Mark Sidebottom

Started by thewobbler, May 28, 2011, 10:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

attheraces

Here we go again, nothing bettter than a good Sidebottom bashing
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

attheraces

Seriously, Sidebottom is the worst ever. Whether the ball is in midfield or the full forward line he is talking as if he cant get words out quick enough, and he can't be silent for a second, not one single second. He is also meant to be in the more neutral role while he gives his point of view on everything, I thought that was Canavans job no? And his point of view is usually wrong, blaming Mulligan for shooting from 25 yards with wind behind his back right in front of the goals. Not to mention his numerous mistakes and stupid references to non-football matters in the middle of a match. E.g. The fact that Cavanagh/Kavanagh are spelt differently and they are no relation.

If you really don't notice the inadequacies of his commentary just flick over to RTE for a couple of minutes and watch the Dublin game.

Has anyone got any links for commentary for the Tyrone game until I mute this tripe.

Rant over.

paco

First time I've listened to him this year. You're right about his refusal to be quiet, I wouldn't be surprised if he goes through a few inhalers at half time because he's bound to be out of breath after 35 minutes of that! Much better standard on RTE, in terms of commentary and football.

downgirl

I made a wee page on facebook he annoyed me that much with his senseless ramblings and annoying way of commentating, I think Thomas Kane should be commentating he would be far better.  Anyway if you want to like the page search for 'Thomas Kane to replace Mark Sidebottom on The Championship'.

attheraces

Quote from: downgirl on June 26, 2011, 04:26:28 PM
I made a wee page on facebook he annoyed me that much with his senseless ramblings and annoying way of commentating, I think Thomas Kane should be commentating he would be far better.  Anyway if you want to like the page search for 'Thomas Kane to replace Mark Sidebottom on The Championship'.

I understand your annoyance. I'm not on Facebook but don't worry I will promote your page anyway to friends/family/general public. Sidebottom just lost his head when there was a chance of a goal. I'm actually having a laugh at him the more pathetic he gets.

And another thing he does, every time there is an attack, he might suggest what the attacker do. For example he says an attacker is capable of doing this/ or will he do this/ or so and so is free if he can find him. He is commentating on what is happeneing not telling them what they should do.

downgirl

Thomas Kane is far more eloquent, this is obvious from the small snippets we hear from him when Mark Sidebottom asks him from action from the sideline before cutting him off short etc etc and also from his interviewing skills... I don't understand why the BBC haven't realised this.

Armaghgeddon

"That one has got ice on it......and its wide"

WTF is he on about?

Don Johnson

I think it has become too fashionable to slag off Sidebottom these days.

I for one enjoy him, I don't see how people get so annoyed at commentators anyway. How precious can you be?

WeePeteIsALegend

Do you like hearing things like

"Here goes the little attack dog Ricey McMenemin"
''Im very glad you won dat fight Matt, but Im a not imprezzed by your performance''

All of a Sludden

I ended up watching most of the second half of Tyrone v Donegal and didn't think he was too bad. If he would stop with Ricey this and Mugsy that he would be no worse than what we get from RTE. He seems to have a bit of passion even if he hasn't got a clue what is going on at times.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Main Street

He hasn't a clue for much of the time and grates the nerves for the rest.
I'd be quite content if Peter whatshisname was the main commentator.

When the scores were level near the end, Tyrone got a free in their own half for a 3rd man tackle. Sidebottom,  even after watching the replay, didn't have the slightest doubt that the foul was given for the player on the ball taking too many steps. It's not just that the guy hasn't a clue but he has nothing to offer to redeem himself.

Archie Mitchell

What was he at with the countdown at the end? "5 seconds, 4 seconds, 3 seconds, 2 seconds, its over!!" He was right and hoarse too.

tbrick18

jeez he'd put you off watchin! And could he crawl any further up peter's arse?

fitzroyalty

"Sin é agus Donegal advance"

What a dandilion!  :D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on June 26, 2011, 08:49:52 PM
What was he at with the countdown at the end? "5 seconds, 4 seconds, 3 seconds, 2 seconds, its over!!" He was right and hoarse too.

Yeah I sorta cringed at that at the end!!

Look he's as bad as any of the commentators out there, I thought Andy Gray was the worst when on Sky Sports. The radio boys are the best.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea