Mark Sidebottom

Started by thewobbler, May 28, 2011, 10:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

borderfox

'' Joe 30 minutes gone look the flags are flying''
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Armaghgeddon on July 17, 2011, 04:00:59 PM
Notepads at the ready....its a special occassion so expect some special remarks from the man himself.

Sidebottom: Sweet sweet sweet point under a lot of pressure there
Joe: That was not a point
But Mark was right...a sweet point, just a pity Umpire was blinded by the sun!

Redhand Santa

Did he not come out with something about John McEntee sticking one on big Joe? He's useless.

Applesisapples

Give the guy a break, I watched the match on BBC yesterday and thought his commentary was grand, a few clumsy attempts at humour aside. His stats and facts were generally accurate and he called some of the incidents better than big Joe.

nrico2006

Quote from: Applesisapples on July 18, 2011, 09:30:13 AM
Give the guy a break, I watched the match on BBC yesterday and thought his commentary was grand, a few clumsy attempts at humour aside. His stats and facts were generally accurate and he called some of the incidents better than big Joe.

Well said.  I actually enjoy his commentary.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

thewobbler

Sidey was quite good this week. He was more focused than normal. Maybe he's a big game player.

Bogball XV

Quote from: orangeman on July 17, 2011, 05:01:27 PM
When describing the direction of the breeze he called it a "north, south,east, west breeze" while the flags are clearly going in one direction.   ;)
but they weren't inside the ground.  I think he called it right tbh.  The general direction was towards the corner at the end that derry were playing into in the first half, but it was all over the place at times.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Bogball XV on July 18, 2011, 01:26:34 PM
Quote from: orangeman on July 17, 2011, 05:01:27 PM
When describing the direction of the breeze he called it a "north, south,east, west breeze" while the flags are clearly going in one direction.   ;)
but they weren't inside the ground.  I think he called it right tbh.  The general direction was towards the corner at the end that derry were playing into in the first half, but it was all over the place at times.
Even Martin Beag and Jarlath Mor couldn't agree on the direction.

Hoof Hearted

only caught the end of his commentary yesterday, was going mental as Donegal were mounting their comeback. when Cassidy got the winner he was orgasmic !!

Brilliant stuff to be fair, only added to the excitement. 100 times better than Morrissey.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Gold

True--i turned over for the 2nd half--he is miles better than Morrisy.

At the stage of Donegal's comeback i thought he was gonna lose his voice he was goin mental!

Still comes out with some s hite sayings but they are funny --it cut to a witch like looking kildare female fan and he said "hubble bubble, donegal are in trouble"!!!!!!!!
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Gaffer

Quote from: Gold on July 31, 2011, 01:59:58 PM

At the stage of Donegal's comeback i thought he was gonna lose his voice he was goin mental!

Still comes out with some s hite sayings but they are funny --it cut to a witch like looking kildare female fan and he said "hubble bubble, donegal are in trouble"!!!!!!!!

That's the type of shite I can't stand. 

He's nearly as bad as Jimmy McGee was for UTV in mid 90's
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Incertus

Quote from: Gold on July 31, 2011, 01:59:58 PM

:) only sidey could come out with that. keep up the good work you clown

borderfox

'The rain coming down is Donegal rain peter.. its that mizzly rain'
'Hes some boy! hes some boy! Hes Christy Toye'
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

EagleLord

The telescopic arms of big Paul Durcan!

cornafean

Sidebottom was in top form last night. I watched RTE for the first 20 minutes and Morrissey was hard going.
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.