Paddy O'Rourke Out!

Started by tevez, February 28, 2011, 10:29:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onefaircounty

Poor form the line today.

John Martin

It wasn't lost on the line though, no-one could've handled Bradley today. And Lynch was fairly lively too.

onefaircounty

Quote from: John Martin on June 19, 2011, 04:14:52 PM
It wasn't lost on the line though, no-one could've handled Bradley today. And Lynch was fairly lively too.

Surely dropping a man back in front of Bradley was the obvious thing to do from about five minutes in?

Carmen Stateside

Mallon should have been on him from the start, or at least after Donaghys yellow.  Mallon seemed to slip for Bradleys goal.
Mc Keever was never going to handle him.

Orior

Why oh why oh why did Paddy bring on Johnny Murtagh? He ran around like a blue arse fly and did nothing. One of the men he could have brought on though was sitting in the stand behind me (SK).
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

lawnseed

totally devoid of a gameplan, far too slow to make changes cant understand why he left paul duffy out, stupid to put mckeever at fullback when he was the main source of dirty ball at mf. this campaign is over for armagh its not paddys fault our county board should have grown a pair and sacked him 6 months ago.
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

tonto1888

Quote from: lawnseed on June 19, 2011, 09:49:59 PM
totally devoid of a gameplan, far too slow to make changes cant understand why he left paul duffy out, stupid to put mckeever at fullback when he was the main source of dirty ball at mf. this campaign is over for armagh its not paddys fault our county board should have grown a pair and sacked him 6 months ago.

bbc  indicated duffy tweaked a hamstring or something which is why he didnt start. Cant put 2 good performances together in championship football under POR, has to be something there

Orior

Anyone know why Grugan did not come on instead of Murtagh?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

NP 76

Surprised at that myself orior after all the praise that Por heaped on him after the Mc Kenna cup game against Down . He referred to him as the next Martin Clarke or words to that effect if memory serves me right

PAULD123

I believe that Armagh suffered from the whole hype of the Down game. The attitude Armagh displayed in that game was fantastic. It is all to frequent in sport that when a team digs so deep for a result they rarely do it in the following match. Armagh are not a bad team but were wiped out in midfield and also misplaced an incredible amount of forward passes. It actually sounds like the precise criticism that we levelled at Down after the last match.

In our match Armagh clearly wanted it more, in this match Derry were the team to show that attitude.

For all my misgivings about Paddy O'Rourke, I think it is short-sighted to try to blame him for this result. Yeah he could have helped out with a few tactical changes or instructions but lets face it, Derry were more determined at every position on the pitch to get their hands to the ball first. That's not POR's fault. The players lost it, POR just didn't help.

Fuzzman

Pauld do you not think that when a manager sees his MF getting cleaned out that much that he should know that he either needs to sort out his MF or if he can't do that then he needs to deploy another man in front of Derry's best player.

Would ye leave Gooch one on one with Gordon all game?
Of course it was the players that should foot the bill but they seemed shell shocked at how Derry dominated all over the pitch. Do you think Jim McGuiness would have left only one man on Bradley when he saw what he was capable of yesterday. He has more balls to say to hell with what the media and fans think. Bradley needs to be stopped at all costs or he's gonna tear us to shreds.

BerfArmagh

Paddy was out-thought on the sideline, granted & his management team seem to be slow to make the correct decisions quickly & when it matters. That aside, I think he has brought a lot of passion back into the team and the team seem to be content enough with him. It was always going to be a slow & painful rebuilding period after the highs of the past 10 years. To be honest, I think he is doing as well as can be expected with what is available to him, lose a couple of pleayers and we just don'thave quality replacements on the bench. Many players underperformed yesterday..... thats why we were beaten

tevez

For those who ever backed O'Rourke yesterday certainly showed yous up. Brennan totally showed him up on the line with his decisions.
How did Vincie Martin start. Hes slow useless and should be nowhere near the team and then getting him to mark Lynch. Is O'Rourke on a different planet? Lynch is a flying machine was always going to destroy him. Then he leaves him on him  to he gets injured. Brennan switched Brian Og after 10 mins. Next thing yes he was right to try and play the same way against down but after 10 15 mins a blind man could see we were having serious problems in the full back line especially with eoin bradley. He had to be double marked i.e a sweeper which we played to beat them last year. A gud manager has to be able to switch the gameplan if its not working. I have seen Mickey Harte do it so many times if his full back line getting destroyed he changes it and will bring joe mcmahon or someone back in front of them.  These games are won by small thing on the field and by decisions made on the line. Our problem is we have the weakest line probably in the country. Such a joke. Joe Brolly summed it up exactly "Paddy O'Rourke is just a bad manager."
Why did our county board employ this tube and why do they continue to employ him!
Everything and I mean every resource and every gaa person in the county should be working from now on getting McGeeney into the Armagh job for next year!!!!!!

PAULD123

Quote from: tevez on June 20, 2011, 05:20:00 PM
....Everything and I mean every resource and every gaa person in the county should be working from now on getting McGeeney into the Armagh job for next year!!!!!!

Tevez, I think there is a near mythological obsession with McGeeny. He has failed to get Kildare out of Division 2 and I honestly belive they will lose to Dublin next week. Where will that leave McGeeney as this great manager that you so desperately want? It will leave him in exactly the same place as Armagh are right now. Of course they might win but I honestly belive Dublin have too much for them. You have to remember that McGeeney has one excellent championship run behind him, but that came with two bad league campaigns. Also they rode their luck in the championship with an escape against Antrim. They could easily have been the nobody's of 2010.

Sometimes the grass is greener!!!!

tevez

To be fair Kildare are a very limited team in my opinion. They have no Jamie Clarke in there forward line or a player like Ciaran Mc'keever in their defence. He has done wonders with that panel of players with Kildare. Plus and this is the main point the players in Armagh would jump through hopes to get him in. They would do anything. There is so much respect there. Do you think they would do the same for O'Rourke.
Finally I am realistic that McGeeney may not happen but it should be vigoursly pursued. Anyway there are plenty of other Armagh men who could do a much better job and are far more astute than Paddy "clueless" O'Rourke.