Know Your Place!!

Started by Louth Exile, May 26, 2011, 01:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Louth Exile

That troublesome wee county, will they never learn  ::)
Know your place and do what you're told for fecks sake!!

http://www.hoganstand.com/louth/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=148557
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Denn Forever

However, Louth gained some degree of revenge by defeating the Royals 1-13 to 1-11 in an earlier round of the Leinster minor championship, which was played at Haggardstown.

The sides are now due to meet again in the Leinster semi final on Wednesday June 29th at 7pm with Haggardstown once again being touted as the venue, but in a dramatic change the game will now be played at Pairc Tailteann, Navan, handing Meath home advantage.

I'm conused.  Beaten in the championship yet play in they semi final?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Denn Forever on May 26, 2011, 02:07:51 PM
I'm conused.  Beaten in the championship yet play in they semi final?

There's a backdoor in the first round in Leinster. Provincial runners up are also re-admitted into the AI race.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Denn Forever

I knew the provincial runners up have a second chance, but first round losers? ???

Don't know if you are being serious Croi.
means what he says...

AZOffaly

Quote from: Denn Forever on May 26, 2011, 02:28:14 PM
I knew the provincial runners up have a second chance, but first round losers? ???

Don't know if you are being serious Croi.

He is. Last year Offaly beat Longford by 20+ points in the first round. Longford beat Offaly in the Leinster Final.

Jinxy

Quote from: Louth Exile on May 26, 2011, 01:53:32 PM

Ye are always moaning about something or other.  ::)
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Louth Exile

Quote from: Jinxy on May 26, 2011, 03:06:09 PM
Quote from: Louth Exile on May 26, 2011, 01:53:32 PM

Ye are always moaning about something or other.  ::)

Yes sir, Sorry Sir, I won't do it again Sir, Please don't bate me Sir

Your Humble Serf
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Hardy

Hold on. I know the media like to be nice to Louth because of their traumas of recent times and Louth themselves can't be blamed for wanting to milk the sympathy. But given that the previous meeting between the teams was in Louth, I'm struggling to find the injustice in the suggestion that Louth shouldn't have home advantage in every game.

Denn Forever

Ideally it would be a neutral venue.  What would be suitable?  Newbridge? Dublin?
means what he says...

deiseach

When we won the Munster minor hurling title in 2009 we lost to Clare in the first round, beat Limerick in a playoff then beat Clare in the semi-final. Admittedly the roles were kinda reversed by them beating us in last year's Munster final having lost to us in the first round, but it was daft that after beating us they then had to play us in what was their next round.

PAULD123

No matter how bad the decision was and how arrogant Sludden was in making it, the scenes from Louth supporters were disgraceful. There is never an excuse for striking a referee and that was a series of assaults. The guys should receive convictions and Louth should have been instantly kicked out if the championship. Yes I had sympathy as a fan for the decision but can only say that sympathy quickly turned to disgust and contempt.

We haven't won for 53 years is not an excuse. The GAA were far to soft with you, they should have instantly turfed you out for a year. It is because of your so-called supporters that fans can no longer celebrate with their heroes at the end of a victory. Even schoolboys can't stand on the field with their classmates at the end of match.

Any decent GAA man from Louth should be ashamed of last year, not moaning about it and claiming they were unfairly treated. The far greater sin was theirs, as they tarnished our sport with soccer hooligan-like antics.

LeoMc

Quote from: deiseach on May 26, 2011, 04:31:00 PM
When we won the Munster minor hurling title in 2009 we lost to Clare in the first round, beat Limerick in a playoff then beat Clare in the semi-final. Admittedly the roles were kinda reversed by them beating us in last year's Munster final having lost to us in the first round, but it was daft that after beating us they then had to play us in what was their next round.

Right so, I was aware of the back door system for beaten provincial finalists in both code. I did not know that Leinster MFC and Munster MHC also have back door returns for the 1st round losers. Are there any others?
Ulster MFC does not have and AFAIK the Ulster MHC does not have it either.

Louth Exile

Quote from: PAULD123 on May 27, 2011, 08:06:24 AM
No matter how bad the decision was and how arrogant Sludden was in making it, the scenes from Louth supporters were disgraceful. There is never an excuse for striking a referee and that was a series of assaults. The guys should receive convictions and Louth should have been instantly kicked out if the championship. Yes I had sympathy as a fan for the decision but can only say that sympathy quickly turned to disgust and contempt.

We haven't won for 53 years is not an excuse. The GAA were far to soft with you, they should have instantly turfed you out for a year. It is because of your so-called supporters that fans can no longer celebrate with their heroes at the end of a victory. Even schoolboys can't stand on the field with their classmates at the end of match.

Any decent GAA man from Louth should be ashamed of last year, not moaning about it and claiming they were unfairly treated. The far greater sin was theirs, as they tarnished our sport with soccer hooligan-like antics.

You mightn't be able to tell from your Ivory Tower up there in the Mournes, but you are completely off topic!

Bogball XV

Quote from: LeoMc on May 27, 2011, 09:22:46 AM
Quote from: deiseach on May 26, 2011, 04:31:00 PM

Right so, I was aware of the back door system for beaten provincial finalists in both code. I did not know that Leinster MFC and Munster MHC also have back door returns for the 1st round losers. Are there any others?
Ulster MFC does not have and AFAIK the Ulster MHC does not have it either.
I think Ulster MFC is the only championship without a back door of some sort.  Not sure about the MHC, do they maybe play a round robin style tournament, or is that U21. 
In any case, it's high time Ulster sorted this out.

Cde

should the same rules not apply to all counties in the same competition. Doesn't seem right that other counties are playing by different rules