USFC Armagh v Derry, St Tiernach's Park, Clones, 19th June 2pm

Started by oakleafgael, May 29, 2011, 09:29:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: lemallon on June 18, 2011, 12:05:21 AM
I got my season ticket today.  Section KO row C.  Can anyone confirm this is 3 rows from the front of the stand.  And if it is the case it is a total disgrace that a supporter who was prepared to travel to both Mayo and Cork is treated to one of the worst seats possible.  Not good enough.

You would be correct.

Quote from: lemallon on June 18, 2011, 12:13:33 AM
Quote from: hardstation on June 18, 2011, 12:08:16 AM
Why is 3 rows from the front "one of the worst seats possible"?

You cant be serious hardstation.  All you see is legs and have absolutely no perspective on flight of the ball or players positioning.  It is terrible place to be.  They can stuff it.  Ill be going to the hill and you can have ticket if you want.  NO CHARGE.

You'll be lucky if that's what you'll see. You will be looking through the wire and if your lucky enough you will have one of them big yellow gates to look through as well.

bennydorano

Quote from: Will Hunting on June 17, 2011, 02:29:19 PM

Anyway, the Down Armagh game is irrelevant. If you want a barometer then a closer one is probably last year's preliminary game. Armagh won by three points, while Derry missed a late penalty and had Eoin Bradley harshly sent off. In other words there was very little between the teams. In fact, I thought Armagh were a poor enough outfit as Monaghan confirmed a few weeks later. I don't think they've changed that much to be honest.

A good overall post, but perpetuating disinformation about the Monaghan match, Armagh had a man sent of after 20 odd minutes remember.  It was starting to go south before that fair enough, but journo's and commentators (Brolly & Heaney mainly  :P) who seemed to have an axe to grind were in heaven and the sending off barely came under their notice.  Also - Monaghan were (and probably still are) a far far better team than Derry.

I've no idea what Armagh is going to turn up tomorrow, hopefully the one that saw of Down.  Expecting to reach similar heights again probably is expecting a bit much tbh.  As I said a near the start of this thread, we've felt in Armagh for a while that the players are there and they just need to be harnassed, hopefully we saw the beginning of that v Down and will see a continuation of that tomorrow.

illdecide

Goona be a close game 2mara, fancy Armagh by 1-3pts (11/4 in bookies) but def won't be surprised if it's a draw. Hopefully get a Armagh v Tyrone Ulster final
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

ardchieftain

My lift just fell through, does anyone know of any buses going from Armagh city ?

pm me

Will be a tight match and hopefully Armagh squeeze out a 2 point win.

borderfox

Ardchieftan this fella posted this on the Armaghgaa website if its any good to you.

'Ive a bus going from armagh city, 8 seats left pm for details if interested.'

Heres his link

http://www.armaghgaa.net/forum/members/sir-clunge/

Good luck!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Bogball XV

Quote from: bennydorano on June 18, 2011, 11:59:25 AM
Quote from: Will Hunting on June 17, 2011, 02:29:19 PM

Anyway, the Down Armagh game is irrelevant. If you want a barometer then a closer one is probably last year's preliminary game. Armagh won by three points, while Derry missed a late penalty and had Eoin Bradley harshly sent off. In other words there was very little between the teams. In fact, I thought Armagh were a poor enough outfit as Monaghan confirmed a few weeks later. I don't think they've changed that much to be honest.

A good overall post, but perpetuating disinformation about the Monaghan match, Armagh had a man sent of after 20 odd minutes remember.  It was starting to go south before that fair enough, but journo's and commentators (Brolly & Heaney mainly  :P) who seemed to have an axe to grind were in heaven and the sending off barely came under their notice.  Also - Monaghan were (and probably still are) a far far better team than Derry.I've no idea what Armagh is going to turn up tomorrow, hopefully the one that saw of Down.  Expecting to reach similar heights again probably is expecting a bit much tbh.  As I said a near the start of this thread, we've felt in Armagh for a while that the players are there and they just need to be harnassed, hopefully we saw the beginning of that v Down and will see a continuation of that tomorrow.
They couldn't be that much better than Derry, we played them twice in the 2009 championship and beat them twice (the second time after they'd bate armagh if i mind right).

Abble

Quote from: lemallon on June 18, 2011, 12:13:33 AM
Quote from: hardstation on June 18, 2011, 12:08:16 AM
Why is 3 rows from the front "one of the worst seats possible"?

You cant be serious hardstation.  All you see is legs and have absolutely no perspective on flight of the ball or players positioning.  It is terrible place to be.  They can stuff it.  Ill be going to the hill and you can have ticket if you want.  NO CHARGE.

le get yourself down to those seats behind the far goals, crackin view from the high seats there, my fav spot in clones.

i mind being there time we played derry in the qualifiers and we made mccloy look like a feckin genius, hopefully he's exposed left right and centre tomorrow, would make me day

armaghniac

Forecast now giving showers for tomorrow. Bring a coat and leave your  umbrella at home
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Bogball XV

Quote from: armaghniac on June 18, 2011, 10:17:25 PM
Forecast now giving showers for tomorrow. Bring a coat and leave your  umbrella at home
i paid for my ticket too you know, i can put me f**king umbrella if I want tae!!

drici

Ulster Senior Football Championship
First Round
Sunday May 28th 1995
The Athletic Grounds Armagh

Armagh 0-10
Cathal O'Rourke(0-7) Des Mackin(0-1) Diarmuid Marsden(0-1) Martin McQuillan(0-1)

Derry 1-17
Enda Gormley(0-4) Henry Downey(1-0) Anthony Tohill(0-2) Damien Barton(0-2) Declan Bateson(0-2) Seamus Downey(0-2)Johnny McGurk(0-1)Brian McGilligan(0-1) Dermot Heaney(0-1) Damien Cassidy(0-1) Gary McGilll(0-1)

Half Time:
Armagh 0-05
Derry 0-10

Could be tight.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: drici on June 18, 2011, 10:37:49 PM
Ulster Senior Football Championship
First Round
Sunday May 28th 1995
The Athletic Grounds Armagh

Armagh 0-10
Cathal O'Rourke(0-7) Des Mackin(0-1) Diarmuid Marsden(0-1) Martin McQuillan(0-1)

Derry 1-17
Enda Gormley(0-4) Henry Downey(1-0) Anthony Tohill(0-2) Damien Barton(0-2) Declan Bateson(0-2) Seamus Downey(0-2)Johnny McGurk(0-1)Brian McGilligan(0-1) Dermot Heaney(0-1) Damien Cassidy(0-1) Gary McGilll(0-1)

Half Time:
Armagh 0-05
Derry 0-10

Could be tight.

if we have 11 different scorers tomorrow we will definately win  :D
those were the days. Score 1-17 and top scorer was 0-4, likely all from frees too  ;)

Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

ardchieftain

Thanks borderfox, saw that earlier and sent him a private message several hours ago.

ONeill

From BBC

We're hearing of 2 possible Derry changes: Kevin mc guckin for mc cloy. James Kielt for Caolan o'boyle
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

king of leon

This game wiil suit kielt with his long range kicking. Mcguckin still a sticky enough marker..