Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2011

Started by drici, May 21, 2011, 12:31:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

St Galls were marginally better than Ballymacnab - seriously.  Cross were so superior it was unreal, showboating and messing about robbed them of a few more scores, very disappointed with a petulant St Galls, 2 goals from hoofing the ball in took the bad look of the score.  Jamie Clarke ran amok, his goal at the start displayed all his class and cheek.  I thought Aaron cunningham was MOTM, a player I would have had a lot of reservations about, but he was very influential today - had a great game.  Beautiful day for football, when they play Ballinderry in a couple of weeks it could be playing in gutters, so it could be different.  I dont know much about Ballinderry but Cross have moved onto another plain with this 'new' team, I'd be very suprised if they dont lift Ulster after today's showing.

Don Johnson

Any update on Hanratty? Referee could have easily sent him off.

Jerome's videos are class, fair play to him for getting them up so early.

imtommygunn

Cunningham should have walked and shouldn't have been on the pitch to be outstanding.

Cross a million miles the better team. 7 points isn't a true reflection of the difference in the team. Hard to see anyone beating them. Some cracking players who don't play county too.

Hanratty was as badly injured as I've ever seen anyone on a football pitch. Hope he's ok. Should have walked too.

Cross are such a good team - I fail to see why they need to get up to half the stuff they do. So many third men tackles and off the balls. No need for it.

McGourty is an eejit. I think he wanted to get sent off to get out of there.

bennydorano

I saw the Cunningham incident from the far side of the pitch, and my immediate reaction was that he'd nothing to answer tbh.  Cross do what it takes to win, they just did it better than Galls & as i wrote in my previous post I thought Galls were very petulant and wouldn't strike you as a team that have the experience of winning an AI.

Smokin Joe

I thought that McGourty's deliberate follow through when PK was lying on the ground was despicable.  Kernan was lying prone on the ground and CJ just flopped down on top of him giving Kernan a bad injury by the looks of things.

It was obvious that the Cross physio seen what happened as well.

I said in the car before the game that people outside of Armagh just don't realise how good Cross are.  They assume that Cross just keep winning because the standard of football in Armagh are poor, but the reality is that Cross, as a club team, are of a totally different standard to anything that is out there.

Trout

That would be McGourty alright, he wouldn't be too interested man on man but is good at the gutless stuff.
Sinn Fein delivers -

British rule

Milltown Row2

Hanratty got hurt trying to hurt someone else so fcuk him. Have no problem with that. Cross superior team have said it here previous and with no messing. Mentioned winning by 6 i was wrong.

As for benny saying that other armagh teams are good. Shows he knows fcuk all about football. Or can't he count? We were beat by seven. Nab beat by 25!

Football terms Cross on different planet. As said already no need for the messing about.

If the doctor was sent off why was he still on the pitch? Two times they have staff coming on and hitting people from behind!! :)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Quote from: bennydorano on October 30, 2011, 05:54:58 PM
I saw the Cunningham incident from the far side of the pitch, and my immediate reaction was that he'd nothing to answer tbh.  Cross do what it takes to win, they just did it better than Galls & as i wrote in my previous post I thought Galls were very petulant and wouldn't strike you as a team that have the experience of winning an AI.
Nonsense Benny. He took Kelly out, and could have seriously hurt him, and should have seen red. You are either talking about a different incident or have very tainted glasses on there.

At that stage the game was won. They weren't doing what it took to win. They are a great team - great players all over. They just go further with the dirty stuff than they need too. Yes a lot of petulance from st galls too. Mainly CJ McGourty really.

MR that guy was really badly hurt. Either a spine / neck injury to have him go off the way he did. Hopefully just a concussion but looked bad. Irrespective of him going to do Niblock you'd not wish that on anyone.

Milltown Row2

Well if he hurt himself, tough. Reap what ya sow.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 30, 2011, 06:53:57 PM
Hanratty got hurt trying to hurt someone else so fcuk him. Have no problem with that. Cross superior team have said it here previous and with no messing. Mentioned winning by 6 i was wrong.

As for benny saying that other armagh teams are good. Shows he knows fcuk all about football. Or can't he count? We were beat by seven. Nab beat by 25!

Football terms Cross on different planet. As said already no need for the messing about.

If the doctor was sent off why was he still on the pitch? Two times they have staff coming on and hitting people from behind!! :)

No harm Milltown but that's f**king low, he went hard for a ball as did your amn and Johnny smacked his head when he fell. St Galls men I was sitting with agreed with me on that count.   I would have given you more credit than that. 

Gerry was silly for whacking CJ when he went on to PK but in fairness to him it was hard not to hit that wee tr**p.  Cowardly act on PK, knees full force into Aaron when on the ground, the St Galls men themselves said "well at least he'll get his picture in the paper!"  They also said he is the greatest at starting things but the worst at finishing them!

As for the game we were genuinely 10-12 points better than St Galls and only we went to sleep and allowed big Darren those 2 balls we would have won by that and more.  Outside of Kelly and Niblock and the no 9 St Galls had no leaders.  Tactically Lenny got it wrong.  When I heard that O Hare was playing I presumed it would be in FF so that CJ and Niblock would feed off his scraps, even the St Galls men around me couldn't understand why that wasn't done earlier as he was no use whatsoever in MF. 

We won the MF, big david had another storming game as did Johnny till he went off.  We just seemed to have more options for scores than St Galls and the workrate of the forward line to tackle back was exceptional.  If they had taken a few of the scores that were there for the taking in the last 10 minutes it would have capped it off nicely.  Ballinderry will be another step up but if lads get back from injury then there is no reason not to feel confident.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Idiotic to attempt to portray that one match as reflective as Armagh club football as a whole.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

fitzroyalty

Hell of a lot better than Antrim football anyway. Nab, in their first year of Division I, in their first SFC final, got handy side of draw; bye into QF, beat a team relegated from Division I and then beat a team also just promoted from Division II...So I wouldn't judge Armagh football based on them.

In fact, Cross get plenty of hard tests in Armagh, as well as dishing out tankings that they are just as liable to do on the provincial/AI stage.

imtommygunn

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 30, 2011, 07:10:00 PM

No harm Milltown but that's f**king low, he went hard for a ball as did your amn and Johnny smacked his head when he fell. St Galls men I was sitting with agreed with me on that count.   I would have given you more credit than that. 

Gerry was silly for whacking CJ when he went on to PK but in fairness to him it was hard not to hit that wee tr**p.  Cowardly act on PK, knees full force into Aaron when on the ground, the St Galls men themselves said "well at least he'll get his picture in the paper!"  They also said he is the greatest at starting things but the worst at finishing them!

As for the game we were genuinely 10-12 points better than St Galls and only we went to sleep and allowed big Darren those 2 balls we would have won by that and more.  Outside of Kelly and Niblock and the no 9 St Galls had no leaders.  Tactically Lenny got it wrong.  When I heard that O Hare was playing I presumed it would be in FF so that CJ and Niblock would feed off his scraps, even the St Galls men around me couldn't understand why that wasn't done earlier as he was no use whatsoever in MF. 

We won the MF, big david had another storming game as did Johnny till he went off.  We just seemed to have more options for scores than St Galls and the workrate of the forward line to tackle back was exceptional.  If they had taken a few of the scores that were there for the taking in the last 10 minutes it would have capped it off nicely.  Ballinderry will be another step up but if lads get back from injury then there is no reason not to feel confident.

15-20 points better is probably more reflective. I do not understand why O'Hare was in midfield - he would never have had the legs for it.

Your mentors shouldn't be at that - tr**p or not.

Be interesting to see what kind of challenge Ballinderry put up. I'd expect it to be stronger than today's challenge but Cross should still be a good bit too strong. They seem to be getting better and better.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 30, 2011, 07:18:16 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 30, 2011, 07:10:00 PM

15-20 points better is probably more reflective. I do not understand why O'Hare was in midfield - he would never have had the legs for it.

Your mentors shouldn't be at that - tr**p or not.
Be interesting to see what kind of challenge Ballinderry put up. I'd expect it to be stronger than today's challenge but Cross should still be a good bit too strong. They seem to be getting better and better.

I fully agree, Gerry should not have and it was a case of red mist but it was wrong.  Ballinderry will be very hard to beat.  They will feel that they have something to prove against us.  It is a different Cross team than that team that beat them but they will still feel they have to prove a point.

imtommygunn

I thought perhaps your best player today was your number 2. Can't mind his name. Boys that are meant to be your lesser players are marking decent, and Niblock is actually decent at county level,  county players out of it. That's very hard to compete against and gives your other bigger players a freer reign. Clarke more or less unmarkable at that level too.

Based on that I would say you'll win by 4 or 5 against Ballinderry but you'll get more of a game.

Burren I would expect to be your biggest challengers.