our boys

Started by lawnseed, June 26, 2011, 12:02:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: hairierarea on July 01, 2011, 11:37:54 AM
QuoteUnless you're a pikey f**k in Dublin with nothing better to do than pretend to be a Republican when you can barely spell the word, never mind understand it.

Racist and snobbish. The spirit of Connolly is alive and well...

Racist? How? Snobbish? How? Your hole the spirit of Connolly is alive and well. It certainly doesn't live on among the likes of the Love Ulster Parade rioters or lads setting bins on fire when lizzie windsor was here.

hairierarea

QuoteRacist? How? Snobbish? How?

Seriously? I'd love to know this definition of pikey you're using.

The Connolly comment was a sarcastic dig at your claiming of superior understanding of republicanism given your apparently daily mail Tory view of the world.

gallsman

Quote from: hairierarea on July 01, 2011, 03:11:16 PM
QuoteRacist? How? Snobbish? How?

Seriously? I'd love to know this definition of pikey you're using.

The Connolly comment was a sarcastic dig at your claiming of superior understanding of republicanism given your apparently daily mail Tory view of the world.

Yes, very serious. "Pikey"is a term in common usage today to describe the type of person who engaged in the aforementioned riots. I still fail to see either snobbery or racism.

Yes, I object to a shower of scumbags destroying the streets of Dublin therefore I'm a tory. What splendid application of the human capacity for logical reasoning. Have a gold star.

hairierarea

Well, I always understood pikey to be an Irish equivalent of chav, meaning both travellers and the working classes, but there we are, it seems to specifically mean people who burn bins in Dublin when an English queen visits. That's that sorted.

But what's this? The 'type' of person who burns Dublin bins? What else marks out this 'type'? They can't spell or understand political concepts very well, apparently. That would mean bryan ferry's son or that pink Floyd guitarist's son who behaved similarly on political protests wouldn't be pikeys or chav as they are well-educated. Well that's clear.

What's your position on having literacy tests to keep this 'type' away from the ballot box? It kept ol' Dixie well run for many a decade.

muppet

Quote from: Cáthasaigh on July 01, 2011, 01:42:06 PM
Quote from: muppet on July 01, 2011, 01:31:04 PM

If you are going to rule the world you have to stop playing the victim.

The current 'regime' allow freedom of expression so you are entitled to your opinions. What worries most though is that there would be no such freedoms after the people you support came to power.

You are the one who has been attempting to deny the right to expression of different views through demonisation. You just can't help yourself and you're at it again here blethering about 'the people' I 'support'. Who are these people who fuel your most fearful assumptions?

We'll try again.

Current status quo: You have your opinion and I have mine. We can both express it.

Your future leaders: ........................?
MWWSI 2017

lawnseed

Quote from: Cáthasaigh on July 01, 2011, 10:37:19 AM
Quote from: LeoMc on June 30, 2011, 12:30:02 PM

You fear people like me because you are an establishment drone. Change in Ireland will only ever come when sufficient numbers of the Irish people stand up and demand better than the shower of criminals, traitors and incompetents who have misled the people for generations. I oppose the 26C army as they are the military wing of said criminals, traitors and incompetents and if the people do rise up it will used as a repressionary force against them.

Any suggestions on how to go about this or are you just an anti-establishment drone?

The way to go about it, imo, is through mass protest and action by sufficient numbers of the people. There will come a time when conditions get so bad that the conditioning of the people will not be enough to keep them cowed. Then you will see mass protest and general strikes, not unlike what is going on in Greece. The people need to stand up and demand much better than the criminal corruption and incompetence which has served for government to date. When that time comes it'll be interesting to see where the 26C army stands.
[/quote]
the irish people are sheep, whatever rte says they do it, and rte are easy to manipulate all you have to do is tell them that the licence fee will remain and they'll back you
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

muppet

Quote from: lawnseed on July 01, 2011, 06:19:45 PM

You fear people like me because you are an establishment drone. Change in Ireland will only ever come when sufficient numbers of the Irish people stand up and demand better than the shower of criminals, traitors and incompetents who have misled the people for generations. I oppose the 26C army as they are the military wing of said criminals, traitors and incompetents and if the people do rise up it will used as a repressionary force against them.

Any suggestions on how to go about this or are you just an anti-establishment drone?

The way to go about it, imo, is through mass protest and action by sufficient numbers of the people. There will come a time when conditions get so bad that the conditioning of the people will not be enough to keep them cowed. Then you will see mass protest and general strikes, not unlike what is going on in Greece. The people need to stand up and demand much better than the criminal corruption and incompetence which has served for government to date. When that time comes it'll be interesting to see where the 26C army stands.
the irish people are sheep, whatever rte says they do it, and rte are easy to manipulate all you have to do is tell them that the licence fee will remain and they'll back you
[/quote]

So you want to replace RTE with yourself?
MWWSI 2017

lawnseed

Quote from: muppet on July 01, 2011, 06:23:26 PM

[/quote]
i'm irish i'll do what ever you say baaa..

muppet

Quote from: lawnseed on July 01, 2011, 06:37:20 PM

You are all Prince and no Willie.
MWWSI 2017

lawnseed

Quote from: muppet on July 01, 2011, 06:41:23 PM
Quote from: lawnseed on July 01, 2011, 06:37:20 PM

You are all Prince and no Willie.
[/quote]
lets have a referendum baaa..