Ian Mc Crea on Twitter.

Started by orangeman, June 27, 2011, 12:41:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Quote from: Forever Green on June 27, 2011, 07:11:19 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on June 27, 2011, 10:15:03 AM
Seen it on Twitter last night. Not much saying anything about it, sure we all know what he's like.

Quote from: Forever Green on June 27, 2011, 12:48:46 AM
He looks like a disabled gorilla. f**king w**kstain

I take offense to this statement.

Sorry about that ziggy. Absolutely no offence intended, was just a bit angry

Ah don't worry about it, the Monday morning grumps.
Testing Accessibility

Forever Green

Quote from: ziggysego on June 27, 2011, 07:23:18 PM
Quote from: Forever Green on June 27, 2011, 07:11:19 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on June 27, 2011, 10:15:03 AM
Seen it on Twitter last night. Not much saying anything about it, sure we all know what he's like.

Quote from: Forever Green on June 27, 2011, 12:48:46 AM
He looks like a disabled gorilla. f**king w**kstain

I take offense to this statement.

Sorry about that ziggy. Absolutely no offence intended, was just a bit angry

Ah don't worry about it, the Monday morning grumps.

You should have just banned me ziggy ;D

randomtask

screenmachine

The Jim Allister account can't be real; at the same time, you could have said the same about McCrea's account... :(
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

Maguire01

Onion Bag

I don't do twitter, what has Jim said?
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

orangeman

I see this story has made the Belfast Telegraph and all the news stories.

Ian is becoming almost famous.   :o :o

tonto1888

he,s an idiot from a family of idiots

spiritof91and94

remember as well his colleague jim wells forced ulster bank to apologise for wearing down tops in castlewellan 2 days before 2010 AI Final - he felt intimidated!
two weeks later he was quoted in the local media informing nationalists to remove Down Flags in South Down.
then there was 'wellsgate' - when he contravened all council policies by texting his colleague poots from the chamber to overturn a planning approval involving bryansford gac.

He was never once challenged by SF over this!

Nally Stand

Quote from: spiritof91and94 on June 28, 2011, 10:59:52 AM
remember as well his colleague jim wells forced ulster bank to apologise for wearing down tops in castlewellan 2 days before 2010 AI Final - he felt intimidated!
two weeks later he was quoted in the local media informing nationalists to remove Down Flags in South Down.
then there was 'wellsgate' - when he contravened all council policies by texting his colleague poots from the chamber to overturn a planning approval involving bryansford gac.

"Bryansford needs to make this move in order to expand and meet the needs of the growing numbers of people who play Gaelic football, hurling and camogie for the club. It is therefore quite disgraceful that the DUP, and in particular Jim Wells, did everything possible to prevent this application. This policy was based on an anti-GAA bias which has influenced Mr Wells in how he has approached this planning application."
Joint statement from Catriona Ruane & Willie Clarke (SF)

"Sinn Fein councillor Willie Clarke accused Mr. Wells of attacking the GAA for "cheap publicity."
"I too did not make anything public about this scheme because it gives bigoted people who have not moved on the opportunity to attack nationalists," he said.
"This is scaremongering about the GAA, which takes young people off the streets."
Tensions in the chamber were further aggravated when Mr. Clarke said he had not been approached by any objectors to the scheme with Mr. Wells retorting that they "would get knee-capped" if they did.
He later withdrew the comment, which he said had been intended to be "facetious."
The Down Recorder

"South Down Sinn Féin MLA Willie Clarke has written to the Environment Minister Edwin Poots, MLA, seeking clarification on remarks made recently by Cllr Jim Wells during a Council debate about the planning application for Bryansford GAA Club. Mr Clarke said, "The behaviour of Jim Wells during this debate was absolutely disgraceful, and his party leader Peter Robinson has also received a letter from my colleague Mickey Coogan, who is demanding a public apology from Mr Wells for remarks made about the GAA and me personally. A letter has also been sent to the Chairperson of Council, Cllr William Dick, asking him in his role as DUP group leader on the Council to discipline Cllr Wells for his behaviour."
Sinn Féin Press Release
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

LeoMc

Quote from: screenmachine on June 27, 2011, 04:41:38 PM
He'd be better served if he concentrated on keeping his oul boy out of Thailand rather than worrying about celebrations in Mid-Ulster...Out of interest, does anyone know where this clown hangs out?  I'm sure if Derry win on the 17th of July it wouldn't be too hard to scrape up a crowd and start the celebrations in style with Ian and his family.  Last I heard he was living in and around Magherafelt, Jurassic Park I think it was... ;)

Hope you are joking nad not seriously suggesting a rent-a-mob to "rub it in". That would be an OO type action.

armaghniac

QuoteHe was never once challenged by SF over this!

SF is wise not to make these controversies into a them and us issue , as that's what the tools like McCrea want.

These kind of troglodyte comments get enough criticism anyway.   
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

spiritof91and94

Quote from: Nally Stand on June 28, 2011, 11:50:35 AM
Quote from: spiritof91and94 on June 28, 2011, 10:59:52 AM

"Bryansford needs to make this move in order to expand and meet the needs of the growing numbers of people who play Gaelic football, hurling and camogie for the club. It is therefore quite disgraceful that the DUP, and in particular Jim Wells, did everything possible to prevent this application. This policy was based on an anti-GAA bias which has influenced Mr Wells in how he has approached this planning application."
Joint statement from Catriona Ruane & Willie Clarke (SF)

"Sinn Fein councillor Willie Clarke accused Mr. Wells of attacking the GAA for "cheap publicity."
"I too did not make anything public about this scheme because it gives bigoted people who have not moved on the opportunity to attack nationalists," he said.
"This is scaremongering about the GAA, which takes young people off the streets."
Tensions in the chamber were further aggravated when Mr. Clarke said he had not been approached by any objectors to the scheme with Mr. Wells retorting that they "would get knee-capped" if they did.
He later withdrew the comment, which he said had been intended to be "facetious."
The Down Recorder

"South Down Sinn Féin MLA Willie Clarke has written to the Environment Minister Edwin Poots, MLA, seeking clarification on remarks made recently by Cllr Jim Wells during a Council debate about the planning application for Bryansford GAA Club. Mr Clarke said, "The behaviour of Jim Wells during this debate was absolutely disgraceful, and his party leader Peter Robinson has also received a letter from my colleague Mickey Coogan, who is demanding a public apology from Mr Wells for remarks made about the GAA and me personally. A letter has also been sent to the Chairperson of Council, Cllr William Dick, asking him in his role as DUP group leader on the Council to discipline Cllr Wells for his behaviour."
Sinn Féin Press Release

whatever came of the DUP apologies - i certainly never seen or heard any.

ULSTER BANK has been forced to apologise to the Orange Order after members were offended by the attire of its staff – who were wearing Down GAA jerseys in the days up to the All-Ireland Football Final.

The Order's grand secretary Drew Nelson wrote to the bank – who are one of the title sponsors of the GAA's Football All-Ireland Senior Championships – to complain about the jerseys being worn by staff at the Castlewellan branch in the county.

"As a responsible stakeholder in society," Nelson write, "the Loyal Orange Institution is keen to encourage local businesses and personalities to become more involved with the local community and its activities.

"With this in mind, and given the recent display of encouragement for the County Down Gaelic team, representatives from the institution would be keen to meet with you to discuss how the bank can also engage with and support local Orange lodges in the Castlewellan area in terms of community development and sponsorship or support for mini-Twelfth or Twelfth of July related festivals in the near future."

The branch manager wrote back to acknowledge the discomfort caused to Orange Order members as a result, and offering to meet with him to discuss sponsorship for other events.

"I am obviously aware of the discomfort caused to your members as a result of our support for the Down gaelic football team. I can assure you that we had no intention other than to celebrate their success in the All-Ireland championship," the response read.

"You will appreciate that Down's first final appearance for 16 years generated a lot of interest, especially since a colleague based in our Newry branch [forward Danny Hughes] plays for the team.

"If we failed to control our enthusiasm in participating with other businesses in Castlewellan's "red and black" celebrations, then I sincerely apologise. I hope you will accept that our actions were in no way intended to be provocative, and that any offence we have caused is entirely unconventional."

ExcellentDriver

The McCreas are a bunch of vindictive friggers who simply latched onto the DUP's Evangelical bandwagon. It's typical of the 'Superprod' mindset that exists in Unionists from predominately Nationalist Areas.

Personally, I have no objection to Protestants being in the Orange Order or supporting Armed Forces Day. They are just as entitled to their Culture as we are entitled to ours. I once attended a Car Boot Sale in Coagh run by the Bigwigs from Coagh United (their wives knew me from events in Moneymore) and I was glad to see Stuart Dallas play for NI against Wales last Month as he would've played for Cookstown Youth FC with quite a few Loughshore Lads.

btw, My Father was an innocent Bystander in a 'Collusion Killing' in 1989. I blame William McCrea for giving his blessing to that killing, however I wouldn't tar all Unionists with the same brush.
Stand up for the Ulstermen!

Hardy

The GAA's director of communications must not continue to stand by and allow the continual suggestion of equivalence between the GAA (a community development organisatioin) and the Orange Order (a viciously sectarian organisation by constitution) to go unchallenged.