Aontroim Vs An Mhí

Started by thejuice, February 25, 2011, 04:10:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Puff

Jinxy

Quote from: ck on February 26, 2011, 10:47:18 PM
Quote from: randomtask on February 26, 2011, 09:17:14 PM
was dean o neill playing tonight? if so how did he get on?

No, he wasnt playing. Some problem with his transfer apparently.
Meath were poor tonight. Played right into the hands of Antrim by fouling with Paddy Cunningham punishing every time.

People say we have a big team.
We do.
Big and slow.
Run at us and you will get plenty of frees.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

mattockranger

Cunningham got 9points....majority of antrim scores yet again
will to win is important the will to prepare to win is vital

thejuice

Quote from: thejuice on February 25, 2011, 04:10:06 PM
Cunningham might make hay with his jigging and dancing freekicks  considering the amount of fouling we've been doing.

Not trying to blow my own trumpet but saw this coming. Mark Ward, Gillespie and Meade simply cant tackle to save their lives.

Now we are fighting relegation instead of fighting for promotion. Hard to see where we will get 4 more points.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Jinxy

We could end up playing Tyrone on the last day to decide who goes down.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

thejuice

Graham Reilly out for 6 weeks needing an operation on his groin.  :(

Hopefully David Bray will be back soon to take his place.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

The Claw

Quote from: Jinxy on February 27, 2011, 02:39:19 PM
Quote from: ck on February 26, 2011, 10:47:18 PM
Quote from: randomtask on February 26, 2011, 09:17:14 PM
was dean o neill playing tonight? if so how did he get on?

No, he wasnt playing. Some problem with his transfer apparently.
Meath were poor tonight. Played right into the hands of Antrim by fouling with Paddy Cunningham punishing every time.

People say we have a big team.
We do.
Big and slow.
Run at us and you will get plenty of frees.
Is that not because people are being played out of position? They are not used to their positions and end up being over vealous and fouling. From what I can see Reilly and Kenny are the only players who are playing in their correct positions. King is a wing back although he has had a good start to the season. O'Brien is a wing back. McGuinness is a centre back (am I right in saying he was corner back for one of the games? - crazy), Brian Meade is a midfielder, doesn't make sense to me to have a man with his engine holding and marking space. Maybe in time they will get used to their positions but its a tough ask on some of the players IMO.
There are prototypical corner backs like Chris O'Connor (don't forget he had a very good season last year) Dalton and McGill available.