Longford Slashers    80/1
Summerhill    100/1
Moyle Rovers    200/1

emainmacha

Some photos of the Cross v Ballymacnab game

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16144312@N07/sets/72157627913880604/

Obviously click on thumbnail to see bigger image

drici

(It was raining before the Middletown v Carrickmore game)

sammymaguire

hats off to that record in any man's language
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

brokencrossbar1

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=156655
Ulster games moved for Murphy and McKernan

Donegal's Michael Murphy and Kevin McKernan from Down will be able to play for Ireland in the IRS against Australia after the Ulster Council postponed two of their provincial club quarter-finals.

The duo looked set to miss out after their clubs, Glenswilly and Burren, qualified for the AIB Ulster club SFC quarter-finals, which were fixed to take place on Sunday 30 October. That date would have ruled both players, who were picked as part of the Ireland squad last week, participating in the tour.

Murphy kicked an injury time penalty as Glenswilly defeated Cavan Gaels yesterday while McKernan's Burren retained the Down SFC title on Saturday evening.

This morning the Ulster Council announced that the quarter-finals involving Glenswilly against Latton and Burren against Roslea have been put back two weeks until Sunday 13 November.

The updated Ulster Club schedule is as follows:

30th October

AIB Ulster Senior Club Football Championship Quarter Finals
St. Galls (Antrim) v Crossmaglen Rangers (Armagh) at Casement Park
Dromore / Clonoe (Tyrone) v Ballinderry (Derry) at Healy Park

13th November

AIB Ulster Senior Club Football Championship Quarter Finals
Glenswilly (Donegal) v Latton (Monaghan) at Pairc MacCumhaill
Roslea (Fermanagh) v Burren (Down) at Brewster Park

AIB Ulster Senior Club Football Championship Semi-final
St. Galls / Crossmaglen Rangers v Dromore / Clonoe / Ballinderry

20th November

AIB Ulster Senior Club Football Championship Semi-final
Glenswilly / Latton v Roslea / Burren

27th November

AIB Ulster Senior Club Football Championship final

sammymaguire

Quote from: emainmacha on October 17, 2011, 01:03:54 PM
Some photos of the Cross v Ballymacnab game

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16144312@N07/sets/72157627913880604/

Obviously click on thumbnail to see bigger image

The Ballymacnab players can't use the state of the pitch as an excuse for the defeat. Immaculate.
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

GalwayBayBoy

Only saw the Crossmaglen result in the paper today. Probably been discussed already but how does any football team get to a county final and lose it by 25 points? I know Crossmaglen are an excellent side but still.

BennyCake

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on October 17, 2011, 03:09:02 PM
Only saw the Crossmaglen result in the paper today. Probably been discussed already but how does any football team get to a county final and lose it by 25 points? I know Crossmaglen are an excellent side but still.

Well, it was Ballymacnab's first Senior final appearance.  They were playing Junior football 12 years ago, so it was great progress by the club. 

Armagh Harps are a well established senior side in Armagh city, although not the team they once were.  But Cross beat them 6-12 to 1-6 in the quarter finals.  So that sort of puts yesterday's result in perspective.  Plus, Cross are an awesome side, they may well go the whole way again this year.

bennydorano

Dont know why we have breen brought into the equation for equivocation but Harps had 9 championship debutants this year from our successful minor teams and are an extremely young side, plus we were 2-8 to 1-6 down with 20 mins to go before the wheels came off.

I honest to god could not believe that the Nab gave up wind advantage yesterday in the first half(from reading today's Irish News).  Did he think it was Cross 3rds they were playing?

Cross were playing a Donegal select in preparation(for St Galls presumably) last weekend apparently.  Shows what they are about and no team in armagh can touch them, they are in effect a County team.

trileacman

Crossmaglen   13/8
St Galls   5/2
Burren   10/3
Ballinderry   6/1
Glenswilly   7/1
Latton   28/1
Dromore   33/1
Clonoe   33/1
Roslea   50/1

I don't like the hoors but that is outrageous odds on Dromore.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

bennydorano

As a betting man, the odds on Burren looks the way to go, handy draw to final & then cover yourself.

armaghniac

QuoteAs a betting man, the odds on Burren looks the way to go, handy draw to final & then cover yourself.

And Labrokes will give you 4/1. But Cross/Galls could still be strong favourites for the final, so you might end up at at 2/1 although Burren have two games in between.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Orchardman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 16, 2011, 09:38:53 PM
Quote from: Orchardman on October 16, 2011, 09:07:17 PM
Nothing more sickening in gaa than listening to boys trying to be cute kerry men, playing down their own teams chances and bumming up the opposition! Nothing to do with today, but cross should beat galls. Wudnt have much time for cross but i'd support any armagh club once their in ulster, and it was great watching them make a show of galls last year. Even in the 2007 ulster final i cudn't get over how hype the irish news etc were giving galls in the build up, think they were favourites, yet the gap was fairly clear that day in newry.

What's cute about saying Cross are a better team, are you for real or on the wind up?

No i'm not on the wind up milltown, but i didn't mean it as a dig directly at you. I can understand playing down your own club's chance before a big game, and there's every chance galls might catch cross on the hop in a few weeks time.

Probably on a large scale I know journalists often complain about the gaa is the worst for talking pure tripe about bumming up the opposition. This comes from the county managers and players who naturally arn't going to say anything to give the opposition an motivational poster. The main gripe i have is the first thing you will hear in a player interview after a game is " ah, people wrote us off, no one give us a chance, blah blah" rubbish.

Anyway, i'm off topic!

Cross- burren final on the cards

Milltown Row2

Fair enough I could come on here and be like Marron1  ;D ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea