An Mhí vs Tír Eoghain, Navan, 10th April, 2011

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 03, 2011, 11:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Nicely set up now as a must-win for both counties: Meath to avoid relegation, and Tyrone to entertain any hopes of promotion.

The Meath lads didn't seem to enjoy life in Division II, so maybe we can do them a good turn and relieve them of their discomfort and dispatch them southwards. Not that we'd enjoy that of course  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Fear ón Srath Bán

You saying your boys are getting tooled up with the knuckledusters (again) Jinxy?  :D

Jinxy

It's the only way they'll get the crowd to stay till the end.

thejuice

Ah, the easiest game saved for the last..............................

but for whom??  :P

On a serious note, will there be a minutes silence for Ronan Kerr held before the game or was there one respected during todays games?

RIP
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: thejuice on April 04, 2011, 12:29:34 AM
On a serious note, will there be a minutes silence for Ronan Kerr held before the game or was there one respected during todays games?

RIP

There was a well observed one today Juice

ziggysego

Just because Tyrone did yas a favour in the Leinster Final last year, don't bf expecting Abu favours in this game.
Testing Accessibility

Minder

What is the criteria for promotion when level on points? Head to head when it is two teams and points difference if more than two?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Jinxy

Ah yeah, it's in the bag.
Keep talking about promotion.

rrhf

It would be interesting to do a survey of Tyronies this week to see what would give the greater satisfaction to win the division 2 title or to relegate Meath to the depths of division 3.  To be honest I think other teams will win the battle for 2nd place so we need to make sure that we can tip the royals into division 3 if we can.  A trip to Navan for Tyrone will be difficult enough but the sight of the red and white jerseys are sure to give the locals the smell of blood.  So nothing to be taken for granted, theres a bloody history, theres a tradition of Meath winning.  Can Hartes team finally overcome a hurdle that they have yet to scale?

Jinxy

rrhf

I like your confidence, maybe a sign that Meath feel all they have to do is turn up, kick a few Tyronies on the deck, throw a ball or 2 into the net and they will win...

rrhf

Undoubtedly we will give the 2010 Leinster champions the proper respect.... on our way through Drogheda we will doth our caps. 

thejuice

Quote from: rrhf on April 04, 2011, 09:44:27 AM
I like your confidence, maybe a sign that Meath feel all they have to do is turn up, kick a few Tyronies on the deck, throw a ball or 2 into the net and they will win...

well we've tried playing football and look where that got us. Throwing balls and kicking them when their down is probably worth a try at this stage.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Jinxy

Quote from: rrhf on April 04, 2011, 09:44:27 AM

I'd settle for just turning up and kicking a few Tyronies at this stage.