ulster semi final tyrone v donegal

Started by rrhf, June 06, 2011, 10:51:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

Another chance to knock out one of the wee 3.   Have donegal perfected their system yet  seem to be uber defensive this year.  From a tyrone perspective before yesterday when was the last time we played a wee3 team in our first game in the ulster championship 

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Radda bout yeee

I reckon Donegal could be the surprise package in the championship this year - McGuiness will have them going 'a hundred mile an hour' and if they do beat Cavan, I don't think the level of Tyrone's performance on Sunday will beat them! I'm just hoping Tyrone will up their game and take them!!!

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Fuzzman

Sunday 26 June 2011 at 3:30pm probably in Clones I'd imagine or has it been decided already?

I only got to see the Monaghan game last night on sky+ as I was away.
Hard to judge on such a horrible wet day but think I saw enough from SoN & BMcGuigan to feel optimistic.
I'd expect Donegal to beat Cavan this weekend and maybe not to be so defensive minded but of course ye never know. Cavan U-21's will be itching to show their worth.

The last Donegal v Tyrone semi was in 2007 when Donegal went in as favourites for a change and we hockeyed them. They beat us in the league in Omagh and with McFadden, Murphy and maybe this new minor star we could be in for a tough game.
I'd expect Joey to be back but maybe not Justy. Will Joey go FB for the season I wonder?
Is Mugsy in with a shout to start? I think Donnelly did well but as was said he needs to start shooting more and not always pass.

Fuzzman

Looks like Justy won't make it as his Hamstring still giving him trouble

Will Michael Murphy be suspended or what was he sent off for?

This could be a cracker game.

LeoMc

Would love to see Murphy playing but on what grounds can they appeal?

If the Referee had missed an incident it can be reviewed or if he had send off the wrong player it could be rescinded but where he saw an incident (minor to be sure) and he dealt with it at the time (overly harshly while trying to balance the books) is there room for appeal?

Radda bout yeee

BallyhaiseMan

No way should Murphy be let off.
He shouldered Damien Reily in the face. Definite straight red.

donegal lad

Ballyhaise man what game were you watching that you seen a shoulder in the face was a yellow card offence at best

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: donegal lad on June 13, 2011, 02:34:41 PM
Ballyhaise man what game were you watching that you seen a shoulder in the face was a yellow card offence at best

I was about 15/20 feet away from the incident,he hit Damien Reily's face with his shoulder.
Definite Red Card,and you lot need to stop your pathetic whingeing with regards to the incident.

donegal lad

Us lot need stop whining about the decision think you need to look at all the comments above you not many donegal people talking about it i was at the game yesterday as well and though it was harsh decision but did say would work to out advantage which it did but i still say was yellow at best the ref was just looking for a chance  to even it up

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: donegal lad on June 13, 2011, 02:46:33 PM
Us lot need stop whining about the decision thing you need to look at all the comments above you not many donegal people talking about it i was at the game yesterday as well and though it was harsh decision but did say would work to out advantage which it did but i still say was yellow at best the ref was just looking for a change to even it up
I didnt type "Donegal fans should stop whinging",i typed you lot,as in all those in this thread and the specific game thread, that should stop.
I had a side view of the incident, not the TV camera view that most of the whingers on here had.i was in line with where Damien Reily was and Murphy connected with his head.
End of story.