Armagh v Wicklow

Started by bennydorano, June 26, 2011, 08:32:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fingerbob

We are in no position to criticise armagh for drawing with wicklow considering the 2009 qualifiers and our record against armagh.

An Fear Ciuin

Quote from: Orior on July 09, 2011, 09:07:06 PM
Fecking shite.
You're quick to post a negative comment just at the final whistle and probably sitting behind your computer and didn't even see the match. I'm sure that's the kind of attitude your county needs AET when your players have knocked their pans in!

knockitdown

Quote from: fingerbob on July 09, 2011, 09:29:48 PM
We are in no position to criticise armagh for drawing with wicklow considering the 2009 qualifiers and our record against armagh.

So your sayin it's a good result for them today?

maddog

Quote from: WeePeteIsALegend on July 09, 2011, 09:24:13 PM
Quote from: anportmorforjfc on July 09, 2011, 09:18:12 PM
Quote from: WeePeteIsALegend on July 09, 2011, 09:12:32 PM
Quote from: anportmorforjfc on July 09, 2011, 09:09:23 PM
Quote from: knockitdown on July 09, 2011, 09:08:19 PM
Armagh r dirt

Aye and Down are some team
Armagh r dirt

LOL

Typical. Down have absolutely zero to do with any of this and you have to bring them into it because Armagh are playing cack?

Unlucky Hahahaha

You tell me then why somone has to come on here and says Armagh are dirt (which they were today) when they did beat Down only 6 weeks ago?

That is why i brought up Down!!

A team who has consistently out-performed Armagh this year

Except where it counted.  :D

fingerbob

Quote from: knockitdown on July 09, 2011, 09:31:27 PM

It's not but I don't understand how a down supporter would want to comment in a smug manner on armagh drawing with wicklow, when the same opposition beat us only 2 years ago on top of the fact that we haven't beat armagh in championship football in a long time. There's nothing wrong with fair criticism as it wasn't a good result for armagh but the comments above were just cheap digs.

Blowitupref

Correct some fans have short memories? Wicklow knocked Down out two years ago & another div 4 team Clare should have knocked Down out.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Smokin Joe

Strange strange game.

Wicklow could have been 12 up at half time, however Armagh showed a great spirit to come back and only 2 dodgy looking goals kept them in it (about 15 steps for the first goal and the ball was wrestled out of Donaghy's hands for the second).

Good spirit to come back twice after the two dodgy goals, which is imporant.

Johhny Hanratty made some difference at midfield when he came on.

PAULD123

Fingerbob is correct we are in no position to have a go at Armagh. they are still in teh qulifiers and still have relatively just as much chance as us of progressing. Wicklow had their day, they failed to take their opportunity. After that horrendus display against Clare we have no room to slag anyone. Against clare we did just enough and so did Armagh today. They never gave in and at the end of the day did not lose.

Lets save our slagging until Wicklow actually put them out or else hold our tongues.

knockitdown

Quote from: PAULD123 on July 09, 2011, 09:44:27 PM

It my opinion Paul and as far as I'm aware that's wat this board is about... Expressing your opinion

Fingerbob is correct we are in no position to have a go at Armagh. they are still in teh qulifiers and still have relatively just as much chance as us of progressing. Wicklow had their day, they failed to take their opportunity. After that horrendus display against Clare we have no room to slag anyone. Against clare we did just enough and so did Armagh today. They never gave in and at the end of the day did not lose.

Lets save our slagging until Wicklow actually put them out or else hold our tongues.

heffo

Why do Armagh & Down hate each other so?

It's not as if you've had grudge matches in recent times or both been strong at the same time to generate real rivalry??

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: WeePeteIsALegend on July 09, 2011, 09:24:13 PM
Quote from: anportmorforjfc on July 09, 2011, 09:18:12 PM
Quote from: WeePeteIsALegend on July 09, 2011, 09:12:32 PM
Armagh r dirt

Armagh r dirt

LOL

Typical. Down have absolutely zero to do with any of this and you have to bring them into it because Armagh are playing cack?

Unlucky Hahahaha

You tell me then why somone has to come on here and says Armagh are dirt (which they were today) when they did beat Down only 6 weeks ago?

That is why i brought up Down!!

Em, you're yapping because someone gave an opinion? On a discussion forum? And an opinion you agree with? Thats why you brought up Down? A team who has consistently out-performed Armagh this year (one result in Armagh not withstanding) and last? And of course throughout history lets not forget?

Right. Im going to leave you now with the tears streaming down your face because Armagh can't beat the mighty Wicklow (notoriously bad away from home) in Armagh.

Did a better job than Down 2 years ago.

Tubberman

Jaysis, ye're very spiteful altogether....
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

anportmorforjfc

Other way to look at it, we would have without doubt taken the draw when it was 9-2 to Wicklow with 32 minutes gone.

BerfArmagh

Jesus I am knackered, armaghs first half performance was the worst I have ever seen, 2 points in 30 mins. The team were totally flat. The ball going into Jamie was appalling. Dyas & gallon were woeful, kernan & hanratty made a great improvement. Mal mackin was my motm.... not looking forward to aughrim... wtf is murtagh getting on all about????!!!!

BerfArmagh

Also wicklow were a credit..... micko should be proud of them. Ref was brutal tonight. Jamie when he got decent service scored some great points