Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2011

Started by drici, May 21, 2011, 12:31:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: screenexile on November 07, 2011, 10:35:56 PM
Really looking forward to Sundays game I have to say I have a sneaky feeling Ballinderry can do it. They seem to have the right blend of youth and experience and I fancy them to give Cross their toughest game.

I fail to see all the talk of Burren they have no recent pedigree to suggest they are capable of beating Cross and Down teams haven't a great record in the Ulster Club. Whoever wins this match will win Ulster I think! Bderry by 2

1 Crossmaglen Rangers 8 1996, 1998, 1999, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010. N/A
2 Burren 5 1983, 1984, 1985, 1987, 1988 1992
3 Bellaghy 4 1968, 1971, 1994, 2000 1998

At a quick glance you can see you're talking shite  :D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Put Her Dead

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 08, 2011, 09:19:15 PM
Really looking forward to Sundays game I have to say I have a sneaky feeling Ballinderry can do it. They seem to have the right blend of youth and experience and I fancy them to give Cross their toughest game.

I fail to see all the talk of Burren they have no recent pedigree to suggest they are capable of beating Cross and Down teams haven't a great record in the Ulster Club. Whoever wins this match will win Ulster I think! Bderry by 2

What they last won an ulster just under 20 years ago?

Milltown Row2

He said Down teams had a poor record in Ulster, Burren themselves have won it 5 times 3 less than Cross. No a bad record whenever it was. Will we write off Bellaghy's first two?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

everymanaman

Milltown Row2

imtommygunn

It's hard to know how good Burren are after last year. They were so far behind early on that you do wonder did Cross switch off to allow them back in it then the momentum went against cross (who barely held on) or were burren just slow starters and good enough to challenge them.

They're no doubt a good team but whether they are good enough to challenge for ulster yet remains to be seen in my view. This year will tell.

Ballinderry and Cross should be an interesting encounter. I can't see cross winning as handy as the last day but I can't see them losing this either.

I do hope Sludden lets them away with a lot less than they got away with the last day and that is not a wind up dig. They should concentrate on the football.

Put Her Dead

That record is wrong as you have 6 dates in anyway, Burren were beat in the 92 final by Lavey.

The last Down club to win it was Burren in 1988, its 22 years since a Down Club won, and Burren along with Bryansford have won it 7 times between them since the competition records began in 1968.

7 wins in 42, he said down teams hadnt a great record and once every 6 years is hardly something to be shouting from the rooftops about!

whitegoodman

Burren have 6 ulsters, all won in the 80's.

The current team have potential but have a long way to go to be talked about in the same breathe as that team in the 80's.

I expect them to reach the Ulster final because of the side of the draw they are in and to put it up to Cross but to fall short.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Blue and White on November 08, 2011, 09:41:18 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 08, 2011, 09:19:15 PM

That would be the one that got away from Bellaghy, led cross for most of the game if memory serves me correctly only for them to sneak it with a winning point by 'super-sub' Michael moley.  Broke my heart but was a really good game of football!!

Google doe's not have all the answers!!! That was the losing final in 92

Shamrocks forever

Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on November 07, 2011, 11:55:28 PM
Screenexile, on what evidence do you base that prediction? I, to, was at the the Cross/St Galls games and like a previous post of yours on that game, I was in awe of the football Crossmaglen played until they had the game sown up and saw it out. How you could imagine that ballinderry have the slightest chance, I do not know. Having watched them in most of their championship games this year i think that they could get one hell of a stuffing as St galls are a far better team than ballinderry.

Their corner back Morgan will put gilligan in his pocket just like what he did with Niblock although toitally illegally and how the umpires let him off with it was an absolute disgrace. They have no one to mark Clarke and their better players are to old to match the all ireland champions.

Tfal f**k away back to the derry thread and stop running down ballinderry u jealous **** we will see if cross will beat us by 6 pts i seen the st galls and cross game and st galls were rubbish id love to no were u base ur evidence on st galls being a better team than us?Cross are the benchmark but mark my words we dont fear them and we will test them we are itching to get at them now f**k u away of and concentrate on building a team to win a championship within the next 20 years u jealous w**ker write the shamrocks of at ur peril.
In my opinion, Cross will win by at least 6 points proving if proof is needed that derry football is in worst state in a long number of years.
Having said and not being a lover of ballinderry, that I hope the referee and officials will keep a close eye on Crossmaglen as on that day, I rarely saw more cynical off the ball play.

HIGH BALL CENTRE FIELD

Shamrock forever - I would suggest you delete the last post and let TFAL be the fool that he is. Don't fall into his pathetic trap and give him the satisfaction that he is winding us up. As we have done all year and just let the players do the talking on the field. It seems to shut up this p***k and bolster his title as the biggest fool on the board.

UTS!!!!

brokencrossbar1

The closer this game is the less confident I am. With the two lads definitely out there are 2 big holes to fill. Ballinderry really have something to prove and will feel they have a real chance. Good and all as we are we are still very young. Ballinderry definitely have the edge on experience. Here's hoping that big Edna drops another sofa on his foot!

Shamrocks forever

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 08, 2011, 10:19:55 PM
The closer this game is the less confident I am. With the two lads definitely out there are 2 big holes to fill. Ballinderry really have something to prove and will feel they have a real chance. Good and all as we are we are still very young. Ballinderry definitely have the edge on experience. Here's hoping that big Edna drops another sofa on his foot!
Broken crossbar i heard from a man down ur part of the country hanratty is fit to play and apparently so is paul kenan this fella seemed pretty certain? If they dont im sure yous have plenty in reserve when uve the caliber of oisin aaron kernan clarke mckenna etc yous are the team to beat and as i said yous are the benchmark looking forward to the game and testing ourselves agin the best there is which yous are yous have as much experience if not more than us and rightly so are hot favourites going into this game  ;).

sheamy

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 08, 2011, 10:19:55 PM

Some craic...a team that has won an all-ireland lacks experience  :D

The only question is how defensive cross are gonna be. Expect a few extra men dropped back into the hole as everyone on god's earth knows that's a proven way to beat Derry teams. Everyone, except Paddy O'Rourke that is. Sludden (still can't believe that!) needs to punish the cynical fouls too as Ballinderry attempt to come out of defence.

Big Enda has given up the sofas...He's coaching waines in primary schools now. He just needs to watch out a cross bar doesn't fall on him or something. Anyway, he'll be no good to the young bucks of cross. He's nearly your age ffs  :D

OverThePostsAWide

Quote from: OverThePostsAWide on November 05, 2011, 11:26:15 PM
Quote from: Magicsponge on November 04, 2011, 12:47:52 PM
Burren will be a team to watch out for in the near future. Ballinderry are a very good side, but I think St Galls were still the second best team in the competition, on their day they play some really good stuff altough they haven't been at it this year I think they have another couple of years left in them and I can see them wining another Ulster in the future.

Maybe they can regroup and recharge, but I don't see it myself. It's been a long road for the majority of their players and it is showing. They are well able to walk through Antrim with their eyes closed again but even allowing for their injuries this year, I don't see the rejuvenation in the club to match what is ongoing in Cross, Ballinderry, or Burren for that matter.

I might have got the rejuvenation bit wrong. There is an easier way to rejuvenate a club than developing youngsters, apparently. I hear a rumour that Pollock might have another (neighbouring) county forward to keep him company next year (for the times when CJ is suspended / too busy doing hard sums / off at the health spa). A couple of more imports like him and they could be contenders again  ;D