RIP Michaela McAreavey

Started by MR99, January 10, 2011, 05:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crossfire

Very, very sad.

Sincere condolences to her husband John and the Harte family.

RIP

Don Johnson

Only after watching that interview, he is a brave man. I am very emotional here after watching it.

Hope Brian McAreavey and Mark Harte reach John as soon as possible, I can't begin to think the hurt he is going through out there. He is a strong person the best of times but this will push anyone.

theskull1

Quote from: Sportacus on January 11, 2011, 09:26:59 PM
Watched Mickey's interview on BBC News 24.  He just makes me proud to be in the GAA.  So dignified, genuine and articulate. 

RIP.

+1

Such is the unfairness of life when people like him who has contributed massively and through his well considered articulation has inspired the world in which he lives in has to face such a tragedy.  My heart goes out to both the families involved.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

DennistheMenace

I'm full of emotion, sadness with anger coming to the forefront now. Really can't comprehend this at all.

BennyHarp

Just saw Mickey talking to the cameras there on the National ITV news! Sat here in England watching the pain Mickey is going through is hard to take and extremely surreal! I really hope the family find strength from all the good will and prayers the whole country is offering them!
That was never a square ball!!

Aaron Boone

Hard to believe the same wedding chapel now has the funeral coming up.
And the funeral could be a week away, who knows when Mauritius enquiries are finished.

Don Johnson

Lovely picture of the two of them the day after the wedding, was a fireworks display for them.

J70

How is that poor lad every going to be able to face pictures like that?  :(

Doogie Browser

Was nice to hear Cardinal Brady sent a priest to be with John as soon as he heard.

machaman

I have read this thread in its entirety.  I cannot add more to what has been said. Shocked and saddened. 

Lecale2

achtungantrim

i still can't take in this latest tragedy which has befallen tyrone gaa and the harte family in particular. condolences to the mcareavey family aswell, what must that lad be going through out there?

i think there will be no dissenting voices when i say that every gael's thoughts from every county in ireland are with those families directly affected by this terrible tragedy. mickey has always come across as a true gentleman, indeed he's an ambassador for everything that's good about the GAA. i hope mickey's strong faith will give him and his family the fortitude to get through the tough times that lie ahead. our thoughts and prayers are with both families and friends affected by this terrible waste of a young life.

RIP michaela.

give her dixie

Since hearing the tragic news yesterday afternoon, I have been in a state of shock.
As a relative of Michaela I have known her all her life. She was one incredible woman, and words cannot
describe how I feel right now. From an early age, Michaela could light up a room with her energy, and she
truely was a beautiful person. Her relationship with her father was amazing, and I don't know of a father daughter relationship that could compare to the one she had with Mickey. It truely was unique.

Watching Mickey tonight with Mattie and Michael really hit me hard, and I cried rivers of tears.
Mickey has had a lot to deal with over the years, and the way he spoke tonight was something special.
How they are going to cope over the coming days is beyond me. I know they have incredible faith,
and hopefully that will see them through the dark days ahead.

We have had some incredible days in the sun here in Tyrone over the past number of years with success on the field, and with it, we have had incredible sorrow. However, this latest tradegy to hit us, has hit us hard.
Throughout Ireland and futher afield right now, people are coming together and sharing the pain for Michaela and John, her husband. At this time, we are all one.

Michaela, you were one in a million, a true gem. I will never forget your love and friendship, and may your time spent among us during your 27 years with us be an ispriration to another generation to come. I will always love you and treasure the time we had together.

Reast in Peace Michaela.
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

tyrone girl

Been in absolute shock since this news yesterday. Feel so sad and devastated so i cant begin to imagine how her poor husband and family are feeling. Its beyond all comprehension. I literally cant think of anything else at the minute. By all accounts a lovely kind girl who will be missed more than could ever be put into words by those close to her.
Cried my eyes out watching Mickey Harte and the two boys on the news this evening. Even in his grief he was so dignified but the pain etched on all their faces was totally heartbreaking. May god give her husband and family all strength and take them through these dark dark days.
RIP Michaela