Paddy O'Rourke Out!

Started by tevez, February 28, 2011, 10:29:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armamike

The bottom line with Armagh is that they don't look like a well drilled team at the minute, not playing with much cohesion.  The buck stops with the management for that. Maybe things will pick up for the championship, would doubt it though. If the likes of the two Clarkes are there for the championship we'll probably be relying on individual brilliance rather than fantastic team play.
That's just, like your opinion man.

whitegoodman

Quote from: PAULD123 on March 29, 2011, 01:46:21 PM
Quote from: PAULD123 on March 28, 2011, 06:27:43 PM
However the above just shows that comparing badges is totally meaningless. If you go down the route of comparing badges everyone just ends up pulling awards from everywhere and each roll call looks as convincing as the other in its own rights. But it is irrelevant what has happened in the past. All that matters is the current team standard, not their standard 2,5 or 10 years ago.

As I said the roll call thing is just a load of hot air. Must say, I am fascinated by how readily people will take up a childish argument just because someone else makes it. Good fun for me anyway!

But on a serious note (and this one isn't a wind up like before) I do believe that we will win and I am entitled to my opinion. It is not based on ridiculous over confidence it is based on reasonable confidence. Currently we are playing better than Armagh. Our boys have a system in place and are working at it with clear progress. Armagh patently do not have their players playing to a system that gets the best out of them (hence this thread). The two sets of players are roughly similarly talented. Thus my conclusion is that I expect us to win as, on the day, we should be the team that is getting the most out of our players. It's a fairly simple conclusion and not boastful or over-confident. It is not arrogant or foolish.

I don't think that opinion is unreasonable. I also don't believe in dishonesty to save face, I've no time for cute hoorism. I think we will win and i am willing to stick my neck out an say it.

Finally on the subject of this thread - As I just wrote above, the reason I think we will win is in no small part to the fact that I see our team as better prepared and organised than the similar Armagh. Therefore I think we will win in no small part due to the inadequacies of the POR. In my opinion POR is a bluffer and a poor manager. The only thing remaining is to say whether or not he should be sacked. I think probably not, because as of now you have no reasonable alternative. If you find one then maybe yes he should be replaced. Basically he may not be the best man for the job but he is the best man right now!

I have noted now on a few occassions ur reference to POR as a bluffer.  What exactly have u done in ur football and management career to call him a bluffer?

A poor tactician, a poor manager maybe, but the one thing he is not is a bluffer and if u ever met the man u would realise this!!

Rediculous comment

Agent Orange

Lot of nonsense on this thread from both sides. Paddy is doing a job and doing it well. He`ll get another year at least.

ardchieftain

Kernan_is_King

Bring back the real manager!

But then the same voices called for his removal because of the lack of half forwards, and using SK, when the alternatives have not proven any better.
Big Joe - Big Future!

Agent Orange

Quote from: Kernan_is_King on March 31, 2011, 10:47:55 AM
Bring back the real manager!

But then the same voices called for his removal because of the lack of half forwards, and using SK, when the alternatives have not proven any better.

I wonder if the people calling for Paddy O`Rourke to go were also calling for Big Joe to go a few years ago. I`d bet none of these eejits have ever played or manged at any level, never mind county.

lawnseed

Quote from: Agent Orange on March 30, 2011, 09:59:50 PM
Lot of nonsense on this thread from both sides. Paddy is doing a job and doing it well. He`ll get another year at least.

you were saying?....  ::)
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Agent Orange

Quote from: lawnseed on April 03, 2011, 07:38:36 PM

Another year at least. He is doing ok. Division 1 status is as good as secured, what more do we want?

Brick Tamlin

(Pitchforks at the ready)

Agent Orange

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on April 03, 2011, 08:19:32 PM
(Pitchforks at the ready)

They will stab him in the back, they did it to Big Joe.

ardchieftain

Agent orange, were you at any of Armagh's games this year ?
The management is a joke. Even schoolchildren made comments about the lack of switches. Says it all.
o'rourke is so far out of his depth it's mindblowing

ck

Totally agree. O'Rourke is clueless. People could not understand the decision to appoint him. No wtheir worst fears are coming back to bite.
To compound this, his backroom staff are limited. Game plans are ropey. Training is poor. Players are not happy.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ck on April 03, 2011, 09:32:05 PM
Totally agree. O'Rourke is clueless. People could not understand the decision to appoint him. No wtheir worst fears are coming back to bite.
To compound this, his backroom staff are limited. Game plans are ropey. Training is poor. Players are not happy.

If you named a team with the best players in Armagh, would they have beaten Galway today? This is a stupid thread and should not be on here. I'd say confidently that none of the prats wanting him to leave would have any experience of managing or even playing at a decent level. Playing that is, not part of the panel!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

whitegoodman

Ck seems to think there is another fermanagh fiasco on the way or worse still cork or limerick. Pity nobody else seems to have heard about this. Me think one of his mates was dropped from the panel earlier in the year and is rightly unhappy, other than that its a load of horseshit

Stevie Nicks

Quote from: Agent Orange on April 03, 2011, 08:18:09 PM
Quote from: lawnseed on April 03, 2011, 07:38:36 PM

Another year at least. He is doing ok. Division 1 status is as good as secured, what more do we want?
[/b]

Think you will find if Galway beat the Dubs next Sunday we go down unless by some miracle we get something out of trip to Cork