Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ross4life

Quote from: Cosmo Kramer on April 24, 2011, 10:18:26 PM
Quote from: ross4life on April 24, 2011, 10:00:45 PM
Quote from: Cosmo Kramer on April 24, 2011, 06:07:23 PM
Forecast is for a week of West of Ireland weather in New York. Rubbish for the Rossie fans going over but probably great news in terms of their chances of winning the game after the inept display yesterday.
When is the last time you have seen us play live?? long gone are the days of big, strong, physical and athletic Roscommon team that play better in the pouring rain.

Last year's Connacht final. I was actually thinking more in terms of lack of high temperatures. It was the heat as much as anything that got Galway into trouble last year.

Quote from: ross4life on April 24, 2011, 10:00:45 PM
As for the fans who cares about the bad weather? i was in NY in March once when it raining everyday & it didn't stop me from having a great time.

I'm sure they'll still have a good time, but I can't imagine any of them will be hoping it pisses rain for the week, if its your holiday for the year you're surely going to want some decent weather.

You seem grumpy today...

Quote from: Rossfan on April 24, 2011, 10:11:08 PM
I have to laugh at the myth which persists in the GAA world about Ros teams being full of big strong horses of bucks who love the muck and the rain.
We must be one of the lightest and smallest teams playing Inter co football today.

I don't think that myth actually exists. The forecast for Sunday in NY is dry but not particularly warm. Would think it would suit an Irish team going over, that's all.

Well holding judgement on two watched performances is not good is it? I just checked the weather looks fairly decent http://www.accuweather.com/us/ny/new-york/10001/forecast-weekends.asp but the real killer is the high humidity that clearly got to Galway last year.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Blowitupref

Chin up rossie, you won 7 of the 8 league games & should have more than enough to defeat NY.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Farrandeelin

Can't understand the Rossie half-pessimistic attitude towards this game! Surely to God ye'll bate these by at least 10 points.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 25, 2011, 09:51:58 PM
Can't understand the Rossie half-pessimistic attitude towards this game! Surely to God ye'll bate these by at least 10 points.

Might have something to do with Galway (Div 1 team) who struggled to beat NY last year.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Carmen Stateside

Whats the spread in this one?  NY missing alot of potential starters because of injury.

Blowitupref

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Blowitupref on April 25, 2011, 09:58:57 PM

Might have something to do with Galway (Div 1 team) who struggled to beat NY last year.

It might, but Galway weren't defending Connacht champions. True, Longford probably would have stopped the Rossie momentum, but I cannot see anything other than an easy win for Roscommon.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 27, 2011, 04:33:53 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on April 25, 2011, 09:58:57 PM

It might, but Galway weren't defending Connacht champions. True, Longford probably would have stopped the Rossie momentum, but I cannot see anything other than an easy win for Roscommon.

Prior to the New york game last year Galway had wins over Dublin &Tyrone if it wasn't the two men getting sent off New york would have won, Yes Roscommon are defending Connacht champions this time around however that will only serve to fire up the NY lads even more.

boojangles

Look out for a lad named Francie Cleary, should be playing round the half forward line. A former club mate of mine. Holds a rare distinction of having represented 3 counties- Cavan at Under 16 and Minor level, London at Senior level and New York at Senior level.

new devil

Quote from: boojangles on April 28, 2011, 12:59:30 AM
Look out for a lad named Francie Cleary, should be playing round the half forward line. A former club mate of mine. Holds a rare distinction of having represented 3 counties- Cavan at Under 16 and Minor level, London at Senior level and New York at Senior level.

If hes starting i won't be wasting $30 paying into it...He couldn't even make the Cork team last year!! Are you sure hes even in the squad?

boojangles

Quote from: new devil on April 28, 2011, 01:01:40 AM
Quote from: boojangles on April 28, 2011, 12:59:30 AM

If hes starting i won't be wasting $30 paying into it...He couldn't even make the Cork team last year!! Are you sure hes even in the squad?

Cop yourself on. A very talented player when he is committed. He didnt make the Cork team for a few games alright (for personal reasons!!) but he has been training hard for this and I hope he starts and proves you wrong.

INDIANA

Quote from: laoisgaa on April 20, 2011, 05:14:23 PM
ppened a few years ago with the new york hurlers in the Ulster Champíonship - I think they won a game and couldn~t field then for the next game in Ireland

couldnt field because their players would never have got back into the USA. Same thing could happen again.

Rossfan

You'd have to laugh at Christy Cooney sayimg it's up to the American Government to fix the situation.  ::) ::)
Maybe we could get them to sort out the Ballagh thing as well while we're at it :D
Anyhow I believe the lads have flown/are flying today .
Hopefully they wil lstill be in the Connacht Championship when flying home.
Otherwise Prenty/Christy will have to get hold of Obama  :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM