explosion in omagh

Started by randomtask, April 02, 2011, 05:20:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bailestil

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on April 05, 2011, 12:09:30 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-12970715

says it all.  is this the next slant on it from the neanderthals....bad enough being a catholic in the psni, but worse again if ye play the old gaa.....

The great bastian of Gaelic Games that is the Bog and Derry City and general.  ::)

Won't find to many of these grafitii artists up in Celtic Park on a sunday celebrating their irish culture. More likely up in the metro bar shouting on Chelsea.

Bogball XV

What is particularly sad about this tragedy is that someone he knew or at least someone from his community passed on the information that resulted in this murder.

Minder

Read in the Times today that they are investigating possible infiltration of the PSNI by the dissidents.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

HiMucker

Quote from: Bogball XV on April 05, 2011, 12:26:59 PM
What is particularly sad about this tragedy is that someone he knew or at least someone from his community passed on the information that resulted in this murder.
Thats what my father said as well, but I would have thought it would be easy enough for these scum bags to find out information if they were looking to skill someone.  Even over hearing somebody in a bar is all it can take

new devil

Quote from: Minder on April 05, 2011, 12:29:58 PM
Read in the Times today that they are investigating possible infiltration of the PSNI by the dissidents.

Would probably be easy enough done now than in the past....

Like carmen stateside i knew his brother from when he was out playing with us a few years ago he was a great lad like i've heard Ronan was
These bastards have to be stopped and i hope if anyone knows anything about this they will come forward

This has really showed how far things have come in the north this last 10/15 years with the public outcry

RIP Ronan

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

RIP Ronan
God bless your mother and family, my thoughts go with them.
Tbc....

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: AQMP on April 05, 2011, 12:14:37 PM
"GAA cops look what use got"  Says it all about their level of intelligence really ::)

One positive to take from the awful graffiti in the Bogside this morning was that local lads (twenty somethings) came out early on and cleaned it off the walls.
Tbc....

EC Unique

£50k reward for information leading to conviction should hopefully help. People may know something but are afraid to come forward but this will help them.

Doogie Browser

Any lads going to the wake/funeral?

whiskeysteve

Quote from: bailestil on April 05, 2011, 12:25:09 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on April 05, 2011, 12:09:30 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-12970715

says it all.  is this the next slant on it from the neanderthals....bad enough being a catholic in the psni, but worse again if ye play the old gaa.....

The great bastian of Gaelic Games that is the Bog and Derry City and general.  ::)

Won't find to many of these grafitii artists up in Celtic Park on a sunday celebrating their irish culture. More likely up in the metro bar shouting on Chelsea.

+1

Had a brief trawl through that Irish Republican forum referred to on page 2 or 3 around that time, took a notion to look at the wider threads. The general discussion had a tiny thread for GAA, the Celtic and premiership threads were huge in comparison, i mean massively bigger.

Very little Gaelic culture, or any culture to be found with that crowd. Ironically, they would have more culture in common with their dissident Loyalist counterparts.

I say this with sadness and not anger; they are just scum. Sadness that they grew up in an environment that helped shaped them into what they are, and pushed them on a bloody path to nowhere.

With no trace of sympathy towards them, I would say that in many ways they are victims themselves.

RIP Ronan Kerr
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

theskull1

Quote from: whiskeysteve on April 05, 2011, 03:00:44 PM
+1

Had a brief trawl through that Irish Republican forum referred to on page 2 or 3 around that time, took a notion to look at the wider threads. The general discussion had a tiny thread for GAA, the Celtic and premiership threads were huge in comparison, i mean massively bigger.

Very little Gaelic culture, or any culture to be found with that crowd. Ironically, they would have more culture in common with their dissident Loyalist counterparts.

I say this with sadness and not anger; they are just scum. Sadness that they grew up in an environment that helped shaped them into what they are, and pushed them on a bloody path to nowhere.

With no trace of sympathy towards them, I would say that in many ways they are victims themselves.

RIP Ronan Kerr

Good post steve
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

stew

I feel for the poor lads family, awful stuff altogether.

RIP Ronan.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

The Iceman

So I think I asked this before but I'll go again:
Why is nothing done at the community level? Where are the old boys? Why are these things allowed to happen?

Take Armagh for example; I know who a lot of these so called "continuity" boys are and I have been gone for years. I'd say we all do in our home towns. If people are against this new campaign then how can these people continue to walk the streets.
Are people afraid of them? Secretly support them? Couldn't care less?

Where are the old brigade? Surely if they are in support of the political process then they are not also in support of this new campaign? Are they not able to dish out some community justice and put a stop to this?

Interested in people's thoughts on this......
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Minder

I think these fellas have more support than we are led to believe over the last few days, and probably have a few secret admirers on this board.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Applesisapples

Quote from: Minder on April 05, 2011, 04:53:47 PM
I think these fellas have more support than we are led to believe over the last few days, and probably have a few secret admirers on this board.
No I can't agree with that. The majority of people on this Island in general and the North in particular do not want to go back to those days. Just look at the electoral support SF and the SDLP get. Why should we as nationalists allow the PSNI to be the armed wing of Unionism...Get in there and make a difference. One thing the peace process has proven is that change can only come from within. There is no place in our society now for this type of attack.