USFC Armagh v Derry, St Tiernach's Park, Clones, 19th June 2pm

Started by oakleafgael, May 29, 2011, 09:29:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheamy

Quote from: mackers on June 16, 2011, 10:46:32 AM
Hope John Brennan's coaching abilities are better than his geography.......see he's saying that Clones is 20 minutes from South Armagh.... ::) ::)
Clones isn't 20 minutes away from Castleblayney FFS.
Clones is 28 miles from Keady...Roughly Maghera to Celtic Park.

Whatever the time, it's fecking 2 hours less than from Derry :-)

I see Ulster Council still pushing this bullshit about an all ticket event for kids and totally ignore the casement elephant in the room. Put plenty of kids in casement for free. Their parents might even drive them to it then.

http://www.hoganstand.com/Derry/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=149686

mackers

Quote from: sheamy on June 16, 2011, 11:26:28 AM
Quote from: mackers on June 16, 2011, 10:46:32 AM
Hope John Brennan's coaching abilities are better than his geography.......see he's saying that Clones is 20 minutes from South Armagh.... ::) ::)
Clones isn't 20 minutes away from Castleblayney FFS.
Clones is 28 miles from Keady...Roughly Maghera to Celtic Park.

Whatever the time, it's fecking 2 hours less than from Derry :-)

I see Ulster Council still pushing this bullshit about an all ticket event for kids and totally ignore the casement elephant in the room. Put plenty of kids in casement for free. Their parents might even drive them to it then.

http://www.hoganstand.com/Derry/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=149686
I take it you've never been on the road from Keady to Clones.........that 28 miles will take at least 45 minutes.
Look, nobody's denying that it is much further from Clones to South Derry than it is from Armagh..........I think that that point has been well and truly drilled home by Derry folk......it's the bending of the truth by some Derry people that's the problem.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

leaveherinsir

even though the heart says Derry, the head reckons Armagh might just have that bit too much for us. But you never know on the day!! Would have fancied Derry against Down.

naka

armagh team realy focussed on this, there is no complacency
really fancy us ,
ARMAGH BY 4/5

orchard 8195

my opinion is that obv if Armagh play anywhere near they did against Down they will beat Derry. However this is a big If. When u look at the 2 teams on paper they are reasonably close playerwise. Think Derry could possibly play muldoon up with Bradley which would be a hell of a threat up there 2. Also will BJP, Kernan, Mackin and Michael O'Rourke play as well this time out? I really hope so as if they put in similar performances Armagh will win because Clarke and this time stevey will do the business.

The Stallion

It's astonishing how many people have decided Armagh will win based purely on one decent performance against a massively overrated Down side.

I'll be surprised if Derry don't win by at least 4 or 5 points.

The Derry forwards are far too strong for Armagh, and I confidently predict at least 2 goals for Derry.

I'll be back on Sunday evening to boast about my Nostradamus-like predictions coming true.

The Stallion.

TacadoirArdMhacha

I'm quite mystified by general perceived predictability of an Armagh victory. For the majority of this year, Derry and Armagh have been performing at similar levels, Armagh struggling in Division 1, Derry challenging for promotion from Division 2. For all the challenge Fermanagh put up, Derry might as well be making their championship debut tomorrow. Armagh did put in an excellent performance against Down but in hindsight Down were primed for ambush. Its unlikely that things will go as well for Armagh as they did that night and if they don't, we are looking at a relatively low scoring dogfight. I expect there to be a point or two in the difference at the conclusion.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

hobit hunter

Quote from: The Stallion on June 16, 2011, 06:37:23 PM
It's astonishing how many people have decided Armagh will win based purely on one decent performance against a massively overrated Down side.

I'll be surprised if Derry don't win by at least 4 or 5 points.

The Derry forwards are far too strong for Armagh, and I confidently predict at least 2 goals for Derry.

I'll be back on Sunday evening to boast about my Nostradamus-like predictions coming true.

The Stallion.

Interesting assessment there Stallion, Nostradamus would be proud.  But then again he wasn't too strong on the aul Ga predictions.............

stew

Too much hype over one good performance, we will do well to squeak out a win here, prediction, a draw.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Orior on June 16, 2011, 08:38:43 PM
I assume tickets will be easy got in the town?

I'll get you two great seats in the Pat McGrane Stand for only €5 over face value.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

king of leon

Think that Derry will win the game. I think Brennan will try and exploit the Armagh half forward line by getting the half backs to attack as much as possible, think he'l try and exploit Padden and Mackin and possibly play an anchor in front of the full back line as cover. I think armagh are a more physical team than Derry, but if they can play fast incisive ball their in with a hell of a good chance!

sheamy

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on June 16, 2011, 09:13:44 PM
Quote from: Orior on June 16, 2011, 08:38:43 PM
I assume tickets will be easy got in the town?

I'll get you two great seats in the Pat McGrane Stand for only €5 over face value.

Never listen to him lad. I'll see his Pat McGrane and sell you 1045 tickets for the Gerry Arthurs. Cost price.

Triggerhappy

Armagh team announced on official website - unchanged from Down game
ARMAGH TEAM V DERRY

19/06/2011

1.      Paul Hearty                       Crossmaglen
2.      Andy Mallon                      Pearse Og
3.      Brendan Donaghy             Clonmore
4.      Kevin Dyas                         Dromintee
5.      Aaron Kernan                    Crossmaglen
6.      Ciaran Mc Keever             St. Patrick's
7.      Paul Duffy                         Pearse Og
8.      Kieran Toner                     Granemore
9.      Charlie Vernon                  Armagh Harps
10     Tony Kernan                      Crossmaglen
11     Billy Joe Padden                Carrickcruppin
12.    Malachy Mackin               St. Patrick's
13.    Micheal O'Rourke             Dromintee 
14.    Steven McDonnell             Killeavy
15.    Jamie Clarke                     Crossmaglen
16.        Philip McEvoy                   Dromintee 
17.     Gavin McParland              Ballymacnab
18.     Colm Watters                    Cullaville
19.     Finnian Moriarity              Wolfe Tones
20.     John Murtagh                    Parnells
21.     Brian Mallon                    Tir Na nOg
22.     Vincent Martin                  Dromintee 
23.     Declan McKenna               Armagh Harps
24.     James Lavery                    Maghery
25.     David McKenna                 Crossmaglen
26.     Rory Grugan                      Ballymacnab

mackers

Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.