Started by Tubberman, February 10, 2011, 10:48:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rouge_Diablo

Quote from: ziggysego on February 10, 2011, 04:38:25 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on February 10, 2011, 04:33:15 PM
Quote from: mick999 on February 10, 2011, 04:31:52 PM
This is what he tweeted:

On Thursday 10th February 2011, @EamonnMallie said:

In the coming hours the scale and depth of expertise lost to NI will emerge as a result of the plane crash in Cork. At dheis De go raibh anamacha.

I'd imagine that means the fact that there is bound to be experienced, good, business people that use that flight.

He tweeted earlier:

Reports reaching me that one of those aboard crashed plane in Cork is linked to prominent family with North South links. Two sources."

I have heard since that a Belfast based business man from Tyrone has died in the crash.

Pat Cullinan, a partner in KPMG originally from Omagh is one of the dead, another is a linked to the presidents husband.

ziggysego

Quote from: Rois on February 10, 2011, 05:01:12 PM
Ziggy I'd heard earlier about someone who might fit that description. A partner in an accounting firm in Belfast.

Yeah, sounds about right.
Testing Accessibility

Puckoon

Tragic News. God help their families and loved ones. I can't imagine worse final moments - as someone else said on here its also my worst nightmare. This is a tragic year so far.

Rouge_Diablo

Quote from: Puckoon on February 10, 2011, 05:14:54 PM
I can't imagine worse final moments - as someone else said on here its also my worst nightmare.

My brother was on that plane a few days ago, he is driving himself mad with what ifs.

orangeman

Two Irish citizens, three British people and a Spaniard were killed in today's plane crash at Cork Airport.

Of the six survivors, two of whom walked away from the mangled wreckage of the 18-seater turboprop aircraft, two are British citizens, two are from the North and the others are from Waterford and Cork, Garda sources confirmed.

Some of the dead were understood to be the crew and employees of the KPMG accountancy firm based in Belfast.

One of the dead was a partner in the business, Pat Cullinan, originally from Omagh, Co Tyrone.

Terence O'Rourke, KPMG's managing partner, paid tribute to his colleague, who had been with the firm for more than 20 years.

"Pat Cullinan was an extremely talented professional and a real gentleman," Mr O'Rourke said.

"He was highly regarded by all of his colleagues and clients and his tragic and untimely death has come as a shock to everyone in the firm, especially to those in our Belfast office and to all who knew Pat as an exceptional friend and colleague."

Mr Cullinan joined KPMG's Belfast office in 1989 and qualified in 1993 before working in London for several years and transferred to Dublin in 2002. He was appointed a partner in 2005.

The only woman on the flight, who was from the UK, survived.

It is understood another of the men who died was a businessman from Cookstown, Co Tyrone.

Read more: http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/two-irish-among-six-crash-dead-492996.html#ixzz1DZvPVqWm

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: ziggysego on February 10, 2011, 04:20:50 PM
Eamonn Mallie has been hinting for the last hour, that someone big in northern politics was killed in the crash. He won't say who yet.

UTV Live is doing a News Special and its their political correspondent who's in the studio leading on it. This would give some credence to your theory
Careful now

omagh_gael

fitzroyalty

Rouge_Diablo

ziggysego

Quote from: Rouge_Diablo on February 10, 2011, 06:11:12 PM
Quote from: fitzroyalty on February 10, 2011, 05:55:11 PM
A nephew of President McAleese. RIP to those who died.

RTE say it was a cousin?

Yes. Eamonn Mallie has now said on Twitter, this is who he was referring to on Twitter earlier this afternoon.
Testing Accessibility

Hoof Hearted

Yep, Brendan McAleese, General Manager of Central Laundries Cookstown.
From near Randalstown.
Relation of President McAleese's husband Martin.
I think this is who isourboydownyet was referring to earlier.

Didnt know the man myself but know what isourboy is talking about. Very sad, we think we have tough days sometimes, but when you think of this poor girl, and the rest of the relatives, we have fcuk all to complain about
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Maguire01

Absolutely terrible news - condolences to all those involved.