our boys

Started by lawnseed, June 26, 2011, 12:02:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on June 30, 2011, 06:16:10 PM
Nally Stand and Cathasaigh "mini-me"  ... ...4.56382563837 times more Irish than the average Gaaboarder !

I disagree with Nally Stand a lot of the time but I can understand where he is coming from.

I think instead of personally attacking Cáthasaigh we should afford him the opportunity to outline his vision for us. Who would be in power? Would we have a say? What rights we would have? Min/Max wage? Etc.
MWWSI 2017

lawnseed

Quote from: muppet on June 30, 2011, 11:36:07 PM
Nally Stand and Cathasaigh "mini-me"  ... ...4.56382563837 times more Irish than the average Gaaboarder !

I disagree with Nally Stand a lot of the time but I can understand where he is coming from.

I think instead of personally attacking Cáthasaigh we should afford him the opportunity to outline his vision for us. Who would be in power? Would we have a say? What rights we would have? Min/Max wage? Etc.
who'd be in power.. jim corr
would we have a say.. only if the alluminati gave the green light
what rights.. what rights do we have now?
wages.. money would be a thing of the past people would work for the betterment of humankind ;)
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

muppet

Quote from: lawnseed on July 01, 2011, 12:12:19 AM
Quote from: muppet on June 30, 2011, 11:36:07 PM

who'd be in power.. jim corr
would we have a say.. only if the alluminati gave the green light
what rights.. what rights do we have now?
wages.. money would be a thing of the past people would work for the betterment of humankind ;)

who'd be in power.. jim corr - As long as he brought the sisters
would we have a say.. only if the alluminati gave the green light That'd be a no then
what rights.. what rights do we have now? yerra you'd miss them when they are gone
wages.. money would be a thing of the past people would work for the betterment of humankind ;) money is a think of the past already
MWWSI 2017

Cáthasaigh

Quote from: LeoMc on June 30, 2011, 12:30:02 PM

You fear people like me because you are an establishment drone. Change in Ireland will only ever come when sufficient numbers of the Irish people stand up and demand better than the shower of criminals, traitors and incompetents who have misled the people for generations. I oppose the 26C army as they are the military wing of said criminals, traitors and incompetents and if the people do rise up it will used as a repressionary force against them.

Any suggestions on how to go about this or are you just an anti-establishment drone?
[/quote]

The way to go about it, imo, is through mass protest and action by sufficient numbers of the people. There will come a time when conditions get so bad that the conditioning of the people will not be enough to keep them cowed. Then you will see mass protest and general strikes, not unlike what is going on in Greece. The people need to stand up and demand much better than the criminal corruption and incompetence which has served for government to date. When that time comes it'll be interesting to see where the 26C army stands.
Demand a 32 County referendum for unity!

muppet

Quote from: Cáthasaigh on July 01, 2011, 10:37:19 AM

You fear people like me because you are an establishment drone. Change in Ireland will only ever come when sufficient numbers of the Irish people stand up and demand better than the shower of criminals, traitors and incompetents who have misled the people for generations. I oppose the 26C army as they are the military wing of said criminals, traitors and incompetents and if the people do rise up it will used as a repressionary force against them.

Any suggestions on how to go about this or are you just an anti-establishment drone?

The way to go about it, imo, is through mass protest and action by sufficient numbers of the people. There will come a time when conditions get so bad that the conditioning of the people will not be enough to keep them cowed. Then you will see mass protest and general strikes, not unlike what is going on in Greece. The people need to stand up and demand much better than the criminal corruption and incompetence which has served for government to date. When that time comes it'll be interesting to see where the 26C army stands.
[/quote]

That's not change. That is a protest.

What comes after that and then after that and so on?
MWWSI 2017

gallsman

Quote from: Cáthasaigh on July 01, 2011, 10:37:19 AM

You fear people like me because you are an establishment drone. Change in Ireland will only ever come when sufficient numbers of the Irish I people stand up and demand better than the shower of criminals, traitors and incompetents who have misled the people for generations. I oppose the 26C army as they are the military wing of said criminals, traitors and incompetents and if the people do rise up it will used as a repressionary force against them.

[/quote]

You'll never see the likes of what's going on in Greece on Irish streets. Unless you're a pikey f**k in Dublin with nothing better to do than pretend to be a Republican when you can barely spell the word, never mind understand it.

Cáthasaigh

Quote from: muppet on July 01, 2011, 11:04:29 AM

I was asked how I would envisage the push for change and I answered; mass protest. What would come after that would be what the Irish people have never had; sovereignty, self determination and government for the people rather than a corrupt, croneyist establishment. None of this is ontopic however, unless you wish to consider the likely activities of the 26C army in the face of a mass mobilisation of the Irish people.

Cáthasaigh

Quote from: gallsman on July 01, 2011, 11:15:22 AM
Unless you're a pikey f**k in Dublin

Are you Guy Ritchie? If not could you please explain the terminology and its use in this context.

hairierarea

QuoteUnless you're a pikey f**k in Dublin with nothing better to do than pretend to be a Republican when you can barely spell the word, never mind understand it.

Racist and snobbish. The spirit of Connolly is alive and well...

muppet

Quote from: Cáthasaigh on July 01, 2011, 11:35:10 AM
Quote from: muppet on July 01, 2011, 11:04:29 AM

I was asked how I would envisage the push for change and I answered; mass protest. What would come after that would be what the Irish people have never had; sovereignty, self determination and government for the people rather than a corrupt, croneyist establishment. None of this is ontopic however, unless you wish to consider the likely activities of the 26C army in the face of a mass mobilisation of the Irish people.

We know the easy answers, everyone has heard them. Most political movements offer all of the above whether they are left or right. One of the problems is that if you refuse to respect the will of the people now, why would you abide by it after gaining power? Historically revolutionaries/radicals don't make good governments. Bolsheviks, Castro, Cromwell, Hussein, Pol Pot, Mussolini, Tito, even your beloved 26C .
MWWSI 2017

Cáthasaigh

Quote from: muppet on July 01, 2011, 12:31:21 PM

We know the easy answers, everyone has heard them. Most political movements offer all of the above whether they are left or right. One of the problems is that if you refuse to respect the will of the people now, why would you abide by it after gaining power? Historically revolutionaries/radicals don't make good governments. Bolsheviks, Castro, Cromwell, Hussein, Pol Pot, Mussolini, Tito, even your beloved 26C .

Again with the senstationalist demonisation. Your 'will of the people' line suggests that it's not ok to be different, to think for yourself and seek to influence others and is but a jackboot's distance from Fascism/totalitarianism. In the 1980s there was a divorce referendum which was defeated. Should divorce advocates have given up out of 'respect [for] the will of the people' or were they correct in exercising their right to a different opinion, articulating their opinion and changing the minds of those who had opposed them in the past?

muppet

Quote from: Cáthasaigh on July 01, 2011, 12:49:49 PM
Quote from: muppet on July 01, 2011, 12:31:21 PM

Again with the senstationalist demonisation. Your 'will of the people' line suggests that it's not ok to be different, to think for yourself and seek to influence others and is but a jackboot's distance from Fascism/totalitarianism. In the 1980s there was a divorce referendum which was defeated. Should divorce advocates have given up out of 'respect [for] the will of the people' or were they correct in exercising their right to a different opinion, articulating their opinion and changing the minds of those who had opposed them in the past?

Looks who is sensationalising now.

Yes there was a divorce referendum. There is nothing stopping another divorce referendum.

Are you proposing a referendum or a revolution?
MWWSI 2017

Cáthasaigh

Quote from: muppet on July 01, 2011, 12:54:09 PM

Yes there was a divorce referendum. There is nothing stopping another divorce referendum.

Do you recognise that people have the right to different opinions, which don't suit the establishment narrative and that they also have the right to attempt to campaign on behalf of their opinions?

muppet

Quote from: Cáthasaigh on July 01, 2011, 01:04:11 PM
Quote from: muppet on July 01, 2011, 12:54:09 PM

Do you recognise that people have the right to different opinions, which don't suit the establishment narrative and that they also have the right to attempt to campaign on behalf of their opinions?

If you are going to rule the world you have to stop playing the victim.

The current 'regime' allow freedom of expression so you are entitled to your opinions. What worries most though is that there would be no such freedoms after the people you support came to power.
MWWSI 2017

Cáthasaigh

Quote from: muppet on July 01, 2011, 01:31:04 PM

If you are going to rule the world you have to stop playing the victim.

The current 'regime' allow freedom of expression so you are entitled to your opinions. What worries most though is that there would be no such freedoms after the people you support came to power.

You are the one who has been attempting to deny the right to expression of different views through demonisation. You just can't help yourself and you're at it again here blethering about 'the people' I 'support'. Who are these people who fuel your most fearful assumptions?