Started by oakleafgael, May 29, 2011, 09:29:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oakleafgael

Quote from: AFS on June 09, 2011, 08:58:09 PM
Quote from: borderfox on June 09, 2011, 08:16:09 PM
Derry by 5 ;)

At least.

This Stallion boy has it right. Everything points to a Derry win:

Armagh peaked for Down and sure Down are shite anyway.
Armagh only beat Derry last year because of Jamie Clarke's disgraceful push on Kevin McGuckin.
Derry beat Armagh easily the last time the teams met in Clones.
Derry are dying to stick two fingers up at the world and the Ulster Council for making them go allllllllll the way to Clones for this game.
Derry probably have the best manager in Ulster, if not the country. Armagh's manager is useless and if it wasn't for Oisin McConville and Paul McGrane they wouldn't even being playing this game.
Armagh don't have many good forwards, especially with Ronan Clarke, Gareth Swift and Ger Houlihan unavailable.

I was a wee bit worried about this one until I heard that Ger Reid isnt available to mark Eoin Bradley. I think I wont bother going to it and save myself for the Ulster Final.

Derry by 6

lawnseed

Quote from: oakleafgael on June 09, 2011, 10:30:36 PM
Quote from: AFS on June 09, 2011, 08:58:09 PM
Quote from: borderfox on June 09, 2011, 08:16:09 PM
Derry by 5 ;)

At least.

This Stallion boy has it right. Everything points to a Derry win:

Armagh peaked for Down and sure Down are shite anyway.
Armagh only beat Derry last year because of Jamie Clarke's disgraceful push on Kevin McGuckin.
Derry beat Armagh easily the last time the teams met in Clones.
Derry are dying to stick two fingers up at the world and the Ulster Council for making them go allllllllll the way to Clones for this game.
Derry probably have the best manager in Ulster, if not the country. Armagh's manager is useless and if it wasn't for Oisin McConville and Paul McGrane they wouldn't even being playing this game.
Armagh don't have many good forwards, especially with Ronan Clarke, Gareth Swift and Ger Houlihan unavailable.

I was a wee bit worried about this one until I heard that Ger Reid isnt available to mark Eoin Bradley. I think I wont bother going to it and save myself for the Ulster Final.

Derry by 6
with out armaghs blanket defence brolly will run riot.. derry by 3 goals and 12 points i'm not even going to watch ;)
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

armaghniac

QuoteI was a wee bit worried about this one until I heard that Ger Reid isnt available to mark Eoin Bradley.

Francie Bellew is being prepared on a diet of porridge as we speak.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

lawnseed

Quote from: armaghniac on June 09, 2011, 11:15:54 PM
QuoteI was a wee bit worried about this one until I heard that Ger Reid isnt available to mark Eoin Bradley.

Francie Bellew is being prepared on a diet of porridge as we speak.
francie bellew is being prepared on a diet as we speak ;) :D
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

illdecide

There should be some craic on here all next week :D :D :D

With your serious heads on would any of you rule out a draw? And if it's a draw will it go to extra time or was that rule for 1st round matches only???

Derry by 12 :D :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

sheamy

Am looking forward to the tactical battle between Brennan and Joe Kernan. I heard Armagh are so sure of victory that Aidan O'Rourke has ordered in 500 special Ulster final 2011 picture frames for the shop. A huge after game party has been planned for clones square by the Armagh sponsors. Friar Tucks, simply fruit and Morgan Milk. Yummmm! Prize draw for a free cube of diesel  ;)

oakleafgael

Quote from: sheamy on June 10, 2011, 07:34:59 AM
Am looking forward to the tactical battle between Brennan and Joe Kernan. I heard Armagh are so sure of victory that Aidan O'Rourke has ordered in 500 special Ulster final 2011 picture frames for the shop. A huge after game party has been planned for clones square by the Armagh sponsors. Friar Tucks, simply fruit and Morgan Milk. Yummmm! Prize draw for a free cube of diesel  ;)

On a much more serious note I hope the apple munchers from around Cross behave themselves a lot better than they did the last time Brennan led a team against one from Armagh. The throwing of screenings will not be tolerated!

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: oakleafgael on June 10, 2011, 01:42:42 PM

On a much more serious note I hope the apple munchers from around Cross behave themselves a lot better than they did the last time Brennan led a team against one from Armagh. The throwing of screenings will not be tolerated!

thon hallion brought it all on himself and he's lucky he was bate home!!!

oakleafgael

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 10, 2011, 02:27:21 PM

Not really BCB. What happens inside the fence should stay there and those Cross supporters let themselves and their club down very badly that day. Any talk of beating people home is showing yourself up for what people percieve the Cross supporters to be. It wouldnt have been the most sensible move either.

Thats all off topic anyway. I saw Dermot McNicholl out running last night. He is going to show McKeever how a real Aussie Rules man plays the game.

Derry by 8

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: oakleafgael on June 10, 2011, 05:49:30 PM

Not really BCB. What happens inside the fence should stay there and those Cross supporters let themselves and their club down very badly that day. Any talk of beating people home is showing yourself up for what people percieve the Cross supporters to be. It wouldnt have been the most sensible move either.

Thats all off topic anyway. I saw Dermot McNicholl out running last night. He is going to show McKeever how a real Aussie Rules man plays the game.

Derry by 8

Then Mr Brennan should remember that himself as he got heavily involved with people outside the fence.  And as someone who was inside the fence in both games, Brennan antagonized everyone from players, managers and officials and I would suggest he was the losing of it from Slaughtniel. 

Anyway, back to the game, I reckon that if he can control himself on the line Brennan at the back of it all has the tactical nous to set up Derry to beat Armagh.  Armagh are obviosuly on a high from the win and Derry are a bit unknown after their facile win over the men from the lakes.  Armagh have the momentum but have they the game plan to beat a Derry team that will pack midfield and defence and leave space for Eoin Bradley to exploit?  I don't know but where James lost the run of himself in the first game I can't see Brennan going the same way. I actually think this will be a draw with Derry to sneak the replay.

Armaghgeddon

I know who Marty Clarke is dont know McNicholl

Derry have the best team by a country mile. They will easily win Ulster and then hammer everyone in the All Ireland.

Doire(rhea) AbĂș

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: illdecide on June 09, 2011, 11:26:30 PM
There should be some craic on here all next week :D :D :D

With your serious heads on would any of you rule out a draw? And if it's a draw will it go to extra time or was that rule for 1st round matches only???

Derry by 12 :D :D

is that all ? will be at least 20

Aye the craic should be good by this time next next week.

Who will be the 1st to fall out from the rival counties ?

My money is on BCB and AN Other
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

oakleafgael

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 10, 2011, 05:59:28 PM
Quote from: oakleafgael on June 10, 2011, 05:49:30 PM

Derry by 8

Then Mr Brennan should remember that himself as he got heavily involved with people outside the fence.  And as someone who was inside the fence in both games, Brennan antagonized everyone from players, managers and officials and I would suggest he was the losing of it from Slaughtniel.  Anyway, back to the game, I reckon that if he can control himself on the line Brennan at the back of it all has the tactical nous to set up Derry to beat Armagh.  Armagh are obviosuly on a high from the win and Derry are a bit unknown after their facile win over the men from the lakes.  Armagh have the momentum but have they the game plan to beat a Derry team that will pack midfield and defence and leave space for Eoin Bradley to exploit?  I don't know but where James lost the run of himself in the first game I can't see Brennan going the same way. I actually think this will be a draw with Derry to sneak the replay.

I cant let that sit at all BCB. The reason Cross beat the balubaa's was the very dubious sending off of Shane Kelly in the drawn match. Only for that you where beat. Brennan is what he is, a head the ball, and came straight out after the match and apologised for his part in what went on. For the vast majority of the Derry club championship matches he has been involved in watching him on the line has been more entertaining than the games.

Derry simply dont have the players to beat Armagh if they are faced with the level of performance that Armagh produced against Down. I would agree with some of the Armagh supporters scepticism about wether the Armagh team can repeat the performance against Derry. In reality it probably wont be needed as we are a middling division 2 team. If Paddy Bradley was fit and available it could have been a different story. We dont have the midfield capable of winning enough possession and we dont the quaility of backs needed to contain McDonnell and Clarke. Its a far cry from recent times where the forwards where always the bother.

Throw ball

Oakleafgael. We in Armagh know that Cross usually get over the line no matter what way the decisions go. They have had players dubiously sent off and vice versa but more often than not they win. It needs everyone to be focused, decisions to go your way and a good bit of luck to beat them. If only there were 2 or 3 clubs like them in Armagh. As for the supporters, like with most clubs, if they think you are putting it up to them they will give you the full works!

As for the game I think we will learn alot from Armagh's performance. Another good show and a win and we will know that the potential we think is there is there. A defeat and the vultures will circle again. I hope it is a good game as I have always liked Derry (there attitude to Tyrone might help  ;D) but I suspect it may be a bit scrappy.

naka