Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2011

Started by drici, May 21, 2011, 12:31:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HiMucker

Quote from: pearseog on November 29, 2011, 10:45:04 PM
If your a senior dropping to intermediate, you have to be accepted by a majority of the intermediate clubs i believe. same from intermediate to junior.

league tables in armagh dont tell the true story. most of the year when the league is played, the teams are without their best players.when championship comes around they are a different side. look at armagh harps. they have had 3 seasons in division 2 now but its only 2 years since they were in the senior final and haven't been beat by anyone but the eventual winners of the championship (cross and pearse og) in 6 or 7 years.

and of course we are the second best side in ulster...sure we're the only team in ulster to beat cross in 6 years!!!  :P
Sure you could say that about every county

crossfire

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on November 30, 2011, 08:21:21 AM
Culloville beat Cross this year in the league.

Edit: This argument about who is second best to Cross went on for years in Armagh. It's now moved on to Ulster. Pointless argument. The Cross ones can just sit back and laugh.

Incorrect.

However they were the only team to beat us in league or championship in 2010.

sheamy

Quote from: crossfire on November 30, 2011, 10:45:51 AM

Edit: This argument about who is second best to Cross went on for years in Armagh. It's now moved on to Ulster. Pointless argument. The Cross ones can just sit back and laugh.

Incorrect.

So Craigbane are the 2nd best team in Ulster then (by 2010 standards)  ;D

nrico2006

Quote from: HiMucker on November 29, 2011, 03:41:03 PM
Just read that all about the grading in Aramgh.  Sounds fair enough if you win the championship you compete at senior the next year.  Tyrone do this aswell, but the team is also promoted to the senior league.  However i think its a bit of a joke that a team in the senior league can compete in the intermediate championship.  How many seasons has culloville been in the top divison?  And am I right in thinking that a team ccould in theory could win the divison one league 10 years on the trot but still be playing in the intermediate championship as they havent won it?  Can the county board veto a teams request to downgrade if they think they are too strong?
The fact that culloville were in four finals in four years tells you that they were consistently at the top of intermediate in aramgh and should have been promoted.

It should definitely be streamlined, with the like of Culloville being made to play Senior.  Were Clann Eireann not in Division 2 this year and yet they played Senior?  As for the leagues not painting a true picture, most counties are in the same boat where alot of the teams are missing county players for the majority of the league.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

fitzroyalty

Quote from: sheamy on November 30, 2011, 10:58:22 AM

Incorrect.

4th. Sarsfields and Maghery both beat them  ;)

crossfire

Quote from: fitzroyalty on November 30, 2011, 11:43:39 AM
Quote from: sheamy on November 30, 2011, 10:58:22 AM

Incorrect.

4th. Sarsfields and Maghery both beat them  ;)

It's getting confusing. Are we still number1.

DuffleKing

I think (could be wrong) that ballyhegan played senior this year from (the very bottom of) division 3 this year

pearseog

Quote from: DuffleKing on November 30, 2011, 08:05:51 PM
I think (could be wrong) that ballyhegan played senior this year from (the very bottom of) division 3 this year

no they were intermediate.

its unfair though to have teams, that when full strength with county players are senior standard playing intermediate championship just because they dont have their players available all year

mountainboii

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 30, 2011, 11:05:18 AM
As for the leagues not painting a true picture, most counties are in the same boat where alot of the teams are missing county players for the majority of the league.

Perhaps then most counties should consider adopting Armagh's league-unlinked championship system.

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: DuffleKing on November 30, 2011, 08:05:51 PM

Think it must be 10 years since Ballyhegan were senior. Think we drew Cross in the first round a couple of times... rattled them early on one year, with an early goal & held them to 8 or 9 points I think.