six county elections 05/05/2011

Started by rossie mad, March 23, 2011, 10:38:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone86

Quote from: Maguire01 on March 28, 2011, 06:07:36 PM
Quote from: lawnseed on March 27, 2011, 09:47:54 PM
stoops out of the traps early
SF have their posters up in West and North Belfast. Apparently up the day after the Assembly dissolved (last Thursday), although I only noticed them on the roads i'd be on today.

On another note, my polling card arrived today. Seems very early.

It does seem very early but it's a good idea - if you haven't received one then you have another fortnight to make sure you're on the register. 

Maguire01

Quote from: The Worker on March 28, 2011, 06:10:05 PM
are the stoops going down the route of putting 'z listers' up for election this time again?

went down like a lead ballon with mc kinney that last time.
Gallagher is standing again in FST. McKinney is 'behind the scenes' with his campaign apparently.

Apart from the Ulster Unioinists, I haven't seen any party publish their full list of candidates yet.

Banana Man

see the shinners have their posters out around spricefield - ''showing leadership across ireland'' - they've been there for 2 days now, didn't think they would have lasted a night, changed times?

Ulick

Eugene McMenamin has resigned from the SDLP and will be standing as an Independent in West Tyrone.

Feckitt

The deadline to register to vote is fast approaching (14 April).

Is your brother/sister/friend/neighbour registered to vote.  Encourage your friends and family to get registered so they can cast their vote

If you are not sure if you are registered then go to

http://www.eoni.org.uk/ or phone 0800 4320 712.  It's simple!

Maguire01

Seriously, WTF is the story with the DUP election video? It has just been on BBC:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dn-QDLA0DzU

A couple get up at 8 o'clock at night, have a shower, have breakfast and start decorating a room in the daylight.  :-\

lawnseed

Quote from: Maguire01 on April 04, 2011, 07:03:34 PM
Seriously, WTF is the story with the DUP election video? It has just been on BBC:

A couple get up at 8 o'clock at night, have a shower, have breakfast and start decorating a room in the daylight.  :-\
well spotted, maybe thats what prods do? is this why they are getting scarce..? something has upset their breeding habits.. like poultry :o  :D
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Orangemac

A bit weird all right. Think the gist of it is that the North would be a mess without the DUP.Seems to have claimed credit for everything in the North. Was waiting to hear that Gregory Campbell helped Graeme McDowell with his short game.

Actually was encouraged by this No pictures of the Pope or men in balaclavas. Was waiting for the punchine that the room would be 1 big Union Jack when they finished but it never came.

lawnseed

only surprised yer man wasnt wearing parachute gear... ;)

trileacman

Quote from: lawnseed on April 04, 2011, 10:45:06 PM

well spotted, maybe thats what prods do? is this why they are getting scarce..? something has upset their breeding habits.. like poultry :o  :D
Drinking out of glass cups too, who the f**k are these freaks?
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

lawnseed

theyre prods..  :) a typical young prod couple.. hes a cop and shes a council admin worker.. they own matching vauxall nova's his is the sporty one, they attend church once a month.. and fly to the canaries after the twelth fortnight for 10 days (he needs the overtime drumcree etc..) he follows rallying.. she goes to her ma's alot.. he met her in the coach in banbridge but he knew her from school.. they have no kids and may have one or two but no more because theres no room in the nova.. they may vote dup but are more likely not to bother.. whats the point and they are good at decorating but no good at setting the clock ;)

Aerlik

:D, like it lawnseed.

To my fellow East Derry heirs, what is the craic with that constituency? 
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

LeoMc

Here is a good breakdown of West Tyrone, along with Strangford, East Belfast and North Down.

http://1690andallthat.blogspot.com/2011/03/election-2012-constituency-profiles.html

ziggysego

I was told yesterday by a politics student that if you don't vote, your vote automatically goes to the candidate with the most votes. I find this hard to believe, but she was adamant about this. Does anyone if this is true?

She says if you truly don't want to vote, as you don't have a preferred candidate or party, you should spoil your vote.
Testing Accessibility

AQMP

Quote from: ziggysego on April 05, 2011, 08:57:02 AM
I was told yesterday by a politics student that if you don't vote, your vote automatically goes to the candidate with the most votes. I find this hard to believe, but she was adamant about this. Does anyone if this is true?

She says if you truly don't want to vote, as you don't have a preferred candidate or party, you should spoil your vote.

Ziggy, I'm no expert on electoral law but this would appear to be complete and utter ballix and even for the North a kick in the plums for democracy.  WTF are they teaching politics students these days...wasn't like this in my day when 'A' Levels were hard. ;)