Connacht SFC Q/Final London v Mayo 29.5.11 in Ruislip

Started by RedandGreenSniper, April 12, 2011, 01:37:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sligopatriot

Quote from: mannix on May 24, 2011, 02:43:03 PM
Quote from: Sligopatriot on May 24, 2011, 02:05:57 PM
This will be a very close game in my opinion. Mayo much like Sligo will have big heads going into the game. Both sets of players have inflated opinions of their talents. While its very competitive, teams in Connacht are very poor and all teams are on a similar level. With that in mind I think London will win this by one.
Mayo should be more than capable of skating by London using the second 15,provided of course that they do not think they just need to turn up and even then they should be far too strong. Mayo by 10 points or I"ll buy jedwards new album.

People said much the same about Leitrim last weekend. Connacht while poor is very unpredictable and who knows what will happen until the final whistle.

Tatler Jack

Id say even if there is a problem with travel Mayo will find 15 or so Mayo fellows over in England capable of winning this one handy enough!! No comparison with last Sunday - Leitrim are a cut above London. Mayo by at least 10 and maybe a lot more if the London lads lose interest.

ross4life

London's tactics these days are to keep the score down so the Mayo folks have no worries ahead of this exhibition game.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

RedandGreenSniper

Mayo team due to be picked tonight. I've heard one or two surprises but won't say until I hear the full team.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

moysider

Anthony Hennigan in the 'Western' is speculating on a selection based on an a v b match at the weekend. It looked something like this. Hennelly, Cuniffe, Feeney, Geraghty, Feeney, Vaughan, Keegan, O Sé, Kilcullen, Campbell, Dillon, Moran, Doherty, Freeman, Howley. we ll see how close that is?

We know about the injuries to a few. If that is the team there is little surprising apart from the absense of Kevin McLoughlin. Mark Ronaldson and Cathal Freeman took part in this match also. Great to see the panel flexible like this, compared to the crap we had. It has to be anyway with the rate of attrition with injuries.

rosnarun

Quote from: moysider on May 24, 2011, 11:11:32 PM

Anthony Hennigan in the 'Western' is speculating on a selection based on an a v b match at the weekend. It looked something like this. Hennelly, Cuniffe, Feeney, Geraghty, Feeney, Vaughan, Keegan, O Sé, Kilcullen, Campbell, Dillon, Moran, Doherty, Freeman, Howley. we ll see how close that is?

We know about the injuries to a few. If that is the team there is little surprising apart from the absense of Kevin McLoughlin. Mark Ronaldson and Cathal Freeman took part in this match also. Great to see the panel flexible like this, compared to the crap we had. It has to be anyway with the rate of attrition with injuries.
hennigan is just anti ballina 
ronaldson back on the panel and howley starting all we need now is the other trevor to play  instead of doherty.. whose time might come yet
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

mannix

Quote from: rosnarun on May 25, 2011, 01:10:02 AM

We know about the injuries to a few. If that is the team there is little surprising apart from the absense of Kevin McLoughlin. Mark Ronaldson and Cathal Freeman took part in this match also. Great to see the panel flexible like this, compared to the crap we had. It has to be anyway with the

rate of attrition with injuries.

ronaldson back on the panel and howley starting all we need now is the other trevor to play  instead of doherty.. whose time might come ye

You must be joking about Doherty, drop him? For what, lack of scoring threat? It's not like we have another like him. 

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: mannix on May 25, 2011, 03:39:18 AM
Quote from: rosnarun on May 25, 2011, 01:10:02 AM

We know about the injuries to a few. If that is the team there is little surprising apart from the absense of Kevin McLoughlin. Mark Ronaldson and Cathal Freeman took part in this match also. Great to see the panel flexible like this, compared to the crap we had. It has to be anyway with the

rate of attrition with injuries.

ronaldson back on the panel and howley starting all we need now is the other trevor to play  instead of doherty.. whose time might come ye

You must be joking about Doherty, drop him? For what, lack of scoring threat? It's not like we have another like him.

Don't rise to it Mannix!

Tubberman

Team not released yet? No sign on any of the usual sites.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: Tubberman on May 25, 2011, 10:31:26 AM
Team not released yet? No sign on any of the usual sites.

I'm pretty sure it was named last night but I haven't heard the full-time yet. No email has arrived yet anyway.

ballinaman

Mayo Senior Football team to face London:

1) Robert Hennelly
2) Tom Cunniffe
3) Alan Feeney
4) Ger Cafferkey
5) Richie Feeney
6) Donal Vaughan
7) Chris Barrett
8: James Kilcullen
9) Jason Gibbons
10) Aidan Campbell
11) Andy Moran
12) Alan Dillon (Cap)
13) Trevor Howley
14) Alan Freeman
15) Jason Doherty

AbbeySider

Quote from: ballinaman on May 25, 2011, 11:06:15 AM

1) Robert Hennelly
2) Tom Cunniffe 3) Alan Feeney 4) Ger Cafferkey
5) Richie Feeney 6) Donal Vaughan 7) Chris Barrett
8 ) James Kilcullen 9) Jason Gibbons
10) Aidan Campbell 11) Andy Moran 12) Alan Dillon (Cap)
13) Trevor Howley 14) Alan Freeman 15) Jason Doherty

Not a bad team although there are a few eyebrow raisers.

I heard that Jason Gibbons played himself onto it in the past couple of weeks. O Shea might be unlucky not to be starting in the half forward line. A stronger line might be Dillon, AOS, Moran with AOS floating around the middle for kickouts and Moran and Dillon attacking the wings.

Im not sure has Vaughan done much to be starting, let alone be playing centre back after being so long out but we will soon find out. I guess they wont risk Cafferkey, there any longer. Howley will play the sweeping role which suits him down to the ground.

Barrett has it all to do to keep McGloughlin off the team so he is playing to keep his place.

Who exactly is injured?

kevmy

Quote from: AbbeySider on May 25, 2011, 11:29:28 AM

1) Robert Hennelly

I heard that Jason Gibbons played himself onto it in the past couple of weeks. O Shea might be unlucky not to be starting in the half forward line. A stronger line might be Dillon, AOS, Moran with AOS floating around the middle for kickouts and Moran and Dillon attacking the wings.

Im not sure has Vaughan done much to be starting, let alone be playing centre back after being so long out but we will soon find out. I guess they wont risk Cafferkey, there any longer. Howley will play the sweeping role which suits him down to the ground.

Barrett has it all to do to keep McGloughlin off the team so he is playing to keep his place.

Who exactly is injured?

According to WJ over at Green and Red; McGarrity, Higgins and S O'Sé.

Have to say I think they team isn't bad at all given the players that are out. I like the 2 Feeneys in there and Cunniffe at CB. McLoughlin could consider himself unlucky against Barrett and A O'Sé would be in with a shout around midfield - although I suspect we'll see him at some stage.

Judging by subs bench below is Douglas also still out? And is Ronaldson really back on the panel no sign of him on the bench?

Subs Bench:
16) David Clarke - Ballina Stephenites
17) Dermot Geraghty - Shrule-Glencorrib
18) Peadar Gardiner - Crossmolina
19) Aidan O'Shea - Breaffy
20) Eoghan O'Reilly - Castlebar Mitchels
21) Lee Keegan - Westport
22) Trevor Mortimer - Shrule-Glencorrib
23) Kevin McLoughlin - Knockmore
24) Cillian O'Connor - Ballintubber
25) James Burke - Ballymun Kickhams
26) Enda Varley - Garrymore

AbbeySider

Quote from: kevmy on May 25, 2011, 12:00:06 PM
Quote from: AbbeySider on May 25, 2011, 11:29:28 AM

1) Robert Hennelly

Who exactly is injured?

According to WJ over at Green and Red; McGarrity, Higgins and S O'Sé.

Have to say I think they team isn't bad at all given the players that are out. I like the 2 Feeneys in there and Cunniffe at CB. McLoughlin could consider himself unlucky against Barrett and A O'Sé would be in with a shout around midfield - although I suspect we'll see him at some stage.

Judging by subs bench below is Douglas also still out? And is Ronaldson really back on the panel no sign of him on the bench?

Subs Bench:
16) David Clarke - Ballina Stephenites
17) Dermot Geraghty - Shrule-Glencorrib
18) Peadar Gardiner - Crossmolina
19) Aidan O'Shea - Breaffy
20) Eoghan O'Reilly - Castlebar Mitchels
21) Lee Keegan - Westport
22) Trevor Mortimer - Shrule-Glencorrib
23) Kevin McLoughlin - Knockmore
24) Cillian O'Connor - Ballintubber
25) James Burke - Ballymun Kickhams
26) Enda Varley - Garrymore

I think the panel is down to 30-31 players travelling with only 26 allowed to be named on the program for Championship. I dont know anything about Ronaldson or Douglas but Rochford and Dolan might be gone. Im just going on rumours though.