting through the back door we might get to see another Cork v Kerry All Ireland final.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

comethekingdom

What a relief! Poor second half by us but neverthless experience showed. Fairplay to Brosnan with that point towards the end. when Cork started to run at Kerry we were in trouble.

boojangles

Quote from: Capt Pat on July 03, 2011, 03:42:11 PM

Some play acting by the Kerry boys the whole 2nd half. I counted 4 times in a row where they went down injured from a free. I wonder what Spillane will say?? He talked about 'puke' football previously. At least Tyrone were trying to play football. All Kerry were doing was stopping the game and not playing football. Very cute obviously and it probably won them the game but I'm not listening to RTE talking about a great spectacle and football at its best when it clearly wasn't.

Coldrick is a poor excuse for a IC referee. How many times did he throw the ball up? 10?? Very bad sign of a ref.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: screenexile on July 03, 2011, 03:46:28 PM
Credit where it's due Coldrick reffed that reasonably well! Donaghy should probably have been sent off but the linesman gave him bad information.

Was it really that bad though, an awful Hollywood from O'Leary I thought.
#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

Kerry really felt the lack of squad dept in that 2nd half. Would fancy Cork and Dublin later in the year as they seem to have stronger squads.
#newbridgeornowhere

Donnellys Hollow

Kerry will have Tomás Ó Sé and Galvin back for August. Hard to imagine Cooper being as quiet again either.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Maguire01

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 03, 2011, 03:53:06 PM

It wasn't as bad as O'Leary made out, but isn't a kick a kick, just like a strike is a strike, regardless of force, in terms of a red card?

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Maguire01 on July 03, 2011, 04:07:55 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 03, 2011, 03:53:06 PM

It wasn't as bad as O'Leary made out, but isn't a kick a kick, just like a strike is a strike, regardless of force, in terms of a red card?

We're crying for out common sense and I thought common sense prevailed in this instance.
#newbridgeornowhere

CorkMan

Gooch's handbags in injury time killed Corks momentum.Cork were the better team in the second half and I still feel we'll win the All Ireland.Just hope now we don't get Kildare in the qualifiers.

Blowitupref

Quote from: CorkMan on July 03, 2011, 06:18:08 PM
Gooch's handbags in injury time killed Corks momentum.Cork were the better team in the second half and I still feel we'll win the All Ireland.Just hope now we don't get Kildare in the qualifiers.

Yes Cork could repeat last year by coming through the qualifiers to win the All Ireland. They have a nice rest now compared to the Ulster or Connacht loser.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

ExiledGael

Quote from: boojangles on July 03, 2011, 03:52:19 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on July 03, 2011, 03:42:11 PM

Coldrick is a poor excuse for a IC referee. How many times did he throw the ball up? 10?? Very bad sign of a ref.

How is that a sign of a bad ref?
I thought he contributed to a very good game today, particularly with his handling of the first ten minutes, letting a few good hits go and not giving in to Donncha O'Connor looking for a soft free/penalty. Thank God someone finally gave more than 2 minutes of injury time as well, though most of it was wasted.
We can't keep laying into referees every week.