ulster semi final tyrone v donegal

Started by rrhf, June 06, 2011, 10:51:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

As expected. Joe and Block full backs I'd imagine.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tommo2

Why only 26 on the panel. I thought championship panels were 30.

Where is Dermot Carlin? Is he injured?

Carmen Stateside

What way is Tommy mc Guigan going this year?

LeoMc

When is the Donegal team named and does McGuiness do all this name a fake team 5h1t3?

Family guy

Fairly strong team out,getting more like full strenght,Hub and joe would be automatic starters only they werent fit the last day,thought maybe mulligan would be getting close to a start but he has shown faith in o neill and donnelly and hopefully they do the business

RMDrive

Donegal team out tonight. Haven't heard it yet. Normally it's the real team except for against Cavan where he didn't name McBrearty in order to keep the pressure off him.

loughshore lad

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on June 23, 2011, 09:24:15 PM
What way is Tommy mc Guigan going this year?

Was playing really well for Ardboe but got suspended a few weeks back.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 23, 2011, 03:35:22 PM
Excuse me we are the Red Hands
Ye lot are the red arses.
What do you call Carlow?
The lollipops?

We used to call Carlow the Wine Gums, or Cameroon.

ONeill

I thought Brolly's article was an interesting read today in the Gaelic Life, concentrating on the premise that Tyrone were well past their best. He categorically stated that "Dooher is done" and that "Brian McGuigan is a pale shadow".

I'd agree that we've seen the best of that Tyrone side - they were probably at their peak in August/Sept 2005 although August '08 came close. I'd also agree that as an inter-county player, Dooher's best days are well behind him and he's one more poor performance from being called ashore to rest. But Brian McGuigan has been magnificent this year since February. He'll never give the same performance as he displayed in September 2005 but he was as good as anyone on the field three weeks ago.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

gerry

Quote from: RMDrive on June 23, 2011, 10:38:03 PM
Donegal team out tonight. Haven't heard it yet. Normally it's the real team except for against Cavan where he didn't name McBrearty in order to keep the pressure off him.

unchanged team from the last outing
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

donegal lad

Quote from: gerry on June 24, 2011, 12:03:41 AM
Quote from: RMDrive on June 23, 2011, 10:38:03 PM

unchanged team from the last outing
Were you hear this from would of thought Jim might of had a few changes

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Redhand Santa

Certainly wouldn't write this Tyrone team off the way others have. Some people seem to think that if you don't win the All Ireland every year that players are done/not good enough and the manager doesn't have a clue. The reality is your never going to win the All Ireland every year. Gaelic supporters def suffer from over reactions - you only have to look at the Armagh fans for an example of this.

I'd have a few worries about the team currently. Dooher is one player who is past his best. But I certainly wouldn't be overly critical of him starting. His work rate is second to none. He gave the ball away a lot the last day but the positive thing was he was involved so much, probably more than the games last year. The game may bring him on as it was his 1st start in a year at county level - due to his age people don't give him an allowance for this. But if not performing Harte needs to be strong. I won't be writing him off just yet though! Also concerned about the form of Davy Harte who has been poor enough since 2008.

Outside of that I'm happy with the form of many of the players. McGuigan,Gormley,O'Neill and Cavanagh look as if they could well be in better form than last year. Mark Donnelly is proving to be another decent option. Really need Justy McMahon back fit to challenge the better teams which Donegal could well be.

In terms of Sunday its very hard to know whats going to happen. I think we'll know a lot more about the current state of both teams after this. Donegal will be disciplined and organised. Whether they have enough class to pull this off remains to be seen. If they got the right ball into the full forward line in space they could cause damage. But when it come's to the Ulster Championship Tyrone usually find away of preventing this. I'd slightly favour Tyrone to win but its going to be a tough battle and close outcome. A vintage Stevie O'Neill performance could be enough to swing it for Tyrone.

Club Rossa

Obviously Brolly hasn't seen much of Tyrone this year.McGuigan has been the outstanding performer so far.

Any craic

A preview with a difference, these kids know what they are talking about - http://tiny.cc/nnu5m