Armagh v Dublin - NFL 05/02/11

Started by bennydorano, January 30, 2011, 06:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Iceman

Quote from: mrgaa1 on February 04, 2011, 03:24:39 PM

For food etc... the Hotel does decent food and is about a 4-5 minute lazy walk to the pitch. 

You couldn't jog from the hotel doors to the pitch in 4-5 minutes lad
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

crossfire

By far the quickest and easiest way for Dublin fans to get to the game is to take the M1 to Newry.

Take the Newry/Armagh/Craigavon exiit and then follow the signs for Armagh.

There will be at least 2 Newry exits before you come to the one you want.

Cheers

Fear ón Srath Bán

In advance of this game I think it can be safely said that Armagh are looking forward to hosting Dublin - their team and fans. 
For those supporters travelling from Dublin my advice would be that there are two main ways into the city.
You can travel up via Newry and down to Armagh but you'd be going near Newry around 5pm(ish) and lots of traffic.

I don't think so. I've been via Newry a good few times recently during heavy rush hour traffic and not a bother in Newry with the new bypass.

By far and away the quickest way into Armagh from Dublin now is the Newry bypass.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

armagho9

Quote from: The Iceman on February 04, 2011, 08:13:12 PM

For food etc... the Hotel does decent food and is about a 4-5 minute lazy walk to the pitch. 

You couldn't jog from the hotel doors to the pitch in 4-5 minutes lad

Were you saying mrgaa couldnt or just saying in general.  Its a couple of hundred yards.  Very close

DuffleKing

Jaysus, i don't know where we're going with BJP starting at centre forward. anyway, other than that its as good as we can muster i guess. i hope have they figured out how to compete for ball in the middle third and defend properly since the McKenna cup.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: DuffleKing on February 05, 2011, 12:17:50 AM

Jaysus, i don't know where we're going with BJP starting at centre forward. anyway, other than that its as good as we can muster i guess. i hope have they figured out how to compete for ball in the middle third and defend properly since the McKenna cup.

When all else has failed................................
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

David McKeown

Quote from: whitegoodman on February 04, 2011, 08:10:13 PM
Would that be armagh best team outside of the 2 clarkes and A Kernan and hearty.  Who would the outfield players come in for, martin, lavery,padden and mallon???

Id like to think Finn Mo would make it and a couple more Cross lads in with a shout at a starting championship spot
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

stiffler

Does anyone know any bars around Lurgan which has Setanta?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

lurganblue

Quote from: stiffler on February 05, 2011, 01:53:35 PM

Most in lurgan should be showing the match. The vintage, jp's, reids or even the courthouse (also include the gaa social clubs). If it clashes with soccer though it may get the raw deal in some bars and be stuck on a crap screen in the corner. Such is the type of tools we have in lurgan.

stiffler

Quote from: lurganblue on February 05, 2011, 02:50:21 PM

Most in lurgan should be showing the match. The vintage, jp's, reids or even the courthouse (also include the gaa social clubs). If it clashes with soccer though it may get the raw deal in some bars and be stuck on a crap screen in the corner. Such is the type of tools we have in lurgan.

good man, hope they will be showing the down game  ;)
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Ulick

Reid's is the place to watch the match in Lurgan. Owned by Gerard Reid and Cathal O'Rourke. Probably be some food on after as well.

anportmorforjfc

Are there any links to the game, can't be fecked goin to the pub?

anportmorforjfc

anportmorforjfc

anportmorforjfc

Armagh 1-10 Dublin 2-12

Looks like game over, armagh had got it back to level!