USFC Armagh v Derry, St Tiernach's Park, Clones, 19th June 2pm

Started by oakleafgael, May 29, 2011, 09:29:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

heganboy

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

omagh_gael

Brennan should have had the Derry gig years ago.

3-12 to 1-11 with 6 left puck

Puckoon

Thanks fellas, that's a big score from Derry. I might have thought 1-11 would have won this.

Lazer

Down for Sam 2017 (Have already written of 2016!)

Blowitupref

Exciting match,excellent performance from Derry but the defending by Armagh today was criminal! repeat of the 1998 Ulster final?

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

heganboy

fantastic game today- great performance from Derry, out played a solid Armagh team. Master class from Brennan in how to beat Paddy O Rourke's team. While Armagh will be very dangerous in the back door against a less prepared team, anyone that follows that roadmap will shred them again, however that performance from Derry was exceptional all over the field.
Armagh had no path to Stevie or Jamie and that was all they had. Congrats to a great showing and good luck in the final.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Tony Baloney

Great match. Derry great. Armagh supply inside the 40 was gash.

Hearty is massive so why does he not spread himself when bearing down on a forward. Poor.

maddog

Well done Derry, everything went for you and deservedly so.Bradley Lynch Diver all immense. Hope you push on and win ulster now. As for Armagh i have said it time and time again, play with 6 fowards and we can progress, today we didnt again. Why wasnt Mallon put on Bradley straight away, why did Vince Martin start? Cleaned out at midfield, starved of posession up front, usual aul shite. Im away to drown the sorrows.
Back door it is.

LeoMc

Thought the McDonnell saved shot followed by thr Gilligan goal was a big turning point. Armagh in it up til that point.
Stevie had anothr goal chance in the first half. Clarke would have bagged both.
Is the pressure of Captaincy weighing on McDonnell?

EC Unique

onefaircounty

With the exception of Micheal O'Rourke - how on earth was he taken off? - Vernon and McDonnell (from frees, poor goal misses) nobody showed up for Armagh. Duffy did well when he came on. Horrendous. Leaving so much space in front of Bradley was criminal when it beace apparent that he was going to skin McKeever or Donaghy.

Main Street

Very impressive display by Derry.
I would have put my house on McDonnell hitting the back of the net with that one on one chance, then Derry go up the end, score a great goal and killed the game stone dead.
Referee McGoldrick did well I thought.

bcarrier

I think a lot went right for Derry and wrong for Armagh in that match . Armagh missed at least a couple of goal chances that on another day would have changed the momentum of the game.

Brollys comments on Paddy O'Rourke were unnecessary and nasty . Saying that in his opinion Paddy O Rourke is not a great man to see and make a switch might be considered analysis.To say POR is a " bad manager" and " I dont rate him" is not.

Jinxy

I dunno what planet Brolly is on if he thinks Clarke is in the same league as Cooper and Brogan.
Also, Hearty is very windy for a big man.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

armaghniac

Best team won, McDonnell goal chance to Derry goal killed off game.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B