six county elections 05/05/2011

Started by rossie mad, March 23, 2011, 10:38:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Quote from: ziggysego on March 24, 2011, 12:24:43 AM
Quote from: Ulick on March 23, 2011, 08:41:40 PM
In my opinion Sinn Féin targets for this election will be:

West Tyrone: Kieran Deeny won't be running, Pat Doherty increased the vote share and the stoops have been dead in the water here for some time.

Kieran Deeny isn't running this time, but Independent Councillor (formerly of SDLP) Pat McGowan MBE will be standing as an Independent. I'm be sure he'd get Kieran's seat.
I wouldn't pile any money on that. The main point to remember is that the SDLP had a full quota the last time, even with Deeny running, but spread over 3 candidates - they had over 14.5% of first preferences in comparison to Deeny's 9.1%. If they can manage the same votes for one candidate this time, they could potentially get over the line on the first count. And that's not considering some of Deeny's votes that should come back to the SDLP.

Maguire01

Also, the analysis on arc.ac.uk on this constituency, based on last year's GE result is:

A solid performance from SF in one of their stronger constituencies. If these votes were cast in a six-seat Assembly election, the SDLP would win the seat currently held by Kieran Deeny, SF would retain their three, and the UUP/UCUNF would gain a seat from the DUP.

Maguire01

Quote from: Sandino on March 24, 2011, 10:42:43 AM
Crazy  stuff on  the Nolan show this morning. The UUP in meltdown live on air. Tom will do some job to repair this out fall.
Just listened to it - great stuff. McNarry is a disaster.

ziggysego

Quote from: Maguire01 on March 24, 2011, 07:31:59 PM
Quote from: Sandino on March 24, 2011, 10:42:43 AM
Crazy  stuff on  the Nolan show this morning. The UUP in meltdown live on air. Tom will do some job to repair this out fall.
Just listened to it - great stuff. McNarry is a disaster.

Never had much time for McNarry.

I was disappointed that McCrea didn't win the UUP Leadership Contest. He would have provided a positive and progressive voice.
Testing Accessibility

Feckitt

Good analysis there on West Tyrone from Fionntamhnach.  Anyone else want to have a go on their own constituency?

lawnseed

stoops out of the traps early thomas o' hanlon has his hidious grin all round armagh and keady ::)
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Maguire01

Quote from: lawnseed on March 27, 2011, 09:47:54 PM
stoops out of the traps early thomas o' hanlon has his hidious grin all round armagh and keady ::)
I'm sure we could cite numerous posters of hideous grins across all parties. Would you have 'rolled eyes' if it had been a SF candidate's poster? That's a pretty juvenile post.

Maguire01

Quote from: ziggysego on March 25, 2011, 12:52:39 AM
I was disappointed that McCrea didn't win the UUP Leadership Contest. He would have provided a positive and progressive voice.
Agreed, but the party would have imploded even more quickly and dramatically than it is now.

ziggysego

Quote from: Maguire01 on March 27, 2011, 10:15:21 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on March 25, 2011, 12:52:39 AM
Agreed, but the party would have imploded even more quickly and dramatically than it is now.

Sadly, you're probably right.
Testing Accessibility

lawnseed

Quote from: Maguire01 on March 27, 2011, 10:06:43 PM
I'm sure we could cite numerous posters of hideous grins across all parties. Would you have 'rolled eyes' if it had been a SF candidate's poster? That's a pretty juvenile post.
hidious and disturbing

Maguire01

Quote from: lawnseed on March 27, 2011, 10:29:37 PM
hidious and disturbing
Hideous, even.

The Worker

Quote from: Maguire01 on March 27, 2011, 10:32:41 PM
hidious and disturbing
Hideous, even.

very churlish

lawnseed

Quote from: The Worker on March 27, 2011, 10:34:33 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on March 27, 2011, 10:32:41 PM
hidious and disturbing
Hideous, even.

very churlish
menacing. like an expectant gargoyle just waiting to put speed ramps all over the country and point to dead animals lying in the forestry shaking his head for the gazette..

Maguire01

stoops out of the traps early
SF have their posters up in West and North Belfast. Apparently up the day after the Assembly dissolved (last Thursday), although I only noticed them on the roads i'd be on today.

On another note, my polling card arrived today. Seems very early.

The Worker

are the stoops going down the route of putting 'z listers' up for election this time again?

went down like a lead ballon with mc kinney that last time.