Paddy O'Rourke Out!

Started by tevez, February 28, 2011, 10:29:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitegoodman

Would por not be under a bit of pressure to use mccurn as much as possible given his reported annual salary. Stil that doesn't excuse mccurn taking football sessions. I thought Sean o hare was the football trainer this year anyway, he seemed to take the 6 on 6 football drill before the match on Saturday night.

I do struggle to believe that the players don't respect por. He may have faults but he was a players manager with down, as said before benny and the rest of the boys all loved him and that may have hurt him in the end as he grew too close to the players and was too loyal to some. I duno maybe its different with the orchard men

winsamsoon

Quote from: ogshead on March 02, 2011, 10:54:01 PM
There seems to be a lot of people speaking on the behalf of the players here

Was thinking that myself and wondering how they are coming to these conclusions that the players have no respect for the management. I would say (pure speculation) if someone has been talking out of school that it is only a small select few that are disgruntled and the majority of lads are singing from the same hymn sheet
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Man Marker

This is a sick thread, I must say on reading this thread my immediate reaction was that some of you boys don't deserve a successful county team, truly pathetic

mackers

Quote from: Man Marker on March 03, 2011, 11:41:51 AM
This is a sick thread, I must say on reading this thread my immediate reaction was that some of you boys don't deserve a successful county team, truly pathetic
As I posted earlier I don't agree with the thrust of the thread but Jaysus MM that reaction is a little OTT. :o
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

winsamsoon

Whether you think it sick or not people are entitled to their opinion. That includes whether or not a manager must stay or go. IMO POR has done nothing wrong to deserve this criticism. He may have made a few mistakes but show me a manager that hasn't. I think some of the things are disrespectful but the majority of the posts are based on football. But anything personal is out of line.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

get up there

there is an old saying that,, louse lips sink ships ,, lets get behind armagh and por this kind of bickering helps nobody only the opposition

lawnseed

from 99 until 2002 armagh were considered an average team yet during that period only teams that went on to win sam beat them in the latter stages of the championship. defeat is a little easier to swallow when the teams are meath,galway,and kerry. about lads not making it on to the starting 15 in other counties think of ger reid, cathal o'rourke, hughesy,andrew mccann, this 'not good enough' argument doesn't hold water these lads took a great kerry team to the pin of their collar- twice! in games that made it into the top ten games of all time. the truth is 'por is poor' he has failed to light a fire under what on paper should be a great team. I've made a point of finding out exactly what kind of manager mcalinden is and I'm told that the young lads would go through brick walls for him. I've watch under 21 teams playing and they are much better tactically and structurally yet when they make the county seniors they are like headless chickens. so whats happening- peter mc donnell and por. are we to believe that a manager like micky harte wouldn't bring us better results... of course he would.
given the record of our county board as previously posted nothing will happen, for now. but they are not deaf, the last match i attended armagh won and i could hear armagh supporters shouting 'go way home to burren' this stuff doesn't go on for long these guys are hardened armagh supporters and wont be behind the door in letting members of the county board know about their disgust at what can rightly be seen as a failure to appoint a decent manager. paddy has to go before we become cavan   
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

illdecide

POR is on a hiding to nothing, even if he won the all ireland there are people within Armagh that will never accept him. We have some good players and some very ordinary players, on our day we are capable of beating anyone but currently i believe we are a few players short of a good team.

I can tell you one thing POR will go at the end of this year and the management team of Brian McAlinden, Liam McCorry and Paul McGrane will take the seniors next season...watch this space...

P.S. I wish POR the best of luck this year and hope he makes a few fellas eat their words
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

mountainboii

Quote from: lawnseed on March 06, 2011, 01:27:20 PM
from 99 until 2002 armagh were considered an average team yet during that period only teams that went on to win sam beat them in the latter stages of the championship. defeat is a little easier to swallow when the teams are meath,galway,and kerry. about lads not making it on to the starting 15 in other counties think of ger reid, cathal o'rourke, hughesy,andrew mccann, this 'not good enough' argument doesn't hold water these lads took a great kerry team to the piPn of their collar- twice! in games that made it into the top ten games of all time. the truth is 'por is poor' he has failed to light a fire under what on paper should be a great team. I've made a point of finding out exactly what kind of manager mcalinden is and I'm told that the young lads would go through brick walls for him. I've watch under 21 teams playing and they are much better tactically and structurally yet when they make the county seniors they are like headless chickens. so whats happening- peter mc donnell and por. are we to believe that a manager like micky harte wouldn't bring us better results... of course he would.
given the record of our county board as previously posted nothing will happen, for now. but they are not deaf, the last match i attended armagh won and i could hear armagh supporters shouting 'go way home to burren' this stuff doesn't go on for long these guys are hardened armagh supporters and wont be behind the door in letting members of the county board know about their disgust at what can rightly be seen as a failure to appoint a decent manager. paddy has to go before we become cavan

With respect, I reckon you're spoofing on that one. U21 sides aren't together for long enough and don't play enough matches to develop much in the way of meaningful tactical systems. So the claim of being able to discern what little system may be in place, from often as little as one match, is highly doubtful. For instance, I'd love to hear a tactical dissection of our U21's one game last year, when the star player went off injured before half time and most of the second half was played a man down.

bennydorano

McAlinden my hole, a hateful hoor  if ever there was one. 

lawnseed

Quote from: bennydorano on March 06, 2011, 07:51:37 PM

besides what your hole might think. there is little doubt that his ability to manage is far superior to that of por.

under the bar

Quotethere is an old saying that,, louse lips sink ships

Do lice have lips?  If so they must be very small.

lawnseed

Quote from: under the bar on March 06, 2011, 10:51:48 PM
Quotethere is an old saying that,, louse lips sink ships

Do lice have lips?  If so they must be very small.
they could give you a nasty suck :D

illdecide

Well there is a lot of people who are not fussed on McAlinden, i have no prob with him at all. I'm just telling you who will be Armagh's next management team ;) not if people like him r not
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

bennydorano

Quote from: illdecide on March 06, 2011, 11:39:32 PM

Well there is a lot of people who are not fussed on McAlinden, i have no prob with him at all. I'm just telling you who will be Armagh's next management team ;) not if people like him r not
Talk of the next management team is balls.  What if Armagh enjoy the luck Down had last year on their run to the AIF, is POR going to get chased? I very much doubt it.  Or as is entirely possible what if Armagh U21's get knocked out of the championship in the first round on Wednesday night? (for the second year in a row) McAlinden's CV will not look so hot then and talk of promotion to the Senior side will look pretty foolish.