Champions league Semi-Finals

Started by new devil, April 13, 2011, 09:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billys Boots

The Pepe sending off was borderline - he definitely went in high with studs showing, but it's unclear (to me anyway) whether the tackle was as bad as Alves seemed to want us to think it was.  However, in the last two clashes, Pepe was 'lucky' to stay on the field (to me he definitely should have gone early enough in the Copa Final), so it was probably karma.  The better side won; Mourinho's pragmatism may be holding that Madrid team back.

And Messi is a joy to behold. 

And Ronaldo isn't.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

paco

For anyone saying all the big decisions favour Barcelona, have a look at last year's semi final. Mourinho had to run out of luck some time. He thrives on controversy and this is the perfect scenario for him, I just can't understand him. He complains about not having enough strikers, persuades the board to sign another in January then leaves them all on the bench  ???

nrico2006

Quote from: clarshack on April 27, 2011, 10:54:38 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on April 27, 2011, 10:46:14 PM
According to Eamon Dunphy only Maradona or George Best would have scored that 2nd goal tonight.

he's probably right.
The real Ronaldo in his prime or Ronaldinho in his prime could have scored that goal
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

johnneycool

Quote from: new devil on April 28, 2011, 03:23:34 AM
Quote from: Blowitupref on April 28, 2011, 02:19:05 AM
Mourinho's post match comments

"Mourinho said a conspiracy between Barcelona and UEFA must exist after the Catalan club came out with a favourable referee decision for the third straight semifinal.

"Every semifinal the same thing always happens. Why? I'll live my whole life with this question but I hope one day to get the answer," Mourinho said. "Why could Chelsea not get to the final two years ago? Last year to get to the final with Inter was a miracle. Why again in this game?"

Guardiola led Barcelona to the 2009 trophy after getting past Chelsea, which had an injury-time penalty claim for a handball waved away. Inter eliminated Barcelona last year despite playing for over an hour with 10 men.

"I don't understand. I don't know if it's publicity for (sponsor) UNICEF or (FIFA and UEFA head of referees committee Angel) Villar's influence in UEFA. They have the power and no one else has a chance."

You can't hide it. Inside (the Catalans) are laughing and enjoying this thinking we're going to (the final at) Wembley. But to win this way must leave a bad taste.

I've won two Champions Leagues and I won them both on the field and they were with two clubs. We won with work, effort, sweat, fight and with a lot of work. Josep Guardiola is a fantastic coach — I repeat he is a fantastic coach — but he won the Champions with the scandal at Stamford Bridge. And if he wins again then it will be affected by today.
"

:o :o That's pretty bad, surely he'll get a big ban for that...If it was the premiership he'd probably get banned for life

if someone like Neil Warnock or Ian Holloway had said it then yes, but not Wenger, Ferguson or the likes.

Rossie11

Agree Paco. The guts of half a billion worth of talent in the squad and he sets his team up to play without the ball!!!

Whilst Barca are no saints I think its unfair to judge their antics in games V Mourinho as he brings the worst out in them.
Barca have played Arsenal, Liverpool and Utd the past few years there is a totally different atmosphere.
When they have been beaten by the likes of Pool and Utd there was no complaining.

However throw Jose into the mix and you see a totally different Barca. Last night was typical of it, turning the sprinklers on him last year was another. Those are embarrassing antics but not the norm.
Antics like Mourinho last night are norm for him and he thrives on it. Win and he is the Special one.
Lose and someone else is always to blame.

Denn Forever

And for those in non Sky land, we get to watch the rematch on TV3.

Can't see the very funny reprise of the Giles/Brady/Dunphy show from last night.  I can't imagine the Tony/Martin show will be as funny.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

magpie seanie

Saw very little of it and it seems that was a good thing. From the highlights etc neither team comes out of it well. Barca whinging, rolling around, thrying to get lads booked and sent off. Real totally negative in approach. Messi's brilliance at the end rose above the stench but the sending off assisted him in doing this. I don't think it was a sending off in a million year. Crazy. Mourinho takes it too far of course but a big (in my view incorrect) decision killed his team so I can understand him being livid.

Norf Tyrone

I can understand Mourinho's paranoia. When UEFA came out and called him 'the enemy of football' they clearly laid open their hatred of the man.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Rossie11

QuoteI can understand Mourinho's paranoia. When UEFA came out and called him 'the enemy of football' they clearly laid open their hatred of the man.
Wonder what Anders Frisks current day job is... 

Blowitupref

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 28, 2011, 10:09:19 AM
According to Eamon Dunphy only Maradona or George Best would have scored that 2nd goal tonight.

he's probably right.
The real Ronaldo in his prime or Ronaldinho in his prime could have scored that goal

Would agree with that.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Rossie11 on April 28, 2011, 01:20:34 PM
QuoteI can understand Mourinho's paranoia. When UEFA came out and called him 'the enemy of football' they clearly laid open their hatred of the man.
Wonder what Anders Frisks current day job is...

Zzzzzzzzzzz. Why does no-one blame Rijkard for this? He was the one who broke the rules.

Norf Tyrone

http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satellite/en/1330054873516/noticia/Noticia/Television_images_show_that_Pepe_did_not_touch_Alves__leg.htm

Alves should be embarassed as should Busquets after seeing this. However Barce continue to be painted as the media darlings.

Bogball XV

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 28, 2011, 10:09:19 AM

he's probably right.
I don't think they could have, not really their style.  Someone earlier mentioned Paddy McCourt and you know, that's maybe not as outrageous a suggestion as people might make it out to be!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48RqQqj9L5I&feature=related

paco

I see you got that picture on the Madrid website, NT. I got the following one from Twitter, posted by a Barcelona based journalist, make your own mind up...

http://twitpic.com/4q9n3y

gallsman

Mourinho really does need to f**k up and take this one on the chin for once.

After the Copa del Rey, Guardiola conceded defeat graciously. Mourinho proceeds to be a terrible winner and spends the week talking about referees and he's so hard done by. Yeah, he's really hard done by with his half a billion euro squad and the extra striker he fought Valdano for but refused to play.

Let's see how Jose's claims about sendings off for his teams against Guardiola's Barcelona before last night stand up.

Busquets-Motta:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwfZwdP66og

Dreadful decision and awful playacting by Busquets. Motta shouldn't have even given him the chance by raising his hand.

Ramos-Messi:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6BHmHIrxjE

Ramos tries to break Messi's ankle in the final seconds of injury time in a match they were losing 5-0.

Villa-Albiol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4wXsTVs-ik

Albiol, as last man, wraps his arm all round Villa's neck and brings him down in the box. If it's a penalty it's a red card. And it is a penalty.

Di María-Messi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S966zTQj3D0

Di Maria picks up a second yellow in the final seconds of the game for a cynical, professional foul.

Wise up José.