Armagh v Wicklow

Started by bennydorano, June 26, 2011, 08:32:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Doubt Wicklow will be filling their pants at the thought of coming to Armagh.  Cant say I know much about Wicklow bar having a large and useful MF and Leighton Glynn.  A game we'd be expected to win, but if we take it lightly we could come a cropper very easily.

Armamike

With Armagh's up and down form I'd not be taking Wicklow lightly. They had a good result yesterday, potentially tricky opponents. Armagh's confidence after the Derry beating is bound to be very brittle. Need to get focused again on this one.
That's just, like your opinion man.

borderfox

Im positive about this draw because we are at home and have avoided playing another Ulster team. Hopefully this game can get the wagon rolling again.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Groucho

We will be fine as long as the ref doesn't wink at anyone from Wicklow ;)
I like to see the fairways more narrow, then everyone would have to play from the rough, not just me

Orior

Orchard versus the Garden. Should be a stroll in the park for the Orangemen.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

balladmaker

Could Armagh end the management career of the legendary Micko ...

anportmorforjfc

Quote from: balladmaker on June 26, 2011, 11:12:26 PM

Or could Wicklow end the Armagh career of Paddy O'Rourke!

Milltown Row2

Armagh should win by at least 10/12 points, anything less would be a bad result
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tonto1888

hoping for a win and a good show to get us back on track

Orior

Wicklow are not that bad. I'd say we'll sneak over the line.

Remember Armagh never play well as favourites.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

PAULD123

Wicklow are not a good team. But you saw what Clare did to us. Basically if Micko has them fired up and they work really hard then it will be far from easy for Armagh. There are two big differences between the likes of Armagh and Wicklow:

1. Armagh carry some absolute star players - Stevie and Jamie are good enough for any team
2. Armagh know not to panic

Teams like Wicklow could start conceding points and throw in the towel, then the game ends up with a big score difference. but if Armagh don't get 7-8 points ahead early and hold it for 15-20 minutes then Wicklow will gain confidence and really start to believe in themselves. Clare looked buried against us until they got a ridiculous goal which gave them the impetus to give the game a real go. We were 5 points to nothing up but only held that for 2-3 minutes. If we had closed Clare out for a good 20 minutes I think their heads would have dropped.

Overall Armagh will not give up and even if Wicklow make a game of it Armagh will end up the victors. the difference in score means nothing. The only thing that matters is that you end up at with least one point more, and I believe that Armagh will certainly achieve that goal.

heganboy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 26, 2011, 11:30:23 PM
Armagh should win by at least 10/12 points, anything less would be a bad result

I'll have some of what you're having!

Armagh not winning would be a bad result, that is all...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Armaghtothebone

Sad days when we're seriously worried by Wicklow, but we are and rightly so.

Oraisteach

After the last outing, I'd be afraid of even a team like London.  Ooops . . . well, Scunthorpe then.

lawnseed

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on June 26, 2011, 11:28:12 PM
Quote from: balladmaker on June 26, 2011, 11:12:26 PM

Or could Wicklow end the Armagh career of Paddy O'Rourke!
this post is the most relevant to this game micko will retire a legend no matter what the result. paddy will end up back at club level no matter what the result.. probably where he is most comfortable. armagh should win but its not a donedeal
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once