The Committee Room

Started by goldenyears, May 25, 2011, 08:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

It's on earlier in the day, it's just repeated after VB.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Chris agus Snoop

Ryall Nugent is director of sport in RTE a dyed in the wool rugby jock, GAA gets the shit end of the budget stick with that guy in charge.

If they wanted a cheap show why didn't they just copy Seo Sport, they could have even got Daragh and Sean ban just to do the same format in English.

Farrandeelin

Jaysus I cannot suffer Ryle Nugget at all.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Etienne Lantier

Quote from: Jinxy on May 26, 2011, 03:04:41 PM
RTE's GAA coverage reinforces every negative stereotype that puts off people from non-GAA backgrounds becoming more involved, going to games etc.

RYLE NUGENT!!!

He's no Jim Neilly.

furboot

We all know what happens in Committee Rooms - SFA except waffle and talking around things and pretending to be doing real stuff.  That is waht RTE have called it and it lives up to its name with the perfect chairman in place if that's what they think we want to see! It's like a bad radio chat show on TV. An absolute load of rubbish.
hope TV3's new GAA Show starting at midnight tonight is better with a proper review of matches and action. 

Bogball XV

The first time I watched this I thought some of the criticism was unwarranted.  I've changed my mind.  Watched this week's show, looking forward to a decent preview on this weekend's games - Derry v Armagh and a few interesting hurling games coming up - I would say a grand total of 1 min and 40 odd seconds was devoted to the upcoming games.  What the fcuk??

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Bogball XV on June 17, 2011, 01:15:56 PM
The first time I watched this I thought some of the criticism was unwarranted.  I've changed my mind.  Watched this week's show, looking forward to a decent preview on this weekend's games - Derry v Armagh and a few interesting hurling games coming up - I would say a grand total of 1 min and 40 odd seconds was devoted to the upcoming games.  What the fcuk??

I haven't seen it yet. What was on it so Bogball?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Bogball XV

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 17, 2011, 11:19:45 PM
Quote from: Bogball XV on June 17, 2011, 01:15:56 PM

I haven't seen it yet. What was on it so Bogball?
hard to describe really.

Paddy Keenan was on so there was a wee bit of talking about the Louth v Meath game and about Brendan Murphy.  A bit of chat about offaly hurlers and their demands and not much else that I can remember off hand.

Minder

Memo to Rte - Tell Marty to button his shirts.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

panc56

I have to say that despite it best efforts this is a bore fest. RTEs GAA coverage is dire. The association needs to look at it's relationship with the national broadcaster. Why not give it to Setanta bring in  the lads from Newstalk. Even the BBC do better!

Qwerty28

Bring back Breaking Ball, end of story!  Committee room is as drab as the set!!

ardtole

The lads on newstalk are excellent every evening regardless of what sport they are discussing.

ross matt

Quote from: ardtole on June 23, 2011, 11:04:39 AM
The lads on newstalk are excellent every evening regardless of what sport they are discussing.

+1000.
They make working late bearable. Come across as a bunch of guys who have real passion for sport and can relate to the punters via intelligent analysis and humour. Cover a wide range of sports to plus some great interviews.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: ross matt on June 23, 2011, 11:10:42 AM
Quote from: ardtole on June 23, 2011, 11:04:39 AM

+1000.
They make working late bearable. Come across as a bunch of guys who have real passion for sport and can relate to the punters via intelligent analysis and humour. Cover a wide range of sports to plus some great interviews.

i enjoy listening to 2 of the lads but the bloke the commentates on the soccer matches does my head in
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001