Roscommon v Mayo Connacht final 2011

Started by ross4life, June 24, 2011, 07:23:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moysider

Quote from: Lar Naparka on July 11, 2011, 11:16:04 PM
Quote from: cuconnacht on July 11, 2011, 04:01:19 PM
Lar na,id like to put the spectre of joms era not behind me(i tried that and their he turned up at ruislip as part of the train,jesus wept)but launch him and it to the dark recesses of outer space.i agree with ya on joycee,(can somebody knock him over da head ,give him amnesia,wake him up and tell him it was all a mistake and that he was actualy born n bred in foxford and give him a jersey} had meehan and armstong been fit they would have destroyed that mayo team,theres no backbone in that team,sligo last year and jesus what can only be called the miracle of london,andy will run his heart out for the county always has and always will but hes no chief,i dont agrree with horans appointment either but he,ll grow in confidence if the team can solidify,not wantin to divide the county buts its the northmayomen who handle the dog day afternoons,moysider,lar na do this for your county,cut a path through the windygap cross the deel river, knock,call him out and put a crown on his head and tell him hes just been annointed the first king of the hy fiachrach muaidh in a thousand years go back into the recesses of the county find o mahoney and most of that county board youll find them around tourmakeaddy and partry and such well famed powerhouses of football sucess, drag to shannonn let them use the bridge or not (up ta yee}go back crossmolina and hand the king his jersey apologise,tell em theres irish /foreigners knocking on our borders and say mac d go get em.seriously though i meet men of the 33 counties daily and they just laugh at the situ,they think my heather countyas  full of headers,would argentina av inflicted this on maradonna and thus themselves,would joyce be left outta any team in ireland at the behest of  a failed blueshirt who used the county job {anassisine job he did} for more bull in da dail as a springboard ,it was a tyrone man windin me up about dis yesterday till i reminded him of steve o neil pot kettle etc but at least he could retort the mistake was rectified,ask any defender in da country do they fear oconnor moran,doherty,tell them mc is back and hes togging out just now theres da  difference between a grin and a whimper.sorry about this rant but i seen my goalie take a 45 at ruislip,and men unable to put a ball dead or alive over the bar from 20yard in mchale park.sermon over sorry
A Íosa Críost na bhFlaitheas but that was some blasht! ;D
I'd only need to take one look at ya, even with me eyes shut, to see that you're a genuine Mayo football supporter.
I can tell you straight off that I don't disagree with a single word you wrote.

(Come to think of it, I can't agree with a single one either since I haven't a clue what you're on about.)
I kinda got stuck in the Windy Gap and I'll need someone with an oul' Massey Ferguson to get me back on track again.)
Anyway, I agree with your style of delivery; keep them cocky sheepophiles on their hind legs all the way. Bet they haven't a clue of what we're on about. They'll not pull the wool over our eyes!
Leave the hoors guessing. ;)

I understood every word and I know you did too. If you think that s bad Lar imagine what shite the correctors of the JC and LC are facing into right now as they try to decipher the texting Xbox generation hyriglifics. Cuconnacht is Milton in comparison to the average illiterate nowadays. And I m not talking about the grey horse that would have leapt over the stand in Dr Hyde Park.
Not that I m suggesting that you re illiterate Cuconnacht - you re just struggling with a new technology, as I still am myself. I reckon your heart is in the right place. Not sure I agree with you about the lack of backbone in the team. It may develop into a team with lots of backbone. We ll see. But the team v Galway was not the team that played London and they certainly cannot be held to account for what happened 07/08/09/10 and before. Horan and his team can only win their own battles. They can not undo the mistakes of the past. Those stains are there to stay - like the blood of martyrs that refuses to be scrubbed away.

Woah! :o

Welcome aboard Sir.

moysider

Quote from: Rossfan on July 11, 2011, 08:50:45 PM
Mayowestros lads dominating this thread I see  :D
Ye are obviously very confident so. ;)

The which? We re dominating the thread because there are more of us I would speculate?. I dunno how you make the leap to your conclusion ?

Question. Why do you need the opposition favourites and their fans very confident? What is happening there?

I couldn t care less if we re favourites or not and win or lose on Sunday we ll move on and I ll wish any Ros fan I meet after, all the best, win or lose. I certainly wont dwell on his elation or misery, whatever the case may be. Your not a Na,Na,Na,Na,Na man are you Rossfan? I wouldn t think so. 

A Connacht final is still one of the joys of my life and I ve been there since the seventies when the grass on the terraces were cut the day before with a scythe and empty icecream tubs and shattered dreams littered the slopes after. Back then when you lost you were miserable but nobody took a delight in rubbing it in and certainly not trying to set you up for it in advance.

ross matt

Quote from: moysider on July 12, 2011, 12:46:36 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 11, 2011, 08:50:45 PM
Mayowestros lads dominating this thread I see  :D
Ye are obviously very confident so. ;)

The which? We re dominating the thread because there are more of us I would speculate?. I dunno how you make the leap to your conclusion ?

Question. Why do you need the opposition favourites and their fans very confident? What is happening there?

I couldn t care less if we re favourites or not and win or lose on Sunday we ll move on and I ll wish any Ros fan I meet after, all the best, win or lose. I certainly wont dwell on his elation or misery, whatever the case may be. Your not a Na,Na,Na,Na,Na man are you Rossfan? I wouldn t think so. 

A Connacht final is still one of the joys of my life and I ve been there since the seventies when the grass on the terraces were cut the day before with a scythe and empty icecream tubs and shattered dreams littered the slopes after. Back then when you lost you were miserable but nobody took a delight in rubbing it in and certainly not trying to set you up for it in advance.

Ah the memories Moysider. Twas good to be a Rossie back then.

Tubberman

Quote from: AbbeySider on July 11, 2011, 10:46:10 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on July 11, 2011, 09:05:19 PM
There's something oddly reassuring and calming reading the neuroses in this thread. It's like the changing of the seasons, or night following day.

Reassuring and calming? Maybe... but aren't we also ignoring the big white elephants in the room?

There is another battle taking place off the pitch between Kenny and the Rossies and tensions are mounting. I'd wager the headlines may not all be about the football aspect of Sunday

You're right there. I see in the Indo today Ming is saying "Enda Kenny will get the welcome he deserves. I wonder how he will react to 10,000 crosses being held above people's heads while the national anthem is going on"
It could be a nasty enough atmosphere. Anyway, this thread is about the football, so I'll leave it at that.

Newstalk was good last night - both the Rossies (Seamus Hayden and Cake Curran) and the Mayo gang (Brady, McHale, WJP and JOM) thought their own sides would probably come out on top. Could be a great match yet.
Anyone else here going to the Mayo & Ros supporters joint table quiz in Dublin tomorrow night - think I might head along for the craic.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Lar Naparka

Quote from: moysider on July 12, 2011, 12:23:30 AM

I understood every word and I know you did too. If you think that s bad Lar imagine what shite the correctors of the JC and LC are facing into right now as they try to decipher the texting Xbox generation hyriglifics. Cuconnacht is Milton in comparison to the average illiterate nowadays. And I m not talking about the grey horse that would have leapt over the stand in Dr Hyde Park.
Not that I m suggesting that you re illiterate Cuconnacht - you re just struggling with a new technology, as I still am myself. I reckon your heart is in the right place. Not sure I agree with you about the lack of backbone in the team. It may develop into a team with lots of backbone. We ll see. But the team v Galway was not the team that played London and they certainly cannot be held to account for what happened 07/08/09/10 and before. Horan and his team can only win their own battles. They can not undo the mistakes of the past. Those stains are there to stay - like the blood of martyrs that refuses to be scrubbed away.

Woah! :o

Welcome aboard Sir.
Of course I did understand every word of it. I could see he was being totally honest but maybe a little bit OTT.
I was just laughing at the impression it was going to make on the politically correct gents who butt in on our discussions from time to time. I admire cuconnacht's honesty and his direct approach and I do happen to agree with him most of the way.
Like you, I think this team has backbone. That's something Mayo teams in recent years didn't have. They won't show the white feather to anyone and I can live with poor freeetaking or lads being caught out of position.
Those problems can be addressed—lack of gumption can't.
Whatever happens on Sunday, I don't expect to see lads failing to show for a pass or hoofing the ball away from them as far as possible as soon as they get it. I can accept anything but that.
I hope cuconnacht will stay with us here. To hell with those with who think grammar and syntax is worth more than honest opinion—substance will come always come before style as far as I'm concerned.
I think cuconnacht has plenty of the former and the latter will come in time. There are lots of fine posters on this board who wouldn't know a full stop fro a bus stop but they can still make perfect sense to me.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

AbbeySider

(Come to think of it, I can't agree with a single one either since I haven't a clue what you're on about.)
Quote from: Lar Naparka on July 12, 2011, 08:46:38 AM
Of course I did understand every word of it.

How about I wear my politically correct grammar and syntax cap and stand in this corner, and you put on the walking contradiction lickarseeeeen cap and stand in the other? ;)

As for you Moy, I think your backing up your new found pal as you like the fact he seems to think that its the "its the northmayomen who handle the dog day afternoons"... Dont forget its players from the other cardinal directions that are currently propping up the Mayo team your both describing as having backbone!  :P

BTW I wasnt getting personal with the chap, and he admitted and corrected his mistakes and put it down to the technology so I have no problem with that.  ;D

Welcome aboard Cuconnacht !

muppet

David Brady via Newstalk and Twitter:

This game will be in the mental pot.

;D
MWWSI 2017

Tubberman

Quote from: muppet on July 12, 2011, 11:30:17 AM
David Brady via Newstalk and Twitter:

This game will be in the mental pot.

;D

:D Not too far wrong either I'd say....
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

moysider

Quote from: AbbeySider on July 12, 2011, 09:42:21 AM

How about I wear my politically correct grammar and syntax cap and stand in this corner, and you put on the walking contradiction lickarseeeeen cap and stand in the other? ;)

As for you Moy, I think your backing up your new found pal as you like the fact he seems to think that its the "its the northmayomen who handle the dog day afternoons"... Dont forget its players from the other cardinal directions that are currently propping up the Mayo team your both describing as having backbone!  :P

BTW I wasnt getting personal with the chap, and he admitted and corrected his mistakes and put it down to the technology so I have no problem with that.  ;D

Jaysus Abbey you re givin everybody a slap today. I d sooner face the missus after a late night on the batter.

My newfound friend may well be a northmayo man himself? It was an old wisdom that good Mayo teams were backboned by men from the North. Men like Courell, Ormsbys, Grier from the early days. The fifties had the Mulderrigs, Gilvarry, Wynne, Forde, Quinn and Langan off the top of my head. The North man can either be a townie or a more mountainy type. Check out what happened the journalist John Healy when Langan took exception to something he wrote.
There was also a thing about every successful Mayo team having an Erris man in the side.
The lack of men from the heartland is a bit of a concern, and the alpha clubs around the lakes seem to be going through a bit of a dip at the moment. The county team will have to do its best without us for a while. I ve no doubt that they ll be up for the challenge ;)

Lar Naparka

Geez, Abbey, of course I don't need to have a clue 'bout what the poor man was saying to know what he meant!
He's from Mayo, isn't he, and so am I!
I never needed a fact yet to let fly at anything that moves and I think I never will.
Now, I could see that cuconnacht was worked up about something and since this is a GAA board and Mayo are heading into a big game; it had to be about the state of football in the county. That gives him a pretty wide canvas to paint on so he doesn't need to be too specific with the details to get me on his side.
Elementary logic I would imagine.
Anyway, go back and check your own effin' grammar and syntax. After all, you've admitted that you are often guilty of guilty of making the same mistakes as poor cuconnacht.did.

(Anyway, ye were always a cranky shower of hoors in South Mayo.) ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Turlough O Carolan

Interesting comments from Prenty in the Mayo News. Do I detect a little threat to future Connacht finals at Hyde Park there?

From Mayo News

http://www.mayonews.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=13205:no-hyde-ing-place-for-enda&catid=23:news&Itemid=46

Connacht GAA Council Secretary John Prenty said that the council had not been informed about any protest planned for the game. "We haven't been informed about a protest. Hopefully it will take place outside the ground and not inside, because there are games to organise. We're trying to bring events into Roscommon, not take them out of it," he said.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: moysider on July 12, 2011, 12:50:38 PM

Jaysus Abbey you re givin everybody a slap today. I d sooner face the missus after a late night on the batter.

My newfound friend may well be a northmayo man himself? It was an old wisdom that good Mayo teams were backboned by men from the North. Men like Courell, Ormsbys, Grier from the early days. The fifties had the Mulderrigs, Gilvarry, Wynne, Forde, Quinn and Langan off the top of my head. The North man can either be a townie or a more mountainy type. Check out what happened the journalist John Healy when Langan took exception to something he wrote.
There was also a thing about every successful Mayo team having an Erris man in the side.
The lack of men from the heartland is a bit of a concern, and the alpha clubs around the lakes seem to be going through a bit of a dip at the moment. The county team will have to do its best without us for a while. I ve no doubt that they ll be up for the challenge ;)

Ballina and London i'd say moysider  ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Rossfan

Quote from: Turlough O Carolan on July 12, 2011, 01:50:53 PM
Interesting comments from Prenty in the Mayo News. Do I detect a little threat to future Connacht finals at Hyde Park there?

From Mayo News

http://www.mayonews.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=13205:no-hyde-ing-place-for-enda&catid=23:news&Itemid=46

Connacht GAA Council Secretary John Prenty said that the council had not been informed about any protest planned for the game. "We haven't been informed about a protest. Hopefully it will take place outside the ground and not inside, because there are games to organise. We're trying to bring events into Roscommon, not take them out of it," he said.

i'm sure the Pren Connacht Council would only love to confine Finals to Castlebar or the wind tunnel .
Personally I hope any protests or demos are outside the grounds as our 2 teams are likely to be the losers if there are invasions, marches around the pitch etc.
Mind you if our May revered Taoiseach is coat trailed into the Hyde it may be too much for a lot of Ros people.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

moysider

Interesting comments from Prenty in the Mayo News. Do I detect a little threat to future Connacht finals at Hyde Park there?From Mayo News

I wouldn t think there s a threat there. How could there be. Events have been taken out of Roscommon by HSE, not by the GAA. Why should a great event for the town be marred by a protest about something entirely unrelated?

neilthemac

Quote from: moysider on July 12, 2011, 02:08:33 PM
Interesting comments from Prenty in the Mayo News. Do I detect a little threat to future Connacht finals at Hyde Park there?From Mayo News

I wouldn t think there s a threat there. How could there be. Events have been taken out of Roscommon by HSE, not by the GAA. Why should a great event for the town be marred by a protest about something entirely unrelated?

because a lot of people care far more about their health and lives than a GAA match.