Armagh v Dublin - NFL 05/02/11

Started by bennydorano, January 30, 2011, 06:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on February 12, 2011, 02:43:45 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on February 10, 2011, 08:49:49 PM
Duffy is class goin forward, ropey enough defending. If u read the Dubs forums a lot had Bryan Cullen as their MOTM, for all the stylish forward moves he's neglecting his (supposed) main role - defending. AK did/does get stick for his lack of defensive skills, Duffy is no better in that department imo.

Is that the same Cullen who plays wing forward and is therefore supposed to be makign stylish forward moves as first priority?

Ach, sure, you know these nordies, every player is a defender first and foremost.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Final Whistle on February 10, 2011, 05:55:16 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on February 10, 2011, 05:49:12 PM
Quote from: pearseog on February 09, 2011, 10:14:11 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on February 09, 2011, 01:44:32 PM
Quote from: Goats Do Shave on February 09, 2011, 11:15:08 AM
Quote from: PatDaly on February 07, 2011, 06:53:50 PM
Anyone care to comment on Brian Mallon's performance? Why does he continually make the starting 15? What exactly did he contribute to the team on Saturday night?

Brian Mallon is a super footballer! He's most affective in the full forward line, but he's not going to play well if the right ball isn't given to him... much like anyone you put in there! - In the first half v Down the ball was low & in front... he won every ball & Down had to switch men on him. The ball stopped coming in & he was pulled out to half forwards to do the donkey work again.

Apples... Duffy is a line breaker! Antother supreme talent! He starts most of our attacks & is very direct & comfortable on the ball - which is a refreshing change, from those players 'dilly dallying' & playing backwards passing!!

Can get very frustrating reading reviews on here about players giving their all!
As I stated before its all about opinion, if you are frustrated then don't use the board, I don't expect everyone to agree with my assessment but there you go....my assessment. You will never hear me question anyone's effort either for club or county, players don't set out to play badly...it just happens.

yea but theres posting opinions and then theres being blind. duffy started most of armaghs attacks on saturday night and when the defence got the ball you can see them looking for paul to link defence and attack. you also speak of AK's "vision and playmaking skills". paul is twice the player in that department IMO. you then say that paul is shaky in defence. one of the reasons AK was moved to CHF was because of his poor defensive skills. i can only imagine that that you have tainted opinions of pearse og or just paul himself
Not at all, as I said that is my opinion I respect your right to disagree, please respect mine. I didn't even know he was an og's player.

:-[ :-[ :-[

Whats your problem, I don't get to see much club football.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Orangemac on February 11, 2011, 11:32:45 PM
Tyrone seemed to get away with playing Jordan and Harte at wing back. Mind you they always had someone covering when they went forward.

If it came down to a choice betwen the 2, it would have to be Kernan. Seems back to his best for Cross in terms of distribution and is reliable for left sided frees.
Correct

bennydorano

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on February 12, 2011, 02:43:45 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on February 10, 2011, 08:49:49 PM
Duffy is class goin forward, ropey enough defending. If u read the Dubs forums a lot had Bryan Cullen as their MOTM, for all the stylish forward moves he's neglecting his (supposed) main role - defending. AK did/does get stick for his lack of defensive skills, Duffy is no better in that department imo.

Is that the same Cullen who plays wing forward and is therefore supposed to be makign stylish forward moves as first priority?
I was referring to Duffy neglecting his defensive duties.  Why would i give a flying one about what Cullen does?